Nurburgking!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 9 comments
  • 687 views

Made for the Nur...

  • Spyker C8 Laviolette (Try it!)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyline V-Spec II Nur

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merc-Benz 190 E Evo Road car

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW M3 GTR/ CSL

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • TVR Cerbera Speed Six

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tommykaira ZZ-II

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera S2000 (Try it!)

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Ruf RGT (or Porsche 911 GT3)

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Aston Martin DB9

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazda RX-7 Bathurst R

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan 350Z GT4 Ed./35th Anniversary

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda NSX-R Concept

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lotus Esprit 350 Sport

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW M5

    Votes: 3 33.3%

  • Total voters
    9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3,401
United States
Pennsylvania
Messages
Darkdeeds427
I searched and found nothing...

Out of the above listed vehicles, what is it that feels that it were made specifically for this wonderful track? I know that in real life that a certain manufacturer chiefly tests their cars here--*cough* Think Bavarian *cough*--but this is for what feels best in-game.

Representing our chaps on the brighter side of the Atlantic, we have the extremely capable TVR Cerbera, Lotus 350 Sport, and the Aston Martin DB9. To the Fatherland, we have the Merc-Benz 190 E, Ruf RGT (or GT3, whichever you prefer), the M5, and the favoured M3 variants. To the east, a Skyline, the 350Z, the ZZ-II, the NSX-R, one very well tuned S2000, and the RX-7 Bathurst R. In its own corner is the suprisingly potent Spyker...


Quite a fight to behold, indeed. As aforementioned, what car is it that feels like it was just molded to fit this track?
 
Put N3 tyres on a stock BMW M3 GTR and you have your answer...Maybe not the fastest car around the ring, but certainly the one that feels like it was made for that run!
 
I voted for the BMW M3. Considering BMW tests their M3 GTR at the ring. :)
 
Why isn't the Avantime in your poll? :P
 
I would've voted for the Wedssport Celica. That car can handle that track ma rvelously.
 
A lot of car manufacturers do test their cars on the Nurburgring by the way.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
Yeah...the Porsche Carrera GT, ZO6 and all that, but Bimmer practically owns the place.
 
Instead of a poll, i think you should ask peopel their fav car for the 'ring.
 
I love the enthusiasm but I can never stand it when a list is posted in a poll. :indiff:

The M3 GTR and M3 CSL are quite different in my eyes, I would think mashing them into one pick is a crime against one or the other (crime against my pretty little CSL if you ask me). :p

Also, with a list like that you run into problems like the Opera S2000. :ouch:
How can we acknowledge it and at the same time turn a blind eye to the Amuse S2000 R1?

There is also the RUF thing... The RGT is not turbo charged and can't be turbo charged in the game. :(
That makes it a poor replacement for the GT3 IMO.
The BTR would be a better choice in my opinion. :sly:

Finally, the one car I think is a real Ring competitor that has been left out...
Corvette Z06 (C5)

I just ran a stock Z06 without oil change on N2s and came up with a 7'53.??? lap. That definately makes it a competitor left off this list.

Sadly the real final words of my reply are...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71792
The subjects are just too similar for a new thread to come up.
Thread closed. :(
(and I may meet you in the above linked thread just so I can talk about my Z06 even more) :p

Hope to see you all in there. :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back