November Update Undocumented Changes

• Thread starter GrindyBeak
  • 28 comments
United States
United States
Post any undocumented changes here if you come across any.

-When you exit the Telemetry it will save the spot and next time you open it it will go back to the one it was on (This one really annoyed me before)
-Honda Civic '86 Cockpit camera offset fix

Last edited:
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_november_content_update

November Content Update

CARS

· Fixed an issue where pop-up headlights on equipped cars would inadvertently engage automatically in Forzavista. In addition, fixed an issue where headlights pins in Forzavista would not function correctly for cars with pop-up headlights.

· Fixed an issue where electric cars did not burn battery with Fuel/Tire Wear Difficulty set to “simulation”

· Various fixes and improvements on a number of cars in the game

TRACKS

· LIME ROCK – Fixed an issue where cars entering the pits at high speeds would not have damage fixed during the pit stop

· NÜRBURGRING – Fixed an issue where cars could leave the environment after colliding with a barrier on the first turn of the Nürburgring + GP ribbon

AUDIO

· Corrected/updated engine audio on a number of cars in the game

· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

MULTIPLAYER

· Server enhancements to improve matchmaking performance. These enhancements should result in improved multiplayer connections, especially for the small population of Forza 6 players who were previously having trouble connecting to multiplayer in the game.

· We’ve made a change to address an issue where players could hold a multiplayer lobby open for an indefinite amount of time by not finishing a race. As a result of this change, players can no longer sit idle in League races and accrue points. In addition, players who are inactive for a certain period of time in a race will be removed.

· Fixed an issue where lobby hosts in an Xbox Live party would inadvertently stop waiting for players in his/her party after matching into a public lobby game, backing out, and then making a private multiplayer game

· Fixed an issue where MP lobbies with roll-off delay were preventing the rear view mirror from appearing for players

MODS

· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times

· Using a Mod that forces sim damage on in a race will now result in Drivatar cars also taking sim damage

· Crew Chief Mods can no longer be sold

LIVERY/TUNING

· Fixed an issue where players could unlock and share locked liveries by altering the livery in ForzaVista and then entering the Test Drive section of the game

· Fixed an issue where tunes were inadvertently prevented from being shared due to language filter bug

MISCELLANEOUS

· Fixed an issue in replays, where telemetry for Drivatar cars was showing “stock,” even if the car was upgraded

· Fixed an issue where Drivatars would be duplicated in a multiplayer lobby

Free Car: 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO

When Nissan management told its chief designer Ben Bowlby not make an “Audi copy” in the company’s run-up to LeMans, he took the instructions to heart. The GT-R LM NISMO is nothing like the Audi LeMans Prototypes. In fact, the GT-R LM is unlike anything ever built for the track. For starters, the engine is in front of the cockpit, a design not seen in more than 10 years. Furthermore, that engine powers the front wheels. The rear wheels receive power through a Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS). With well over 1,000 hp between the combustion engine and KERS, the GT-R LM has the power to compete. In the true essence of prototypes, it is a highly experimental design. Success in the 2015 World Endurance Championship and 24 Hours of Le Mans eluded the team, but Nissan’s racing development program continues to push the envelope on this intriguing design. Find out for yourself if the concept is viable on the track in Forza 6.

d1e4b0a0-657f-430a-8543-c37a189262c8.jpg

So the two rabbit AIs pulling away from everyone hasnt been fixed?

ayyy lmao

Also why isnt the GTR Nismo bigger news? GT6 had a big song and dance about it, granted it was a part of the Academy caper.

Also why isnt the GTR Nismo bigger news? GT6 had a big song and dance about it, granted it was a part of the Academy caper.

It came on the tail of Senna's MP4/4 announcement, in a game where real life cars are regular additions, not the exception. I imagine that's why. :P

Though in all honesty, considering the amount of people complaining about this month's pack on the official forums or on Facebook, I imagine the Nismo isn't that popular with the average Forza player.

How nice of Nissan guys that even with all the GT Academy thing, they didn't make the GTR LM NISMO to be exclusive on one platform/game.

No flame bait, just honest wondering.

How nice of Nissan guys that even with all the GT Academy thing, they didn't make the GTR LM NISMO to be exclusive on one platform/game.

No flame bait, just honest wondering.

I hope this means the TS030/40 will eventually make its way into FM6

Maybe T10's stance on exclusivity over Ferrari has made the sim arena much less greedy?

Might be that the bonus free car each month will be Nissan? Last month the Infiniti concept, this month the GTR LM. Even back in FM5 we got the Q50 and Eau Rouge in the same pack.

VXR
Maybe T10's stance on exclusivity over Ferrari has made the sim arena much less greedy?

