NTSC Championship Series - Season 3 - Sign Up Here

• Thread starter Earth
  • 52 comments

When do you want the New Sason to Start?

• Total voters
GTP_Royalton
Thread goes up early because I want to give people as much time as possible to see it and sign up.

OrangeR Cup Entries

orangerseason3enter5.jpg

Clubman Cup Entries

clubs3rfinalenterlistatall00000.jpg

Sports Car Cup Entries

• open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open

5. Signups

5-A - To sign up, fill out the following and post it in any NTSC Championship thread

PSN nick used for GT5P
Team (if any/with permission if joining existing team)

5-B - Please note that the signup is for the entire 8 week season or what's left of it depending on when you join. 100% attendance is not expected.

5-C - Please note that the NTSC Championship runs all it's races Tuesday Nights, between 9 - 11pm eastern standard time. Please take this into account before signing up.

RULE CHANGE VOTE COUNT

1. Rounds with four 5 lap races will be increased to five 5 lap races, with the fifth race being a wild car race with everyone starting at the same pp. For rounds with 10 lap races, there will be an added 3rd race with the 3rd race being a wild card race with everyone starting at the same pp.

6 - Yes
2 - No

75% in favor of yes

2. Consolation points for a round that a driver is unable to attend. He can only do this once.

6 - Yes
2 - No

75% in favor of Yes

3. Some teams have 3 drivers, while others have only 2. To make team points fair, only the top 2 finishing drivers for each team will be scored.

7 - Yes
1 - No

87.5% in favor of yes

4. In the case of a split race, if just 2 drivers are split up in one race, while the other "main" race has 3 or more drivers, the race with just the 2 drivers will only be worth half points and the winning driver of the two car race will not receive a win. If each split race has 3 or more drivers, points and wins are handed out normally.

7 - Yes
1 - No

87.5% in favor of yes

5. Currently, 3 drivers move up/down a series after each season. Increase this number to 4?

6 - Yes
2 - No

75% in favor of yes

By The Numbers (Weekly break down of stats)
Power Rankings (Weekly Power Rankings for OrangeR&Clubman/also who's hot, who's not)
NTSC Championship Rewind (Review of Previous Round/OrangeR & Clubman)
Feud of the Week

Weekly Article (If you want to write about something on a weekly basis that is not here, let me know)
- Open

OrangeR Cup

The OrangeR Cup is the NTSC Championship Series' highest level of competition. The First race was May 20th, 2008 at Suzuka in a Renault Clio V6 Tuned and was won by
CanadaSmall.jpg
GTP_Ravenmaven. At first the series was called "Group A", then it was called the "Cup Series", then finally it was permanently named after Season 1 Driving Champion,
mexicoflag.jpg
OrangeR. The first season was 39 races long.

Clubman Cup

The NTSC Championship's 2nd Tier Series. The First race was May 20th, 2008 at Suzuka in a Renault Clio V6 Tuned and was won by
USsmall.jpg
GTP_CudaDude.

At first the series was called "Group B", then it was called the "Nationwide Series", then finally it was permanently named the Clubman Cup after the popular Gran Turismo racing Championship. Like the OrangeR Cup, the first season was 39 races long due to relatively short races.

Sports Car Cup

The NTSC Championship's 3rd Tier Series. This is where drivers are suppose to get their start. The first race was June 3rd, 2008 at High Speed Ring in a Audi R8 and was won by
CanadaSmall.jpg
GTP_KARTRACER.

Since Season 1 the Sports Car Cup has remained relatively quiet due to attendance issues that have plagued the NTSC Championship Series.

Last edited:
I'm in.

GTP_L_Hamilton

Umm. Is the the name "Orange R" going to stay? Or is it going to be EL_ZISSOU Cup. :lol:

And, are all those people going to be in one series? Because it would be quite a task to enter 14 cars in 1 race every time and not expect a couple of drivers that don't join with the rest.

Orange R
EL_ZISSOU
GTP_CudaDude
GTP_CarlPKY
GTP_timeattack
GTP_Earth
GTP_mkay
GTP_CWR
GTP_LinPark

Clubman Cup
GTP_KumaBar
GTP_TwistyBits
snakegt40
GTP_MajorMilou
GTP_CANES51
GTP_L_Hamilton

Last edited:
L_Hamilton
I'm in.

GTP_L_Hamilton

Umm. Is the the name "Orange R" going to stay? Or is it going to be EL_ZISSOU Cup. :lol:

The name OrangeR Cup is permanent. They don't change the name of the Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy (Winning Coach of the First NFL Championship).

