Nurburgring 24 hour report - Gillet Vertigo

• Thread starter Ryk
  • 16 comments

Ryk

England
Lancashire
Ryk_BRM
Deafening - Painstaking - Reckoning

Today was the day to start this event. No more testing.

Nurburgring 24 hours

Got my weapon of choice. The Gillet Vertigo.

Set up was the Gamer Alexander 6m10s set up.
I

Race is all wet and damp. Which is a stern test as the Vertigo is a nightmare in the wet, And that was optimal Uber-Gripenmeister® tyres. That said you race when you race... A Belgian car based on an English design from the 1950's the car should understand wet roads.

Grid.

R. Kuusisto --- Citröen GT
T. Anttila ---- Audi R8 LMS
C. Fontana ---- Pagani Zonda LM
B. Monroe ----- Ford GT LM
F. Caceras ---- Lister Storm V12 LM
O. Combs ------ McLaren F1 GTR LM
P. Georges ---- Audi R8 LMS (Playstation)
E. Huber ------ Blitz ER34 Dunlop Skyline
D. Otto ------- Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
T. Silvestri -- Audi R10 TDi
F. Wynn ------- Peugeot 905

I manually selected Rain tyres for the rolling start.

What would happen. Well the rooster tails and spray was bad, but the Vertigo was monstering my cold wet tyres... wheelspinning under me as I tried to get some speed... had to ease off and go up a few cogs to get the power to the track rather than just spinning the tyres. I prefer the inside (Pit lane side) when passing here, and I went off line so that I had some forward vision up front... great call as the rest just pootled into turn 1... I gained several places. Slipped into 2nd place and then kept my speed to get inside the red Citröen GT of Kuusisto at the second, ultra tight, part of the Castrol S.

Getting the power down was the problem... I had loads of power. but it was all too easy to waste it... First lap I probably hurt my tyres more than I realised. But I scampered away none the less as I began to learn how best to drive in the wet.

Firstly low revs are a must... The car will lose traction at the back like a teenage girl will lose concentration when looking at a pony. "Oh pretty hooves!" You can manage it, but there were several ways to do this...
Moderate the throttle - you don't have to floor it out of corners, bring the power in softly and smoothly - This is very hard when the engine wants you to give it the beans. You also need ot make sure the car is as straight as possible, flooring it while you are still turning is often enoguh to make the difference between the power being used for acceleration or it breaking traction and causing a fishtail . It you can limit the tyre loading laterally (Turns) then you have more grip available to get the power dowm.. if you are still turning you need to be even more gentle. Certain parts of the track demand more care than others...

Any slow corner will force you to step back and feed the power in carefully.

The GP track is tough the corners seem longer and tighter and for some reason mure bumpy - Schumacher S and Hatzenbach Boden aside every corner is a trial of "hurry up and wait" if you rush to get the power down you will create more problems Either understeer wide mid corner, or oversteer on the corner exit into a fishtail skid.

Some of the faster corners need moderation too. Mutt kurve and Klostertal are both fast corners that create problems.. Mutt kurve is odd as often a problem will come up after the apex... several hundred yards later the front end will sort of grab amd you will oversteer to the left... Be smooth on the steering here.
Klostertal is just a tough thread a needle corner. Nice place to make a second or too if you are commited nice place to end up eating Armco if you high the curb on the right... or miss the apex on the right by too much and run wide on the left on the exit.

From Karussell onwards it is fast but fair, no stand out bogey corners until you get to Pflantzgarten where the usual very fast flat out double apex bends and jumps become more of a test, but a good balance and good positioning makes it enjoyable.

Swallowtail is tricky due to the concrete - The last part is great to get the engine to the top rev band. The woe only resurfaces on the final corner as the car will again wag its tail as you try to get the power down for the pit straight.

For most of the lap I was in 4th gear... Dropping down a gear to help slow the car down, but upshifting on corner exit to keep the revs low (well under 5,000)

Flugplatz / Schwedenkruez / Aremburg is comitment... careful into Flugplatz over the jump... means you can then give it the beans all the way to Swedish cross, put out the anchors and then hug the lefthander at 130mph or so... and brake early for Aremburg... may cost a second or so.... but a trip to the gravel will add much more - then you have to get the car going... Did I mention the car isn't happy getting moving from low speeds?

Notes
Lap7
Fontana (Zonda) pitted dropped from 3rd to 6th place(SIL/MON/WYN all passed in pits)
My tyres were down to about 50% - Even more wheelspin issues.

Lap 8
Combs(McLaren F1GTR) Pits
Monroe(Ford GTLM)Pits
Silvestri (Audi R10TDi) Pits
Wynn (Peugeot 905) Pits
- Fontana reclaims 3rd place)

Lap 9
Ryk Pits (Gillet Vertigo) (92 Litres suggested - 93 demanded - Put on fresh WET tyres)
I'd say a Pits stop adds 1m15 to the out lap's first sector time - A Pit stop may add more time to the inslaps final sector time - but didn't note down previous laps
Lapped 12th (E. Huber - Blitz ER34 Dunlop Skyline) and 11th place (F. Caceres - Lister Storm)

