Not finding decals in-game, but I can on the web site

• Thread starter BloodRaven
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Blood_Raven_70
Has anyone else run into this issue?

I"m trying to do a livery based on an actual race car. There are a couple decals that I can find if I do a search on the web site using either Gallery Search or by searching through a user. However, they won't show up if I do a search in-game. And I have no idea who to download them online and have them be usable in-game.....if that's even possible with GT7.

When I do a search online, I can search just one word in the decal and 2 of them show up (exactly the one I need). However, doing a search in-game using 1 word, 2 words, 3 words, or all 4 yields nothing. It's for a Super GT car and doing a search for "Super GT" returns a lot of results. However, this decal isn't among them. I've done searches every way I know how.....using the main sponsor of the car, the car, itself, the class, the words in the decal, etc. Nada.

There needs to be a way in-game to search by user.

And I have no idea who to download them online and have them be usable in-game
Just add them to your collection and they'll be in the game.

Screenshot 2022-06-10 221105.png

Last edited:
for whatever reason, the search engine in game will give you only results matching uploaders tags.
the website is more a "traditionnal" search engine, you'll get the results in the decal title & description (and tags too I suppose? never checked)
my point is: forget the in game search engine.

Last edited:
for whatever reason, the search engine in game will give you only results matching uploaders tags.
the website is more a "traditionnal" search engine, you'll get the results in the decal title & description (and tags too I suppose? never checked)
Yes, but an issue with the website is that it only returns 1 page of results. So both ways have their negatives.

I was thinking along those lines seeing as how the in-game search doesn't allow you to add any modifiers to the search. It's just type it in and hope something comes up. But with the online search, I get WAY more choices. So from now on, I'll be using the online search then adding it to my collection.

Thanks to all for replying. It was driving me nuts not being able to find some of the decals. But now I know how to do it, I've gone back and found a lot more and saved them.

Back