L_Hamilton
And, are all those people going to be in one series? Because it would be quite a task to enter 14 cars in 1 race every time and not expect a couple of drivers that don't join with the rest.

OrangeR Cup
EL_ZISSOU
GTP_CudaDude
GTP_CarlPKY
GTP_timeattack
GTP_Earth
GTP_mkay
GTP_CWR
GTP_LinPark

Clubman Cup
GTP_KumaBar
GTP_TwistyBits
snakegt40
GTP_MajorMilou
GTP_CANES51
GTP_L_Hamilton

There's three things.

One, I don't expect 14 drivers to make the race every week, I expect 2 or 3 or even more to miss every week, so it shouldn't be 14 drivers trying to get in every race every round, except maybe for the first Round.

Two, this will ensure full grids/large fields every race every round. Only 8 signed up for OrangeR and the racing got really bad at times, with only 3 or 4 drivers showing up. I want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Three, yes, this may increase the risk of split races, but the reward of consistent large fields outweighs the risk of some races being split up.

Last edited:
looks like chad got his connection issues sorted out so i'll be doing this whole season. Orange Cup?

looks like chad got his connection issues sorted out so i'll be doing this whole season. Orange Cup?

Unfortunately OrangeR is overloaded, so if you join it will be Clubman Cup

With 14 now in OrangeR, the series will drop the 5 lowest in points at the end of the season instead of the normal 3.

Earth, let DK in if one of these guys doesn't submit before the final week. It make no sense to put one guy in Clubman, if there is only one guy. I know that some of these drivers will not submit for a 3rd season. Lets us go on that gut feeling and just let him in.

DK, you must run in each week! I didn't asked Earth to put you in for nothing. If you don't race each week then I won't help you again.

In for the third season, hopefully I won't pull a 2007 Jeff Gordon season again, hot first part, not the next.

Last edited:
I'm definitely IN for more next season 👍

*sticks his nose where it doesn't belong, and seconds Chad's motion for DK to be included in Orange R next season*

*cpp braces himself for the impact of the Orange R Race Director's "Chuck Norris/Kung-Fu Pimp Hand TM" for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong :nervous: *

Well DK, your friends did you a big favor. You really did nothing that should make me crowd up OrangeR more then it already is, but the drivers want you in, so your in.

The repercussion of this is that the OrangeR races will probably now start 30 minutes later to try and make sure there is no outsiders.

Hopefully we get new signups. I know of 4 drivers who have shown interest who are not part of the series. Maybe they will sign up.

The poll ends June 3

EDIT: Remember Teams if you aren't currently on one

Last edited:

This from the same guy who skipped weeks 5, 6, 7, and 8???? :sly:

When the season started the races were on Saturday night which didn't work well for me and I also had to take a week off during the season to regain my sanity.

I'm definitely in for next Season and will defer to the powers that be as to where to put me. I'd do something like this in the interest of keeping things competitive (as well as give someone else besides EL_ZISSOU and Earth a chance at winning a Cup :) ):

OrangeR
EL_ZISSOU (defending champ)
Earth (defending Clubman champ)
Cuda
Carl
Timeattack
L_Hamilton
CANES
mkay
MajorMilou
CWR
TwistyBits
snake
DK (wildcard)

Clubman
LinPark
KumaBar
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

I broke this out based on who competed in over half the races this season versus who didn't (DK would've been there most every week if he could've matched with Chad so I threw him into OrangeR). I know you say attendance isn't mandatory but if you sign-up and can't make at least half the races then I think that's a problem (just my opinion but I'm sure some others would agree with me).

I think I can talk some other people into joining for Clubman and getting hopefully 6 drivers minimum each week. After this season you move the low 5 out of OrangeR and into Clubman and the top 4 out of Clubman and into OrangeR.

If we don't get a high PP event in Pro this next update, I seriously think we should consider doing some Int level events to mix things up.

In closing I'll just say count me in!!! Great work Earth and looking forward to this season whatever happens.

Well, I have to step up and make some tough decisons

I moved snake down to Clubman Cup. I think he is struggling right now with pace and another season in Clubman might do him good. I hope you understand snake

I moved KumaBar down to Clubman. He has been having connection issues and only competed in a few OrangeR races because of that.

That makes it just 13 drivers in OrangeR if the remaining drivers confirm their participation.

I will do everything I can to get more drivers in Clubman. I will go on the recruiting trail for the next week or two to see who I can get signed up for the series.

As for standard events yes, that's a good idea. But the roadblocks are extremely short races, and physics, at least to me, that seem inferior to Need For Speed. We'll see what comes through the pipe.

Well DK, your friends did you a big favor. You really did nothing that should make me crowd up OrangeR more then it already is, but the drivers want you in, so your in.