Lap 10 Lapped 10th place (D. Otto - Corvette C5-R)
---
Times
Lap - LapTime - -(Delta) - 2nd--3rd--4th--5th--6th--7th--8th
001 - 10m00.6 - (042.3s) - KUU--FON--ANT--COM--MON--GEO--WYN
002 - 09m51.2 - (064.7s) - FON--COM--KUU--ANT--MON--WYN--SIL
003 - 09m49.6 - (091.5s) - FON--COM--KUU--MON--ANT--SIL--WYN
004 - 09m59.0 - (112.7s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--KUU--WYN--GEO
005 - 09m51.9 - (137.5s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--KUU--ANT
006 - 09m54.5 - (164.5s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--KUU--GEO
007 - 10m01.2 - (191.0s) - COM--SIL--MON--FON--WYN--KUU--GEO
008 - 10m14.5 - (186.3s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
009 - 11m00.2 - (212.5s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
010 - 09m38.0 - (244.3s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
011 - 09m48.7 - (271.5s) - ----------
012 - 09m50.9 - (300.0s)------------
013 - 09m51.5 - (328.0s)--------------
014 - 09m56.4 - (360.0s) - COM--SIL--FON--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
015 - 10m07.3 - (437.0s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--ANT
016 - 10m08.5 - (???.?s) -

Suspended the race.

Lap 16 the tyres were under 50% tread depth left, but the grip level was greatly reduced.
I noted down a few splits on Lap 12 which I felt was a fairly normal lap - maybe slower than usual due to the repeated pausing to write the split time down.

0m24.2 (Overpass)
0m57.5 (Dunlop)
1m32.3 (Hatzenbach Boden)
1m57.4 (Nordschliefe Gate)
2m50.0 (Quiddelbacher Hohe)
3m26.3 (Aremburg Bridge)
3m57.0 (Adenauer Forst)
4m56.0 (Wehrseifen)
5m38.0 (Bergwerk)
6m05.0 (Mutkurve)
7m04.0 (Hedwig's Höhe)
7m45.0 (Brunchen/Eiskurve)
8m20.0 (Pflanztgarten II)
9m06.0 (Döttinger Höhe)
9m25.5 (Antoniusbuche)
9m50.9 (Start/Finish)

Not the fastest lap but round about numbers for a clean safe lap in a Vertigo in the wet if you're called Troy Queef. (Maybe not; the Vertigo does have an engine larger than 1.6 litres)

My later laps (15 and 16) I took splits at Aremburg (3m31 and 3m30) and at Hedwig's höhe (7m13 and 7m12) which are both off the pace... but seemed to demonstrate the grip level steps down to a level rather than just falling off into the abyss.

I was running 8 lap stints... Tyres may well be able to go for more, I was losing time because of them on the 6th/7th and 8th laps. Each 8 lap stint in the wet takes about 1hour 20 minutes.

Lapping cars is tricky the spray impedes your forward view... and it is hard to know just where on the track they may be if you plan a banzai pass on a fast bit of track... A Dive up the inside may work.. I pulled a sweet move on Monroe's Ford GT - only to see him out gun me up the hill out of Ex Muhle as my car - forced into a tight line couldn't get the power down - Monroe then ran off track after Berwerk before Kesselchen... letting me through. Very sporting of him to mow the grass... not quite the weather for it though.

Crashes -
This stint. Nothing. I ran on the grass twice, both times a wheel on the outside at Wehrsiefen bridge... lo speed stuff - maybe kicked up some mud. I also clipped the Nordschleife pit wall - that was a light glancing blow that was not due to being out of control or wheel spin, just a pause/resume... (Oh did I not pause it to avoid the end of the pit wall...) I would probably have just got away with the impact. It was low speed, at a very shallow angle... Then again maybe the car would have exploded into a blizzard of carbon fibre shards! The only other mistake I could class as bad was I buzzed the rev limiter into Teirgarten - downchanged from 6th to 4th (I only wanted 5th) - Could have lunched the engine.

Considering how much driving I've had to do, I'm very happy that I've had no spins, impacts, off track rambles. I've had alot of moments... Hell, this car is trying its best to get away from me, but after nearly 3 hours Nothing I would class as a terrible mistake.

Last edited:
Stint 2

Read on the forum that their would be an update on the 12th... So I either wait until the update and restart my Enduro.
Or Go at whatever pace I can and hope th eupdate dones' tmess things up

Or spend alot of brownie points to sit on the PS3 and finish this race before the 12th!

First issue was starting it up how I lef tit... 100% wet... I reset the game 3 times before the 4th time came up with another dry race. Faff it... I'll start it anyhow. So what if I get a huge advantage or whatever problem there is with restarting a race on the wrong weather... I'd wated 15 minutes quiting and restarting GT5

Game loaded up... and I was thinking of ways I could slow myself down and let the hamstrung AI cars catch back up.

But the pitlane was drenched as the camera resumed... 100% wet also. Excellent. Fresh set of groovey race tyres and a full tank of motion Lotion.

Took to the track and had a 905 right on my tail. Wynn who was runnign quite well... The Pug however didn't drop away. I was driving on edge, grumpy as to the wet race restart polava, and then I was getting peek-a-boo'd by a French LMP car! I settled down and began to drive, but still the 905 was bothering me. How could he keep my pace.

