Now WTF is this shaking?!!!!

Pink_the_Floyd

(Banned)
WTF is that shaking thing that all those cars are doing,man I'm getting stress of it,don't you?If that would be in GT4 that would be very stupid. :yuck:

Ok. There are little vibrations that can be felt through the steering wheel of a (normal) car and that get more intense as the speed rises. No doubt about that. It's just that "shaking" is not quite the term.

Pink,

I wonder what you are talking about.
Would you be more specific please. ;)

Also,
He (pink the floyd) may be talking about the beginings of races where cars actually do a lap around the track to get the tires warm swerving from side to side.
Then again, maybe he's not talking about that. :confused:

Oh well.

But still,
Pink,
The sooner you reply again and let everyone know what you are talking about more specifically you might want to prepare for some flaming...
Vague threads get plenty of fire around here. :lol:

I can vouch fthat a Citoren C3 and a Toyota Avensis don't "shake" at 100Mph. I don't know how much the wheel was vibrating since I wasn't driving, but the Avensis was as comfey at 100Mph as it was at 60Mph and the C3 felt like it was flying along but it was'nt shaking like a tin can.

GoKents
Pink,

He's talking about the vibrations that can be felt in some cars at high speeds in GT4P for sure. He would find something if he searched a bit instead of complaining about it... Like so.

GoKents
Pink,

Also,
He (pink the floyd) may be talking about the beginings of races where cars actually do a lap around the track to get the tires warm swerving from side to side.
Then again, maybe he's not talking about that. :confused:

Oh well.

But still,
Pink,
The sooner you reply again and let everyone know what you are talking about more specifically you might want to prepare for some flaming...
Vague threads get plenty of fire around here. :lol:

Ok,when I'm driving with the BMW Mclaren F1,it's starts to shake at high speed(at 230km/h it starts).And if you look at the AI cars ,then it's like they're having a cold or something.I first saw it with the yellow NSX.

Oddly, this seems to occur allot more in the PAL version of the game. That shaking would only occur when you are maxing out in Fujis straight in the fast high revving cars. It seems to start doing this at lower (Lower than in the Asian version) speeds on the Pal version. I dunno if it's something they changed in the car physics or something.

Shaking = vibration at 300kph due to speed and aerodynamics. I agree it can be annoying but it is short lived and only happens with a few cars, the McLaren F1 being one of them. If you were in a car with 900bhp doing 300kph I bet you'd be shaking too. We aren't talking riced on civics here.

Some people reckon its the car bottoming out at such high speeds due to the downforce generated...

C.

live4speed
I can vouch fthat a Citoren C3 and a Toyota Avensis don't "shake" at 100Mph. I don't know how much the wheel was vibrating since I wasn't driving, but the Avensis was as comfey at 100Mph as it was at 60Mph and the C3 felt like it was flying along but it was'nt shaking like a tin can.
Were they brand spankers? It can depend on the tires and whether your sterring is setup correct. I can vouch that my Astra shakes getting close to 100mph, but as it is due for 100,000 mile service I'm not surprised. When I get it serviced and I probably need to buy new tires then it won't shake getting to 100 mph. If you ran those cars for 100,000 miles and then drove them you might find they shake getting up to 100mph. Either that or let my wife drive them over some speed humps for a few 100 miles, that will knacker the suspension and then they will deffinatly shake!!!

When cars vibrate when going at over 100 mph is definitely a divine sacred signal coming directly from God... telling you to slow down, boy!

I guess there is some divine intervention in GT4P

Diego440
When cars vibrate when going at over 100 mph is definitely a divine sacred signal coming directly from God... telling you to slow down, boy!

I guess there is some divine intervention in GT4P

Who came out with that idea huh???

When a car shakes at speed, its most likely to be a wheel balancing issue. There is a common resonance at 65mph, when most cars with unbalanced wheels will shake like buggery. The resonance goes out of phase at about 70. ;)

Now, this has no application when talking about GT4:P, since it's hardly got wheel balance issues. The problem is most certainly the car bottoming out from the downforce. The only problem is we can't change the setups in prologue... so this won't be an issue in GT4 proper. It just shows that GT4:P was a little rushed is all.

Fast cars don't shake at 300kmh in reality, there would be a hell of a lot more crashes at Le Mans if they did!

Back