EDIT: Remember Teams if you aren't currently on one

Thank You kind Sir.

Teams eh........ *ponders*

I will honor my promotion into OrangeR Cup, and participate this coming season!

Scuderia M&Ms will continue for this season (pending confirmation by the co-founder :) )

Earth, I respectfully take my spot on the grid of the Clubman divison of the NTSC for next season . It's with much honor and respect that I continue onward . 👍

CONGRAGULTIONS
:gtpflag: EARTH:EL_ZISSOU :gtpflag:

Earth, I respectfully take my spot on the grid of the Clubman divison of the NTSC for next season . It's with much honor and respect that I continue onward . 👍

CONGRAGULTIONS
:gtpflag: EARTH:EL_ZISSOU :gtpflag:

Hey, glad you understand. I'll be sure to find more drivers to race in Clubman

--------------

There are two writing jobs open, check first post.

More may open later

I'm in :)

GTP_timeattack
BBR Racing

Also, I have a suggestion 👍 It might make the point races more competitive if drivers were allowed to throw away one (or more) races from the seasons points 💡 For some us, working around the fixed sceduling can be impossible at times. In the last season it was evident that missing just one race would put you out of title contention with a dominant and consistant Zissou.

I also thought that it might be better to make the seasons a bit longer. Doing at least 12 to 16 rounds would give each season more value. The last season seemed to be over in the blink of an eye :scared: Flame suit on :lol:

timeattack07gt
I'm in :)

GTP_timeattack
BBR Racing

Also, I have a suggestion 👍 It might make the point races more competitive if drivers were allowed to throw away one (or more) races from the seasons points 💡 For some us, working around the fixed sceduling can be impossible at times. In the last season it was evident that missing just one race would put you out of title contention with a dominant and consistant Zissou.

The problem I have with throwing away a set number of your worst races is that it may hurt consistent drivers. I think letting a driver choose up to 4 races (just 2 if 10laps 2x points) that he missed (not disconnected or unable to join etc) as in unable to make the race time entirely, to receive consolation points would help the situation, but would not hurt those who show up and turn in podium positions every race.

timeattack07gt
I also thought that it might be better to make the seasons a bit longer. Doing at least 12 to 16 rounds would give each season more value. The last season seemed to be over in the blink of an eye :scared: Flame suit on :lol:

Personally I have always favored shorter seasons, even in the GT4 Long Race series days. There is several reasons for just 8 Rounds/weeks. First, asking someone to show up at a fixed time for 8 straight weeks is asking alot. I don't know if I can ask them to show up at a fixed time for 3 or 4 straight months. Also, the guys in Clubman Cup want their shot in OrangeR, and I don't think they want to wait 3-4 months to get their shot.

Also, you can run into the situation that OrangeR ran into this season, where only a few drivers were showing up each race. With a shorter season the fields can be reset quicker and the drivers who've proven they can make the races will end up racing each other, increasing the experience. Even when GT5 is released and each Round is just one 60 or 120 minute race I don't think the season will be longer then 10 rounds.

But there are ways to add more races with just 8 rounds.

Instead of just 2 10lap races per round, I can increase it to 3.

Instead of just 4 5 lap races per round, I can increase it to 5, with the 5th race being a wildcard race where there are no rows and everyone starts at the same pp.

Flame suit? hehe, you have had excellent ideas for the series, including the end of random starts and race times being sent by pm. Please, you and anyone else keep the suggestions coming.

Windfire, Just put your name down, stating you agree to compete. We will do the rest.

The drama, the glory, eff it I'm in! I won't be the fastest so enjoy some easy fodder.

PSN: GTP_CerealKiller
Team: no team

I am a bit late, am I?

I guess I'm in. Team M&M, although I am wondering if there will be enough spots in the Orange R Cup?!

NEWS FLASH for GTP_CWR

Written by AP
The race car driver Chadwicksracing has lost his ride. The Playstation 3, which is the engine for his racing has died. GTP_CWR has called his Sony represenative to get a replacement engine. This comes at a very fortunate time, when the NTSC series is in its off season. CWR said "Its not good that I lost my engine in the off season, because there is a lot of testing and practice that my team will not be able to get. But we are confident that we can transition into the new season and race competitively." There is some light that comes with this bad news. CWR says "...at least this didn't happen in mid-season" Which this would be devastating to CWR's points race. CWR expects to see his new engine sometime before week 1 of season 3. Everybody wish him luck.

Chad

I'm also in by the way...

GTP_Kumabar
No team

I just saw CWR problems... hope you can have the engine back at the start of the season man!

Back