Another worrry was the lead delta was eroding pretty fast. I pushed hard, no critical mistakes, a few wheel on mud exits... but no impacts or cutting, just pushing too hard and losing time. I was stunend by my pace, and how the other cars were reeling me in. The Pug didn't have it to get past me for long. I retook any pass into the next corner - they still pussy foot into slower corners. Letting me slide up the inside. The car was on edge, Many times I would arrive in a corner crossed up in a slide - Well the car's Initials are GV - And Associated with Belgium... Thinking of Gilles Villenueve and that terrible crash at Zolder somehow brought the best out of my hard charging driving. the Peugeot was messing about but I was pusing hard - and keeping it neat and tidy (Jarama or Monaco 1981 style) My lead was dropping badly though... Compounded by the fast I was driving much faster than my previous laps.

Then the other drivers had to pit... and take on the right tyres or let the drivers know that it was very wet on track... The times they were pulling confused me... the leader was the only car I was sure about ... and each split he was eating away... over a whole lap I would lose 10-15 seconds... Not unreasonable for myself to find that sort of time... but the AI cars were going 20-30 seconds a lap slower before...

Overall a great stint as I had to push very hard, my lapping has improved just from a sheer lowered lap time potential. and on worn rubber I was posting much more competative times rather than just falling oway . Again trhe limit after 8 laps was my fuel had run out... this time I had 6-7litre of ful left... My laps drank 11/12 ltires of fuel per lap... Closer to 12 than 11...

Fuel economy I was runnign very low revs in high gears... I doubt that I could run 8 laps in dry conditions. The better grip will have more grip so lower gears as the tyres will be able to handle the power.

After the other drivers pitted though I saw my lead begin to grow again. But too late to keep on trucking. I'll have to suspend the race.

Stint 3 (Feb9th morning)

Resumed - said dry track ploughed on and sure enough it loaded a full wet race with my Vertigo chugging down the pit lane. Fresh wets all changed then the long long wait for the fuel to be loaded on board.

I suspected I would have the same trouble as last time, the other drivers would have "rainmeister" levels of grip and I wasn't wrong, they tore into my lead. I had a carrot on track ahead of me in the form of Monroe's Modern Ford GT LM. I ever so slowly began to reel him in. And Wynn should have been behind me in his 905, but I never saw him once.

Constant rain but the light level was dropping. Lap 25 my lead was at Bergwerk... next lap I was ahead by ExMuhle. My pace was good tough. Passed Cacares in the Storm thne slunk around the outside of Monroe at ExMuhle and drew away from him. (Even though I call him Marilyn...)

Little bit of Pit lane action Anttila/Kuusisto and Georges trading places before they resume in the same positions. I Put alap on the Blitz Skyline (It looks like such a dog of a car)

Lights are more full beam now. But "Honey" Combs in his McLaren has pitted so my lead jumped and is now growing at a good rate... Clark of the course obviously told the other drivers they can't use their Monsoon tyres. Trying ot think of some explanation as to why they go so much faster than usual after a resume... At least the weather doesn' t just "change".

Kept plugging along, another 8 lap stint. As I kept trunnignt he other drivers are off my pace. But I want to do more driving than note keeping. So I am turning off the map/driver list and lap times. Just got my rear view mirror.. my "track saturation-o-meter" the tyre gauge and ful gauge - speedometer (Does anyone ever look at this?) Rev counter - Actually I am surprised at how low I am revving... The car will break traction in 4th gear at revs of 5,000 revs... and in greasey parts of the track or lumpy areas or downhill bits this is reduced. I seem to spend much more time in 5th gear now... dropping down to improve turn in with a bit of throttle stomp.

It is lap 34 now, Got a healthy lead of seven minutes... and I am gaining on the two unlapped cars. (Silvestri's Audi R10 TDi and "Honey" Combs McLaren F1 GTR.)
It is getting darker... sort of gloomy in the sky - constant rain, and a glow in the sky from the west (Wonder what that could be!)

Of course just beacuse I am pulling a lead now doesn't mean I can lark about... In the dry the Audi could be silly fast and the McLaren could also be ... mercurial.

Lap 38 the rain stopped... 6hours 15 minutes into the race. It slowly dries up. About 10-12% per lap.

I was very very lucky with tyres... My Wets were running out of gripOn lap 38.. and I thought a switch to Inters could be just the job. I dove into th epitlane.. and th epit crew were thinking my thoughts. A set of four Intermediate boots ready for Uma. Honey Comb follwoe dme into the pits. I guess he droped on for Inters too.

Back to the track and these inters were way more grippy than the wets... I ttook a couple of laps to get close to th epotential grip they have. Honey Comb caught me up, so I Pushed harder. trying to fins just how deep I could go on these tyres... In the end they were great for the first lap then they really began to wear out.. probably as I was pushing them pretty hard... I then had a dilema... stay on Inters or go Slicks... the track surface was 40%... but by the end of th elap it would be 30... next lap 20... next... Inters were wearing out badly once I started to push.. I chose Race Softs... I didn't know how fast the McLaren could go... and so I wanted every inch of grip I could get... and it I had to come in early for tyres... it woudl be no great loss if it bucketed it down.

WOW - these Softs were amazing even on a wet surface they stuck to the road better than a day old roadkill. My delta was fluctuating as the McLaren was gaining on my lap on used Inters... then I saw the time just explode... He was still on inters and I was on Slicks... then... I saw him I got past full chat up Kesselchen. And just romped away.

Track is bone dry now... and my Softs had begun to wear so I pitted and suspended. 7and a half hours into the race. 1 full Lap up.

