NTSC Hybrid codes

• Thread starter DavidDK
  • 19 comments
Oh... Sorry bout that... so, my problem here is that the Phaste GT4 memory Changing Method is not working on my game, while the Xploder codes are... and I have the game's NTSC version, so I can't do things like change the car's grip tires, chassis, etc...
Im getting sick of it... so, all help would be appreciated! =] (Note: My English REALLY sucks...)

It's ok, everyone forgets things like that from time to time.

Anyway, I can't help you in this case :P

I never got into GT4 hybridding, sorry.

Can anyone help me with changing my car's tires using Xploder? That's what I MOST need right now... you know, too powerfull engines swaped into too old cars...

I am looking for Codebreaker Codes for hybriding. I seems that nobody cares that there are some people that have no time for their own research.

I am looking for Codebreaker Codes for hybriding. I seems that nobody cares that there are some people that have no time for their own research.

same here, man. i'd look, but since i'm in my 4th week of school, things have gotten hellish for me(mom took my PS2 away again), so looking over the web for hybrid codes is really 🤬 hard. if i had hybrid codes for CodeBreaker, right now i'd be drifting with an 80 horsepower benz patent motor wagen.(or a 299hp 4wd PRIUS G Touring Selection... yes, rally prius.)

Ok... I discovered those Tire and chassis codes myself, BUT! When I Hybrid the car, it gets messed up! for example... when I Hybrid the Sprinter Trueno with the Caterham's Chassis, the car's Chassis gets a lot more efficient BUT the Tires go where the Caterham's tires are supposed to be! And the worst... the car becomes unplayable!
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this?

i have a similar problem: i put the tires from the Range Stormer, and the tires grip at the car's body. i can haz halp plz?(sorry for speaking lolcat)

hmm, what do you mean? Are you saying that the tires are touching the body of your car? Just raise the suspension a little and everything's fine :)
By the way, did you get my savefile working?

Look at all of you, talking about codes and cheats for a game. *sigh* I was right, everyone HAS turned to the dark side of the gaming force...

Look at all of you, talking about codes and cheats for a game. *sigh* I was right, everyone HAS turned to the dark side of the gaming force...

Sup Grave Digger?
gd.jpg

LOL. you got caught.

next time, check the posted dated on the threads before replying. it's called gravedigging a thread, or zombie threads in some places, and is a general netiquette no-no. the last posted original date on this was October of 08.

and a little FYI: not everyone has the skill to complete a game the hard way, or the youth. older gamers that grew up on simpler systems learned to think with their HANDS to finish a game.

Judgemental, aren't we?

So...you don't want to squeeze every last ounce of everything out of a game you payed good money for? How else are you going to see things the developers made but didn't implement?

Then there's the time investment. I'm not going to do the same series of races a dozen times, eating up hours of valuable time, just to get enough money to buy and mod one car when I know from VAST previous experience that I can win those races easily. If you're just after the money so you can enjoy the game more deeply after you've already won all the races or proven your ability to, then why not? To uphold some moral high ground so you put yourself above someone else in your own head?

Ok, I'll stop before I say something really bad.

All I'm saying is that be careful about the codes you use. Because after all, not a lot of people can handle the powers of Gameshark, Codebreaker, and Action Replay without abusing that power!

Well, if that's what you're saying, then say it. What you said earlier was pretty much a blanket statement of "Codes = bad!", which is, in the best case, ignorant.

Anyway, sorry about that. It aggravates me when people say things like that. With a game as deep as any in the GT series, there is always much more you can do with codes than cheat :/

LOL. you got caught.

next time, check the posted dated on the threads before replying. it's called gravedigging a thread, or zombie threads in some places, and is a general netiquette no-no. the last posted original date on this was October of 08.

and a little FYI: not everyone has the skill to complete a game the hard way, or the youth. older gamers that grew up on simpler systems learned to think with their HANDS to finish a game.

[RANT]
Gravedigging, lol... 1st off if the thread was that non-consequential it should have been deleted. So getting on someones case for replying, no matter how pointless the post was, is pretty pointless as well, and puts you in the same boat (and me included for the beginning of this reply)

2nd some of us have beat the game the right way (the hard way as you put it) and are looking for new challenges, one being exploiting the game's code to make the game do, what it was never designed to do. Some of us REAL Gamers did these same things even on older and simpler systems to attain unique gameplay scenarios. -ever copy the Atari 2600's 2 ROM chips from a game onto EEPROMS, figure out what the code meant and then modified code to attain special gameplay situations?? or Hex-Edit Apple ][ games to change the game??

Some of us have too much ability to think outside the box, it's just much easier nowadays to make the modifications. It's not always about cheating.

Hybriding is fun, yeah you can throw a Speed 12 engine in a Motor Carriage, with a 7spd trans, and sure that is interesting, but is better to be more realistic. As Example, upgrading a 302 to a 440 engine which is completely doable in real life, or an improved a trans. a stronger shocks and spring for a truck. But in the game anything is possible. What else is there to do, in order to keep the game fresh other than changing the game.
[/RANT]

---Now back onto topic---
If you have a similar problems as:

...When I Hybrid the car, it gets messed up! for example...
...when I Hybrid the Sprinter Trueno with the Caterham's Chassis, the car's Chassis gets a lot more efficient BUT the Tires go where the Caterham's tires are supposed to be! And the worst... the car becomes unplayable!

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this?

There are two fixes I can think of:
1st - Make sure the two chassis have similar wheelbases, and car width in some cases; or else the tires will keep rubbing the body and you will have horrible performance.
2nd - raising the Ride Height can fix this, but sometimes you won't be able to raise it enough to stop the rubbing.

i have a similar problem: i put the tires from the Range Stormer, and the tires grip at the car's body. i can haz halp plz?(sorry for speaking lolcat)

USE SMALLER TIRES, or a car with bigger wheel wells

Last edited:
Back