Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is literally the only video I could find. Go ahead, pick it apart. Tell me how PC2 looks better.

I also have a question that you haven't directly answered - have you actually played GT7? Because if you haven't then you have no basis for an argument.

Edit -

You can certainly argue about taste... but to me GT7 looks much more real and therefore better than PC2. I'm NOT saying PC2 looks bad, but GT7 is just nicer in my eyes/taste. It looks more natural and "correct". The light/shadows, the surfaces and the reflections on them.. the colors, sometimes they "glow" when they are supposed to or you expect them to.. and sometimes they are rather overcast even when you expect it.

If I get another 19 of the same Porsche, upgrade them all to the same spec and then give them all individual livery’s I’ve got an entire field of Porsche cup cars. Obviously thats a lot of credits to achieve but the possibility is there.

The same could be done with literally any car in the game that allows custom liveries. Retro F1, Touring Cars, Lambo Cup, Megane trophy, Clio Cup Etc. You can even name the AI drivers!
That is a nice touch to be fair. But let me know how your Porsche 917K one-make race goes...

wink-ray-cameron.gif

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to stop acting like a kid. Opinions have been made clear, each to his own. Let's move on is what I say instead of turning this into a 5 year olds' flaming war.
This site has always been great, Famine/Andrew put out quality articles but last few years I’ve been avoiding the forums they’ve just turned into a debate club.

Last edited:
This site has always been great, Famine/Andrew put out quality articles but last few years I’ve been avoiding the forums they’ve just turned into a debate club.
It's just several threads where the same group of people are demanding that everybody else hates Gran Turismo as much as they do.

No he doesnt. Lol stop lying.
Every time you write "lol" I feel 8% less motivated to read your posts.
Im somewhere around -28% now.
Bring some adult in your communicating and treat people online like you would IRL. Although I'm thinking that might be exactly what you are doing.

Last edited:
The way that one or two people are persistently negative in this thread (and in every other thread), building a massive "anti" narrative where everything Polyphony does is bad and then claiming to be their biggest fan, it just reminds me of someone that I'll only refer to as "EH"

"EH" did the exactly same thing with a leading motorsport championship: continuously blasted said championship, vilified the championship, and would go out of his way to find negative coverage of the championship so he could spread it across numerous social media groups. . . . "EH" is now blacklisted because when he applied for a job in motorsport then found all of the above with one google search.

And no, he wasn't blacklisted for "having an opinion", he was blacklisted for more or less slandering the sport and bringing (or at least trying to) it's name into disrepute.
What you and many others don’t seem to understand is that you can be critical of something you like, or even love.

As of this moment, I’ve put 59 hours into GT7. Do you really think I’d put 59 hours into a game that’s only been out for a week if I hated it?

Having said that, there are a lot of issues and bad design choices that I would like PD to fix/improve, some of which I’ve pointed out in this thread.

If no one addresses faults and questionable design and instead just keeps being as happily naive as you guys, what do you think would happen?

What you and many others don’t seem to understand is that you can be critical of something you like, or even love.

As of this moment, I’ve put 59 hours into GT7. Do you really think I’d put 59 hours into a game that’s only been out for a week if I hated it?

Having said that, there are a lot of issues and bad design choices that I would like PD to fix/improve, some of which I’ve pointed out in this thread.

If no one addresses faults and questionable design and instead just keeps being as happily naive as you guys, what do you think would happen?
The problem with it is often times not the message, but the way it's communicated.

You create your own races, custom race is available on every circuit, that's a big bonus. And you can set 200 laps, endurance enough for you? Plus get a good collection of cars and set AI to drive them. Make any class you want, there's more than enough choice. And the time and weather.. fuel, tyre wear it's all there.
Yeah but the payouts are garbage, some events with real payouts would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back