No Crashes.
Had a few over runs into the Castrol S... and... clipped the back of the Storm when it wandered about when I tried to pass.

Times
Lap - LapTime --(Delta)--2nd--3rd--4th--5th--6th--7th--8th
016 - 10m08.5 - (406s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--KUU--GEO
017 - 11m00.6 - (306s) - COM--SIL--MON--FON--WYN--KUU--GEO
018 - 09m33.4 - (293s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
019 - 09m36.8 - (286s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
020 - 09m38.4 - (281s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
021 - 09m40.6 - (384s) - ----------
022 - 09m52.3 - (407s)------------
023 - 09m58.1 - (422s)--------------
024 - 10m04.2 - (397s) - COM--SIL--FON--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
025 - 10m52.7 - (310s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--ANT
026 - 09m40.0 - (303s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--KUU--GEO
027 - 09m48.4 - (376s) - COM--SIL--MON--FON--WYN--KUU--GEO
028 - 09m51.8 - (401s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
029 - 09m52.8 - (425s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
030 - 09m52.6 - (???s) - COM--FON--SIL--MON--WYN--GEO--KUU
031 - 09m55.9 - (470s) -
032 - 10m09.8 - (480s) -
033 - 11m02.0 - (410s) -
034 - 09m49.7 - (???s) -
035 - 09m42.0 - (???s) -
036 - 09m48.2 - (???s) -
037 - 09m53.5 - (L+25) -
038 - 10m02.2 - (???) -
039 - 09m58.9 - (L+08) - COM--SIL--FON--WYN--MON--GEO--KUU (75% wet track))
040 - 08m44.2 - (L+06) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (63% wet track))
041 - 08m44.5 - (L+20) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (52% wet track))
042 - 08m54.8 - (???s) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (40% wet track))
043 - 09m18.3 - (441s) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (29% wet track))
044 - 08m06.8 - (449s) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (19% wet track))
045 - 08m07.6 - (470s) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--GEO--KUU (07% wet track)
046 - 08m06.8 - (???s) -

Delta is in seconds or A Lap and so many seconds L+08 would be a lap and 8 seconds, 470s would be 7 of your earth minutes and 50 seconds.

Pits stops
Lap 17 - Full Wets - Easy pace - tyre drop off consistently through stint
Lap 25 - Full Wets - Easy pace - tyre drop off consistently through stint
Lap 33 - Full Wets - Pushing hard : stint only lasted 6 laps
Lap 39 - Intermediates - Easy at first then hard charging - 4 Laps only (95%-40% wet track)
Lap 43 - Race Softs - Consistent even pace. (40%-00% wet track)

Not quite sure if I'm in for an easy win or a dreadful wake up call in this race. about a quarter into it and a full lap lead. I know I can cope night driving in the dry with worns slicks and drive in the wet. The freakish thing was when it started to dry was just how much grip the inters had. And the Slicks had much more grip than they deserved - I expected to tip-e-toe about on cold new tyres on a wet track... lots of wheelspin and slides and it just wasn't there.

Dry running also means unleashing the fully armed and operational lengine which had been chained up in the basement of wet weather running with 5th and 6th gears... Now I could put down thick gobs of raw power from the engine directly to the track without much wheelspin to speak of. ... Which I have to say was a bit of a disapointment ... Must be the Race Soft tyres being too gripy... one way to fix that... don't use them!

Last edited:
Only a short session today.

Dark but the clouds in the sky are visable... so I guess it won't suddeny rain for a while... halfway into the stint it sort of suddenly got dark... could have been the TV being "funny" but it woke me up a bit.

Moved to Race Hard tyres...
On a dry track my pace is too hot to last for more than 7 laps... due to fuel! I could manage 8 if I was a bit less rev happy, but while I can use 3rd gear and high revs and get the power with not much wheelspin I will, aftersix and half hours of wet driving I am spoiling myself with some nutter driving high revving stuff...

Brakes Bias is 4/1 - I get lock ups at the front if I go in too hot, I may drop the rear end to 4/0 as this may save rear tyre wear...

What is best for Race Hard Dry running?

Tyre life drops away - I can live with it, certainly isn't that hard to drive arround but lap times seem terrible. If you are driving to conserve tyre life you may be smooth as a pair of satin french knickers... but lap times will be higher. I had a change of style, a more aggressive pushing stint that I only drove for 4 laps before pitting. This seems to get the most out of the tyre - the 4th lap isn't the best grip in the world, but the tyre has only done 50 miles worth of hard graft - loss of adhesion is a triffle after longer fuel restricted stints.

Also a short stint means a shorter refuel time... I work it out as you stop an extra 8 seconds for each lap of fuel you put in.
You lose time with the extra pitting in and pitting out, but you gain free "tyre changing"

a 6 lap RH Dry stint costs - 51m54 seconds (x2= 12laps = 1hr43m48s)
a 4 lap RH stint costs 34m36 seconds (x3=12laps =1hr43m48)
Well I was expecting the 4stop plan to be a bit more of a time saver.

