(NOT)Sandbagging it's something else. SOLVED!!

• Thread starter sdi_03
  • 183 comments
This thread still makes 0 sense.
Original claim was that there is differing grip levels between old & new accounts; presumably you were playing on the same wheel when you were convinced this was the case?

Same wheel for all tests. Like I said, the grip was altering between good and bad In the same account. In new account the grip was better, but tested that just a few laps. If Id driven more, I'm sure that the issues would still be there.

I knew that there was something wrong, just could't pinpoint the problem. I think that's why this thread is so confusing.
I should have taken more pro approach to this problem I know. Being an engineer and all :P

Now for the thrustmaster wheel, it's way better than the g29 that I have. In sunday driving I'm sure that you would not think that it's bad, but when you take the car to its limits, T300RS is much more stable. This is why I said that the pad has magic, it has compared to my g29. T300rs feels almost the same as the pad.

I have had that g29 about 2 years, but not used it much before starting gt-sports this year. So it might be bad from start.
Did try it on PC2 demo, noticed that the deadzone in the center is quite big. This deadzone might be the cause what makes the car unsettled when its on the edge of grip, thus car seems to have less grip.

Last edited:
night and day
I've recently decided on and bought a g29.
Haven't really used it much till I sort out a rig, but when I was deciding everybody told me those exact words "night and day" difference.
Ultimately I went Logitec less based on price and more because of the reliability reputation, and I ran a DFGT on gt5 so it's familiar.
I haven't tried a TM or Fanatec, but based on what a couple of friends have said the difference is absolute light years.
@sdi_03, if you're claiming that you're all sorted out now then I can easily believe that. Now get out there and enjoy :)

Thanks splitwindow, just need to sort out what pedals to use. Will try to find connectors to make adapter cable for the g29 pedals.
Or just order T3PA-pro pedals.

Thanks splitwindow, just need to sort out what pedals to use. Will try to find connectors to make adapter cable for the g29 pedals.
Or just order T3PA-pro pedals.

That is EXACTLY what I would do. The junk pedals can be replaced.

G wheels are not reliable. I went through 2 DFGT and a G27, all of them broke. My buddy was able to fix the G27 with some replacement internals but it broke again this time something nolonger available so the wheel was junked.

G wheels are the budget high rotation wheel, we are talking over 15 year old design if not older, the wheels all use the same internals. Only real difference is the DFGT has straight cut gears while G27 G29 etc have helical gears other than that's its the same as the G25 from waaaay back.

Its designed around games that would rumble FFB with nowhere near the detail of modern games, the tech IMHO is dated, stopped being ideal since GT5

Back