Might be that the bonus free car each month will be Nissan? Last month the Infiniti concept, this month the GTR LM. Even back in FM5 we got the Q50 and Eau Rouge in the same pack.

That's an interesting point. A free Nissan each month would hardly be a bad thing. Thanks for reminding me that we're missing the normal Q50, though! :P

Actually, isn't one being contested in the BTCC right now? Hmmmm...

The Caparo T1 now is now represented by a British flag. It used a Dutch flag before.

I'm also quite sure that the handling of the Ferrari 458 has been affected by the various car improvements mentioned in the patch notes. I think the car now does a better job resembling its real life handling characteristics. It used to be a handful without most difficulty assists enabled, almost as if it had no balance. The limits of the car now feel more tangible and it's easier to recover from small slides.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me that we're missing the normal Q50, though! :P
Thanks for reminding me. :( It was easily one of my favorite C and B Class cars, and was oddly fast and unexpecting to the people that you're passing :lol: I don't even like the Eau Rouge :(

I'm also quite sure that the handling of the Ferrari 458 has been affected by the various car improvements mentioned in the patch notes.

Does it also affect the GTLM version of the car? In that case... :drool:

It seems that the handling update has made starting powerful racing cars without the use of TC while playing on the G-pad a tad easier. It may even be possible to drive the E23 fast the way Lotus intended (this, however, still requires experimentation on my part).

When did Bathurst get all those extra tire barriers at the end of Conrod through the chicanes?

I must of not noticed before, but they are not there in the FM5 version.

Well, the track ambience is totally changed - watching replays doesn't even look like the correct venue. And the tire barriers pretty much change the in-car visual cues as well.

Sticky grass starting about 3/4 of a car width off the track is a lot better than turning every track into a urban city replica :)

I disagree, sticky grass was the worst. Was the only thing I really hated in Forza 5. If people wouldn't cut corners, be honest and raced fair they would've never put those tyre barriers. Actually I like those tyre barriers, if you hit them you get penalized quite a lot. You sort of get buried there and lose a great deal of time.

Last edited:
I disagree, sticky grass was the worst. Was the only thing I really hated in Forza 5. If people wouldn't cut corners, be honest and raced fair they would've never put those tyre barriers. Actually I like those tyre barriers quite a lot, if you hit them you get penalized quite a lot. You sort of get buried there and lose a great deal of time.

Which is ideal IMO. Sticky grass was silly. This is legit. A proper penalty system would nicely round it off, particularly for MP.

Actually, "sticky grass" is very realistic when applied correctly.

If you understand the concept of a sand trap, it is to trap an out of control car. I am guessing some folks here have never been on a real race track and experienced the "joys" of a sand trap.

So using Bathurst as an example, if you make the sand traps on Conrod Straight real sand traps then there will be no value to trying to cut the entire chicane. The same is true for the top of the mountain.

As for tire walls just slowing you down, they should pretty much end your race day - that is what they do in reality.

If you understand the concept of a sand trap, it is to trap an out of control car. I am guessing some folks here have never been on a real race track and experienced the "joys" of a sand trap.
Experiencing them or not was not a problem, but the fact that you slow to a stop as soon as you get an inch in with just one wheel is.

As for tire walls just slowing you down, they should pretty much end your race day - that is what they do in reality.
With Sim damage, it will do more then just slow you down. Your car won't shut off, but you'll essentially end your race day, like you said.

That said, I'd be for it if it was implemented correctly like you mention. However, I'm not bothered that they removed it completely.

Experiencing them or not was not a problem, but the fact that you slow to a stop as soon as you get an inch in with just one wheel is.

With Sim damage, it will do more then just slow you down. Your car won't shut off, but you'll essentially end your race day, like you said.

That said, I'd be for it if it was implemented correctly like you mention. However, I'm not bothered that they removed it completely.

True - I was even thinking an option where single player has "sticky sand" a couple feet off the track and multiplayer just has great big race ending tire walls to stop the wreckers and reckless drivers.

I'm in two minds about the new barriers but overall, I like them.

Obviously Turn10 wanted a quick easy solution to corner cutting. I think its a bit visually jarring when I saw them at first... I said "that crap isnt there in real life".

But you begin to accept it.

I get a stomach clenching twinge at the at Turn 2 of Road Altanta where the SSS's start. I know there's going to be a section I have to be wary and drive carefully.

This is unlike F4 and F5 where you could bash straight thru it.

Plus side is when it catches the AI.

Minus is when the AI hits the wall and it collects you to. But that's more a warning to leave a safe distance from other drivers.

They need to remove the tire barriers at the Hammerhead corner and the cross corner at the Top Gear track. The real track never had that many tires for the corners.

I had not been to LeMans in a while - boy is the visual layout different with all the T1 Monza 0 tire walls. Really ruins it completely. Monza also looks vastly different now...

Back