047 - 09m21.8 - (L+27) -
048 - 08m12.3 - (L+35) -
049 - 09m21.2 - (L+40) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
050 - 08m26.0 - (L+42)
051 - 08m34.0 - (L+45)
052 - 08m43.3 - (L+58) - SIL--COM--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
053 - 09m36.9 - (???s)
054 - 08m24.5 - (L+18) - COM--SIL--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
055 - 08m22.6 - (L+20)
056 - 08m28.6 - (???s)

Stints -

Lap 48 RH - 6 lap easy stint
Lap 53 RH 4 lap pushing stint

Gap is refreshingly long... a solid lap and even in what I thought was a poor first stint the Gap seemed to stretch out. The interesting note was that the Audi R0 TDi of Silvestri is close to the McLaren FGTR of Honey Comb and they swapped places. Maybe in my slow stint the 2nd place car was held by traffic? I got away with a few swift passes - a dry track means being able to cose a side early and see just what the car ahead is up to - even if they are in the middle of the track.

- I'm getting more confident and comfortable in the car. The Final section is just great - Proper David Purley stuff... His tip for driving hard at Rouen was from some Paratrooper training - yell out aloud and keep it flat.

Kesselchen is a bit of a bogey area. Not quite getting a good view of the corners... and apexs and turn in points... Not the best feeling when you apex here at 180 when you have your brave hat on. Lifting and pussy footing about here is safe but it must leak many many seconds for the following uphill flat out bit...

The GP section is growling more any more annoying. the Castrol S opener is such a chore. SO slow, so tight, so badly marked out.

http://www.trilon.com/bapom/maps/map-nurburg-alt.pdf

Old map of Nurby... can't find Kev's track guide - But basically a homage to how hard the lap is with a light car on crossply tyres.

took some splits over a lap - 4th lap on RH's in the dark
1m40 - Nordkurve
2m25 - Quiddlebacher Hohe
2m55 - Aremburg
3m24 - Adenaur Forst

4m13 - Wehrseifen
4m49 - Bergwerk
6m01 - Hedwig's Hohe
6m36 - Brunchen/Eiskurve
7m04 - Pflantzgarten part Zwei
7m45 - Dottinger Hohe
8m04 - Antoniusbushe
8m26 - Zeil

Ryk
Stint 2

Another worrry was the lead delta was eroding pretty fast. I pushed hard, no critical mistakes, a few wheel on mud exits... but no impacts or cutting, just pushing too hard and losing time. I was stunend by my pace, and how the other cars were reeling me in. The Pug didn't have it to get past me for long. I retook any pass into the next corner - they still pussy foot into slower corners. Letting me slide up the inside. The car was on edge, Many times I would arrive in a corner crossed up in a slide - Well the car's Initials are GV - And Associated with Belgium... Thinking of Gilles Villenueve and that terrible crash at Zolder somehow brought the best out of my hard charging driving. the Peugeot was messing about but I was pusing hard - and keeping it neat and tidy (Jarama or Monaco 1981 style) My lead was dropping badly though... Compounded by the fast I was driving much faster than my previous laps.

Dry running also means unleashing the fully armed and operational lengine which had been chained up in the basement of wet weather running with 5th and 6th gears... Now I could put down thick gobs of raw power from the engine directly to the track without much wheelspin to speak of. ... Which I have to say was a bit of a disapointment ... Must be the Race Soft tyres being too gripy... one way to fix that... don't use them!

After you resume your race in the rain the AIs are running tires called "Super Soft Sport" until they pit. If you wind up on the same pit schedule AND have a small lead this won't be much of an issue.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6850943#post6850943

You are either brave or crazy starting that race in full wet with THAT car. Impressive that you've been able to keep it on the track.

You get used to it being harder. The way the AI munched my lead was annoying and the last few dry night stints I've been matching pace with the LMP Audi ... I've had to up my game - which can't be a bad thing.

056 - 08m28.6 - (L+25)
057 - 09m16.3 - (????) -
058 - 08m13.4 - (L+28) -
059 - 08m17.1 - (L+20) - SIL--COM--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
060 - 08m20.6 - (L+17)
061 - 09m07.0 - (????)
062 - 08m11.1 - (L+33) -
063 - 08m14.9 - (L+29)
064 - 08m25.5 - (L+20) - SIL--COM--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
065 - 09m08.4 - (????)
066 - 08m16.8 - (L+28)
067 - 08m21.1 - (L+18) -
068 - 08m22.9 - (L+18) -
069 - 09m10.7 - (????) -
070 - 08m09.8 - (L+30) - SIL--COM--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO
071 - 08m14.5 - (L+28)
072 - 08m16.8 - (????) - SIL--COM--WYN--FON--MON--KUU--GEO

---

I quite like these pushing 4 lap stints on Hards... mostly as I seme to be on a par with the Audi... And being a lap ahead means I don't get pestered to death with gaps every 16th of a lap.
Would be ncie if we were running in formation... but I guess My lead car would cause Silvestri some issues - Like Race control telling him to let me through.

By four stints were... Stints
57-60 - RH 4 laps - 34m07.4
61-64 - RH 4 laps - 33m58.5
65-68 - RH 4 laps - 34m09.2
69-72 - RH 4 laps - 33m51.8

My par times for laps I would make as
9m12 (Pit Out Lap)
8m12 (2nd lap - first flyer)
8m16 (3rd lap)
8m20 (Pit In lap)

If I push too hard I will cause the rears to loose so much grip the final lap can be a bit hopeless.... A Good Galgenkoph pays you back a long long way... but if your rears lose grip you have to save the car - and that just murders speed here. Other critical fast bits rely on those rear tyres staying firmly planted into the track... A Rock solid Quidelbacher Hohe/Flugplatz is just easy flat out time to Swedish cross... but muff it up and you blow it. Kesselchen is another tough cookie... well a kink before it really... I've yet to go flat out from Bergwerk up the hill - I lift and wuss out here as I can't quite make out the line here... I've nearly binned it here twice, running out wide on the right up onto some very handy if somewhat scarey grey ripple strip.

