NTSC PS2 + GT4P(PAL) + ARMAX Evo(US) = WORKS!!

RocketPunch1221
RRoD? no thanks.
I've posted this question on one of the topic before but no one seem to know if it will work; so I try it myself. Now I am playing GT4P(PAL) on my NTSC (USA) PS2 and using an US version ARMAX EVO with PAL Codes to unlock the Hong Kong Track.

I am so happy! :) :) :) :)

usernamed
I'm guessing you have a swap disk / chip to play PAL games? Or is it possible to play imports with AR?

My NTSC PS2 has no internal mod in it. Before Action Replay, I use the SwapMagic to play Import games and it works find. However, with the AR Max EVO you will not need the SwapMagic to play import games anymore. Playing GT4P PAL version with a NTSC PS2 on a NTSC TV is made possible due to the fact that there is a code to display the PAL game at 60Hz (NTSC TV). With this code, I can play the game with no problem except that the proportion is a little off. However that will not affect game play at all.

Wow! That's really impressive, so it means the AR MAX EVO works similar to the Gamecube's Freeloader.

It's going to be handy for the NTSC regions that unfortunately didn't get Prologue and wouldn't mind playing it. If you can import it & AR Max EVO I'd have to say it's worth every cent especially given the extra cars & tracks that are now unlockable (and the EVO comes with a Max Drive as well, I think?).

EDIT:
That probably means you could do the same with the PAL version of Concept.

Cheers 👍

Would Action Replay MAX work with imports? I live in the United States, have an NTSC PS2 (obviously) and really want to import the Prologue Edition. Would the Japanese / Chinese version atleast work with just MAX, not MAX EVO?

CyberCT
Oh, and where do you get a NTSC AR Max Evo? All I could find were the PAL ones.

If that doesn't work, does Gameshark play imports?

Follow the link below for AR MAX EVO (US):
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294

I was using the swap magic system before I got AR Mav EVO to load my imported GT4P, but now I can just load that up with AR MAX; not to mention using the codes to unlock other circuits and cars. I think AR MAX and AR MAX EVO is essentially the same except for the USB thumb drive provided with the EVO version.

BTW, some versions of the game have a minor bug in them, try to search the forums for the best version.

The chinese version is the cheapest by far. I don't care that the PAL version has the BMW, but the PAL version has English menues and text right? Are the menues and text in the chinese version impossible to read (no english whatsoever)?

As for the AR MAX EVO being able to play homebrew stuff, I'll no doubt get it.

CyberCT
The chinese version is the cheapest by far. I don't care that the PAL version has the BMW, but the PAL version has English menues and text right? Are the menues and text in the chinese version impossible to read (no english whatsoever)?

As for the AR MAX EVO being able to play homebrew stuff, I'll no doubt get it.

The the menus are NOT in english for the "chinese" version of GT4:P, but I am sure there are translation of those menus on this very forum. However I higly recommand the PAL version as you get the M5 and potentially more circuits like HK.

Can you post the code that makes your GT4P work? I only need the M, 60hz, y-fix if possible. I have a modded Japanese NTSC PS2 and a PAL GT4P so I need to turn the game to NTSC here in Cali. I tried codejunkies's uk code and they don't work.

allaw
Can you post the code that makes your GT4P work? I only need the M, 60hz, y-fix if possible. I have a modded Japanese NTSC PS2 and a PAL GT4P so I need to turn the game to NTSC here in Cali. I tried codejunkies's uk code and they don't work.

(M)
T32G-6J5V-G813C
2X43-XBVC-VPZ3U
XHNG-EE9K-26NB6
K6V5-FFMP-QJZ58
M9H6-Z2G0-1DFUH

60 Hertz Mode
TEQ4-N10F-WCWQU
5KQK-110N-CJGAA

Y-Fix
8A36-YKX4-ETC23
EFXN-AM31-HMCTV
7NK6-D7AT-REY7J
FB7D-JQGN-U0HVV
VDUK-WA57-774J5

Or the whole list from
http://uk.codejunkies.com/codes_show.asp?rf=1&c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=£&r=1&l=1&g=13632994&p=13

Not sure if this needs it own topic but anyone with an AIW card for the PC can play the PAL version of GT4 P. I realize it's not the same as sitting in front of a huge tv but the comp desk makes a nice mount for the DFP and the monitor being so close makes it very playable.

Just start your tv on the pc and right click it to go to setup.
Click on the video tab and go down to broadcast standard.
Change it to PAL and off you go.

I just picked up a copy of Prologue PAL and I'm on an NTSC US PS2, but for some reason neither the ARMAX or the PS2 is recognizing the game disc as well...a game disc. If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Anyone?
Essentially whenever I put the Prologue disc in my PS2 it gives me that demonic looking "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc." Which, as far as I can tell of the disc, its not scratched, and its in plenty good condition, is there something I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Jonathan

Latest Posts

Back