Not sure if my PC can run this

• Thread starter klondike
  • 9 comments
Klondike_rush
Thinking about buying AC for eather console or PC.

For my PC I has the old G25 Wheel, that I cant use on Console version.

Anyhow I am unsure if my PC can run the game in a resonable way.

I Am not expert on PC specs so maybe someone can help me out :-)

My PC specs

Windows 10
Intel Core i5-2500 - 3,3 GHZ
Ram 8 GB
Nvidia GTX570

I read that the required specs for PC Assetto corsa are.
  • MD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
  • Hukommelse: 2 GB RAM
  • Grafik: DirectX 10.1 (e.g. AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
So I gues hoping i understand it correct.

That my old PC is able to run the game ?

Thinking about buying AC for either console or PC.

After using the console version for a few years, & having a mate who has the PC version, I cannot recommend the console version at all. Go for the PC version 100%.

You can use your G25 on the console version with the Drive Hub converter, follow the link in my signature for more info.

That my old PC is able to run the game?

I'm no computer expert, but your PC does seem to be above the minimum requirements.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can. With my old 1Gb graphics card (which was always above 90°C) I could run the game at 30fps with one car on the track.

Now, I have an 1050Ti and the game now runs at 110fps on high graphics, with 12 cars on the track I have a stable 40, but mostly even more.
The rest of my PC is much worse than yours:
  • Intel Core I3 550 3.2Ghz (From 9 years ago)
  • 4Gb ram
  • And of course Windows 10
However, sometimes I get CPU Occupancy>99%. During that it runs a bit slower (Not lags, just slow), but it lasts ~2 seconds.

Also, I suggest you to take a look at your Nvidia Control Panel (or Nvidia Inspector, but that's more complicated), you can optimize your game, and it will not just run smooth, it'll look a lot better! Search on Google for some settings!

Hope I could help, and have fun with AC! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys.

I will get it for my PC then. I had my G25 wheel for ages. Its almost not used because i kinda lost interest with PS3, and couldent use it for my Xbox or PS4.

But now it shal be lifted from its grave and become usefull again :-)

Thanks for all the replys.

I will get it for my PC then. I had my G25 wheel for ages. Its almost not used because i kinda lost interest with PS3, and couldent use it for my Xbox or PS4.

But now it shal be lifted from its grave and become usefull again :-)
You will have to lower the setting with your computer but if you like race sims, you are definitely going to enjoy AC.

Thinking about buying AC for eather console or PC.

Anyhow I am unsure if my PC can run the game in a resonable way.

I Am not expert on PC specs so maybe someone can help me out :-)

My PC specs

Windows 10
Intel Core i5-2500 - 3,3 GHZ
Ram 8 GB
Nvidia GTX570

I read that the required specs for PC Assetto corsa are.
  • MD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
  • Hukommelse: 2 GB RAM
  • Grafik: DirectX 10.1 (e.g. AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)
So I gues hoping i understand it correct.

That my old PC is able to run the game ?

AC is a very well optimised game on PC, so your old rig should be able to run it at at least a stable 30fps I would imagine. Hell, if you turn graphics settings down to a low setting, you might even get to 60fps. I agree with everyone who says don't get the console version. I have AC on PS4 and it's barely worth $5 IMO. The PC version is better in every measurable way, and the PC has mods, which really make this game shine. Without the mods this is just a very nice simulator platform with barely any content.

As for the game's performance, my rig is pretty weak, and runs AC very well, so hopefully you can take some confidence from that.
My rig's specs are:
i3 4360
8GB DDR3 1600
GTX770 4GB Gainward Phantom

With these very 2013 specs, I can set AC on almost max settings and still get around 100fps average on Kunos content. I use vsync, because even frame time is more important to me, and as such I'm always running as locked 60fps, but the reason I set it up to have the extra ~40fps of headroom is a lot of mods are poorly optimised, so it really does help having the headroom there so that there's no drops under 60fps for the vast majority of content.

My PS4 never ran AC at a solid 60fps, despite clearly running the game at quite low settings (can't change graphics settings in the console version).

*Edited just to add that with your rig, even buying a $100 second hand graphics card will bump your performance in AC up dramatically. Your CPU and RAM are easily good enough to get 100fps average with a reasonable graphics card. If you can find a nice cheap 770, even a 2gb model, you'd be smashing the performance of the PS4 or XB1 in this game.

AC need good cpu :)
"old" cpu i7 920 was able to handle 12 cars on locked 60fps
"new" cpu i7 6700k able to handle full grid locked 60fps

Was that at stock clocks? I had mine at 4Ghz and it could double your grid size and more for the most part. It still held around 35fps with a 52 car grid.
Hi, no overclocking, all stock :) Whaat? 52 cars? You use a mod? 32 slots are max in sp&mp on tourist ring:)

Latest Posts

Back