Pflantzgarten is becoming much harder as well once the tyres begin to lose their edge... You run a little bit offline here and it just hurts you every fast commited apex after it.

Sky - I can see a sort of cloudy contrast now... no nice glow of the sun yet, but it isn't pitch black and it also isn't overcast.

11hours 12 minutes into the race. Just one lap up. I think I still have a bit more speed left in me.

No crashes. But dry running means I can see lots of marks after a few laps after a restart...

Most marked up area?
First jump into Pflatnzgarten has a collection of parallel rubber lines - you think it was made from the flight deck of the Адмирал флота Советского Союза Кузнецов.

The Jump after Quiddelbacher Hohe gets some rubber laid down. Into the Castrol S I have layed some rather nice curves that certainly help me get the line right into this tight switchback.

Inot Wehrseifen I've also marked up the track... Also had a rather delightful drift over the bridge at Breidscheid then some elevensies up the hill after ExMuhle.

Shame when you suspend the race you lose your own black rubber track grafitti.

Audi R10 TDi (Silvestri)
I've noted a few laps for him... he seems to be on a 4 lap stint too, but I can only be acurate for two laps out of the four. 8m10-8m11-8m12 for one lap and 8m16-8m22 for another... The 8m22 could be due to traffic or maybe a mistake from him.

Now I just have to not connect to the interweb when I complete the Enduro... 12 hours to go.

Short term goals?
Get a sub 8 minute lap? This may be too much but getting a stint of 4 lps in under 33m 50 should be easy enough... then 33m40...

Consistency, I had one stint where I was pushing way too hard, killed the tyres and made some mistakes... lost time being way off line, lifting and suchlike. If you can go steady then you can still get a good 4th/final inlap time. No point in gaining 2 seconds on the first three laps if you have abused the tyres so much you lose 20 on that final slog.

Cheers for the Sports Super Soft information Goofycool. I don't mind it as it isn't fair that I run with No ABS or TCS and the AI are stuck with being hamstrung with pathetic silicon levels of skill. Carbon Peptide units for the win.

Last edited:
Few more laps. Still very dark, some sombre looking clouds, but the sky has begun to lighten up.

Driving. Not my finest hour (or two) had a major accident Before Swedish cross... about to lap the Lister Storm of Caceres. I went to pas son the inside, left... but he swung back. I tried to avoid, cliped the curb hit the storm, and got a monster tank slapper... I didn't hit anything, but I ground to a slow stop rolling to a halt against the armco - some distance from Aremburg... I then had to reverse... and get the car going... On damp grass on fat flat spotted slicks... Must have done two laps worth of tyre wear in one glorious close to 200mph spinout -

Annoyed at the Storm I gave chase... but passing these AI cars is a bit hit or miss... Made worse by the Vertigo's mentalist high speed being mated to dangerous levels of natural instability.

Another sighting was the Zonda LM of Fontana - 13 hours of running and this is the second time I've seen the car... the first was at the start... when it was raining.

(Zonda - take me back to the 1970's harvesting Moondisc's from the desert.)

073 - 09m15.6 - (L+139)
074 - 08m15.0 - (L+196) -
075 - 08m26.7 - (L+174)
076 - 08m20.6 - (L+169)
077 - 09m12.1 - (L+123) -
078 - 08m11.0 - (L+177) -
079 - 08m11.0 - (L+179) -
080 - 08m19.2 - (?????) -
081 - 09m06.3 - (L+208)
082 - 08m10.7 - (L+192) -
083 - 08m17.8 - (L+185)
084 - 08m24.6 - (L+177) -
085 - 09m16.0 - (L+123)
086 - 08m06.2 - (L+185)
087 - 08m09.0 - (L+185) -
088 - 08m18.4 - (?????) -

You can't help but notice the leap in my gap. The race started dry and remained dry but I guess the load screen being wet put the AI on some oddball tyre... Shame - but They got the benefit when it was raining. Or the AUdi went too long on a set of tyres and was crawling round. I did pass the Audi on track On my outlap and made a 2m19 lead on it after pulling a pit stop...
I cleared the Audi at Eiskurve... about 3/4 of the lap round... so that Audi was crawling along at the end considering he passed me as I stopepd in the pits that very same lap...

Stints. Dry Night Race Hard 63kg of fuel
Laps
73-76 - 34m16 (Storm induced spin on lap 75)
77-80 - 33m53
81-84 - 33m57
85-88 - 33m51

Some really sweet sections but the dramatic fall off the pace by the Audi and the Lister wandering about really made me loose focus,

Crashes
Big shunt into the Storm... No secondary impact but I guess the closing speeds would be 30/40mph. Deffo the car would have been in serious trouble... Maybe crawl back to the pits (From Aremburg... that would have been a big ask if I had holed the radiator or damaged the steering.)
Other crashes. Had a trip into the kitty litter at Dunlop Hairpin... over ambitious pass up the inside of a Wynn's 905. I lost some time in that desert... I don't think I saw the Peugeot again.

