Not enough disk space to save the replay? this will fix it..

• Thread starter kjeldsen
  • 31 comments
Lots of space on the harddrive so i could not be the problem.. I tried to delete the disk cache (from the options menu in GT-SPORT), rebuild the PS4 database and no change..
Turns out it was My Library in the game that had to many saved replays.. delete a few, and the problem was gone..

View attachment 701456

Last edited:
Replays have widely varying file sizes. If you open up a replay you can see its size and choose the big ones you don't want any more. I scroll down to the oldest and start looking for candidates

Delete all the games you don't play anymore

That will not help. The message says there's not enough disk space, but that's wrong. I get the error message when I have over 300 GIGAbytes free. It's some other limit

Yes the warning message is inaccurate and has nothing to do with your harddrive space, the MB limit is imposed on saved replay sizes.

To quote myself..

Turns out it was My Library in the game that had to many saved replays.. delete a few, and the problem was gone..

How many minutes of replays did you have? I have about 60 minutes worth of replays so far.

The size of the file is heavily influenced by the number of cars on the track, not just the number of minutes.

Also, replays of multiplayer races have to store liveries, so file sizes would be larger if participants have complex liveries. Though I'm not sure if that would make an appreciable difference.

PS an experiment just occurred to me. I'm going to Time Trial the Isle oval (because it's short and storing the path should require less storage) in two cars, save the best laps for each and inspect file sizes. A stock car and one with a complex livery. Thanks for the inspiration.

So I don’t understand, I made a new PSN account for GT Sport, And now I only have 45 MB of replayed that it to save is there a way I could increase this????My PS4 Pro has a 1 TB and a 4 TB hard drive external.

The size of the file is heavily influenced by the number of cars on the track, not just the number of minutes.

Also, replays of multiplayer races have to store liveries, so file sizes would be larger if participants have complex liveries. Though I'm not sure if that would make an appreciable difference.

PS an experiment just occurred to me. I'm going to Time Trial the Isle oval (because it's short and storing the path should require less storage) in two cars, save the best laps for each and inspect file sizes. A stock car and one with a complex livery. Thanks for the inspiration.
What did you find out

You can always record your replays and save your recordings to your capture gallary. Though that is gonna take up quite some space if you do that for all your races.

I record my best races, upload them to YouTube to save them online and then just remove them from the GTS library and capture gallary to preserve space for new replays.

Lots of space on the harddrive so i could not be the problem.. I tried to delete the disk cache (from the options menu in GT-SPORT), rebuild the PS4 database and no change..

View attachment 701456
I can’t see any option to delete saved replays when using a Thrustmaster wheel and pedals controller. Any ideas?

I am a replay hoarder... i have practically all my replays since i started playing last May.... unfortunately my GTS file is all filled up and reach the cap...

I hate being in this situation ! WHy can't i keep all of my replay ?? why should there be a cap on file size ? Can't we have a separate save file just for our library that is not limited ??!

This is the reason for why i stopped playing for the past month or so...

Can someone please give me the solution or the work-around here ? Can i just off load my replays from the GTS file onto my PS4 just like you would be able to do for the photos ?

I really dont want to delete any of them because i want to be able to retire and watch them again then... (in +20 years) ....

Please help...

Press triangle
When I press triangle it doesn’t display any option for delete.

I think there may be a bug in GT-S for my controller, as I’m also unable to navigate fully in the achievements section, only the top row is accessible and for lower rows I have to use a mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is share my replays then save them to my "Collection", capacity for 1000 replays. Then I can go to my library and delete the replay keeping plenty of space for future replays.

I am a replay hoarder... i have practically all my replays since i started playing last May.... unfortunately my GTS file is all filled up and reach the cap...

I hate being in this situation ! WHy can't i keep all of my replay ?? why should there be a cap on file size ? Can't we have a separate save file just for our library that is not limited ??!

This is the reason for why i stopped playing for the past month or so...

Can someone please give me the solution or the work-around here ? Can i just off load my replays from the GTS file onto my PS4 just like you would be able to do for the photos ?

I really dont want to delete any of them because i want to be able to retire and watch them again then... (in +20 years) ....

Please help...
In 20 years? If we are all alive in 20 years we will be playing on a PS8 or 9 and Kaz will be retired and there might not even be a Gran Turismo. Everything ends or dies. Don't stop playing cause you can't watch a 20 year old replay. Keep racing and making new memories, good times, making new friends, chatting, laughing, and of course the crashes and mistakes that threw away the win. Love my Gran Turismo despite it's many flaws.

Last edited:
In 20 years? If we are all alive in 20 years we be playing on a PS8 or 9 and Kaz will be retired and there might not even be a Gran Turismo. Everything ends or dies.

Yes, but I told myself to keep all of my PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 to go back and play them then no matter what...
It sounds dumb,but that's my retirement plan...

I am a simple man...

Back