Better driving
Castrol S isn't quite as bad. Brake a bit earlier and slow down much more than usual so I can apex the second part and get on the power much earlier... Previously I sort of loop way out wide unable to turn or get the power down ... a very slow first part means I can really get fired up as I pass the Mercedes stand.

Lauda Links (The kink prior to Bergwerk)
In the day it is easy flat and brake for bergy, at night it is tough to pick out and if you get a bit loose you have to save it and by that time you are down the thoat of bergwerk - which is a place you have to try to get perfect as it is pretty fast up the hill from here, not a place to lose time.

Berwerk to Kesselchen
Not got this sorted... I tip toe here still, but I am tip-e-toeing with a bit more speed now... hitting 200mph on the way to Mut kurve... and in the muttkurve area I am braking later but smoother and driving a very smooth arc here, carrying alot of speed as I hit the time split and deploy a dab of brakes for Klostertal and one of the tough corners on the track.

Teirgarten
I really feel comfortable here too, very late brakes, straight line slowing down but the approach is 220-230mph and I feel way faster here than when I started lapping.

13hours 28 minutes gone. And the Glorious Sunshine bit of the race should be up next.

All is good.
I want to drop my stint time down. I can get sub 34 minute stints with silly mistakes and goofing about. 33m30 is probably the limit of the - tyres. If I banzai the outlap then the tyres are a liability on the last lap. If I am careful (smooth) I can push quite hard on the In Lap... but the tyres have still lost some life.

Sub 8?
In this car - Very real possibility. Day time no traffic and good tread depth and a fresh driver... I'd say I could do it... but slightly tired in bad light with iffy tyres and a few mobile chicanes it is tougher... and being cautious in places were a Hotlapper would be in low blood pH mode dones't help.

Wonder how these updates are going?

I've been reading all these updates and enjoying it so far.

With too much time on my hands (at work as well...) Excel tells me that your average times (including pit stops)have been;

Wet 09:59
Inters 09:05
RS 08:24
RH 08:33

The times on RH have been pretty consistent once you settled on 4 lap stints.

You must be getting tired though, doing this almost every night?

Keira "Three times a " Knightly

You sort of find what the best stint length is as you drive.
I like to save the tyres when I can and stretch out long stints - but it is always faster to pull short punchy stints. I am not sure how thirsty the car is, in the wet I had to keep the revs very low and the gears quite high, so I could make a brimmed tank of fuel last 9 laps - If I was careful. Now that it is dry and I am driving with a bit more purpose I don't think I could make 7 laps.

Really I should be getting better and better each stint. But - as you said - I am getting pretty tired at times - Then you can resume feeling fresh as a daisy (As I did this session) and you post some really fast clean times and you berate yourself for those tardy laps in previous stints.

The interesting thing is the Audi R10 TDi is about on my pace over a stint... and I've worked out how fast the guy goes (Could be useful for others.) (In a pure dry race it would be a close fought race - factoring the AI never makes a mistake and us humans do make a foul up)

I did have a bit of a wake up today - I had to pause the game to do some real world stuff - and when I unpasued it... the forwrd view - was locked to rear view!
I crawlled along out of the pit lane... thinking if I have to reset the game then I will be spitting feathers... but after a few more pauses and change view presses I got the bumper cam back... I was toying with driving the whole lap of the ring... facing the wrong way so I could pit and suspend the race.

Thankfully I didn't have to do that. (I think it is a controller issue. I had it plugged in, when I unplugged it it settled down.)

Dawn broke (But those Gillet mechanics soon got it working again!) and it was great, but then added a bit of peril in places when you are blinded by the low sun. But the sun leams you can see the track and my car leaves alot of mess - Elevensies are always funny the following lap when you see the 400 yard parallel tracks of 900BHP being smeared into the asphalt.
Lock ups also cheer me up. I had a major mistake and save

Kesselchen : I put a wheel off on the right... car slewed into a skid, I turned in, and the back ended gripped then lost grip, I put in a Dab of Oppo and after much 170mph sawing away at the steering I managed to keep the car going with no impacts. Greatest save since Gorden Banks saved that Pele header in Mexico 1970.

Laps89-104
LAPS - Time - - - Gap - - Audi
088 - 08m18.4 - (L+207) - 8m40
089 - 09m09.9 - (L+194) - 8m55
090 - 08m06.6 - (L+197) - 8m09
091 - 08m08.7 - (L+202) - 8m13
092 - 08m17.0 - (L+206) - 8m21
093 - 09m09.7 - (L+206) - 9m09
094 - 08m09.7 - (L+204) - 8m07
095 - 08m13.3 - (?????) - ?m?? (SIL-COM-WYN-FON-MON-KUU-GEO)
096 - 08m24.9 - (L+204) - ?m??
097 - 09m38.1 - (L+170) - 9m04
098 - 08m09.7 - (L+176) - 8m16
099 - 08m11.1 - (?????) - ?m??
100 - 08m22.5 - (L+177) - ?m??
101 - 09m04.7 - (L+177) - 9m04
102 - 08m08.6 - (L+179) - 8m10
103 - 08m11.4 - (L+182) - 8m14
104 - 08m20.3 - (?????) - ?m??

Stints. Dry Morning Race Hard 63kg of fuel
Laps
89-92 --- 33m41 (Best stint so far)
93-96 --- 33m57
97-100 -- 34m21
101-104 - 33m45

What happened on lap 97?
That was the controller camera issue. Almost half a minute lost!

I did seem to get my act together otherwise -

15 hours 44minutes - 8 hours and 16 minutes left - Sunny Morning.

Last edited:
only a triple stint today (You promised me a ring on St Valentine's day... Smack - Not the Nurburgring you dolt! Step away from the PS3.)

Had some seriously fast laps... Almost a sub 9 minute out lap... and almost a sub 8 minute normal lap. I've also set a best ever in lap. The almost sub8 however had a triple draft on dottingerhohe... Citrone GT one of the Audi R8 LMS's and the Corvette C5R... I was racing along at 225 for ages and ages it seemed... Also one lap mad e areal nice job at Kesselchen... careful through the first few leftkinks then it was full banana the rest of the way... fantasic stuff.

Down side?
Had two bad mistakes after Klostertal before the hill climb... too late on the brakes (Sunlight obscured my usual Armco marker...) so rather than a nice line forthe slow righthander... and ended up off track looking like a tool.

Laps104-116
LAPS - Time - - - Gap - - Audi
104 - 08m20.3 - (L+183) - 8m21
105 - 09m12.8 - (L+179) - 9m08
106 - 08m14.7 - (L+176) - 8m11
107 - 08m12.4 - (L+183) - 8m19
108 - 08m15.5 - (L+196) - 8m28
109 - 09m02.9 - (L+202) - 9m08
110 - 08m01.0 - (L+216) - 8m15
111 - 08m12.6 - (L+219) - 8m15
112 - 08m16.9 - (L+233) - 8m30
113 - 09m00.9 - (L+236) - 9m03
114 - 08m05.7 - (L+242) - 8m11
115 - 08m06.8 - (?????) - ?m??
116 - ??m??.? - (?????) - ?m??

No time for lap 116 - I made a mistake on the pit in - wheel on the grass on the right prior to th epit lane, (Not quite sure where that is either !) but it made the car very unsettled and the swerve/skid peft me with a face full of pit lane armco... but shortly after the pitplan menu came up and I suspended before I crossed the timing loops.

no news on the update things yet...

Signed up for some Nurby fun race thing. shoudl be fun to have a spin or two in a ... Maserati California. V8 Convertable... prefer a Griffith.

Last edited:
Lap117-136

116 - 08m28.9 - (L+313) -
117 - 09m04.6 - (L+315) -
118 - 08m03.0 - (L+325) -
119 - 08m07.6 - (L+335) -
120 - 08m18.7 - (L+337) -
121 - 09m02.6 - (L+344) -
122 - 08m12.4 - (L+339) -
123 - 08m11.0 - (L+341) -
124 - 08m26.9 - (L+335) -
125 - 09m02.8 - (L+339) -
126 - 08m14.8 - (L+332) -
127 - 08m13.6 - (L+332) -
128 - 08m22.6 - (L+330) -
129 - 09m08.7 - (L+326) -
130 - 08m00.5 - (L+334) -
131 - 08m05.1 - (L+342) -
132 - 08m19.3 - (L+343) -
133 - 08m59.5 - (L+347) -
134 - 08m07.5 - (L+350) -
135 - 08m19.1 - (L+345) -
136 - 08m43.5 - (???s) -

20 hours and 15 minutes into the race.

Good solid lead, that I am able to stretch. Ran some very good laps, but also had some bad moments. Pushing pretty hard in places has pushed the tyre degridation up a notch so the fall off on the final two laps is quite severe... The landmark lap was pulling a sub 9 out lap.

The lap itself started off slow as it was a 64litre fuel stop so I was stationary for a smidge longer that average - but a secoond or a a half here can be recovered in the first minute - Castrol S is an easy place to bleed time runnign too deep.. which compounds it as you are badly off lienf or the second part of the chicane... In generalI was braking a bit earlier than I would for a "Push hard" style lap. being well planted for turn in for a corner lets me get the power on in a smooth fashion earlier than when I am wrestling with the car when I charge hard. - Probably due to the fronts tyres not being under too much stress or overheated from a heavy late brake into a corner... Good front end grip means I get a nice turn in - less understeer - Well it isn't so much less understeer as you get more cornering grip in general. Light throttle through corners in a higher gear aids to stability for me too. And just the sheer weight of laps I have put in now. The faster lines are easy to find now. Knowing where to give up a corner so the lost time in one corner will payback 3 times for the following section.

Sub 8?
I had a lap half a second shy, And that can be made anywhere... seriously If I coudl hook up every corner - really nail it then even I would be surprised how many seconds I could gain over a lap... And a few mph on the exit of one corner can mean alot of extra mph over a long flat out section that follows. Kesselchen and Flugplatz are places were a sleek smooth line will just gift wrap a good time. Just one tiny part of the lap. Other parts like Hatzenbach won't give you much time, but you can certainly waste time by trying too hard. These combonation corners are where a really good Ring Wraith just doesn't put a foot wrong - Swift and neat and tidy
Pflantzgarten is annoyingly hard. So much Bam bam bam bam - a machine gun of fast apexes one after another all high speed but if you get off the groove you are bloating your lap time. And after you have nailed it - it hurts every time you go in too hard, get a slide, save it and then have to really work the car hard to keep it on the grey bit and not lose too much time and taking the wrong line means not lonly lost time but added tyre wear.

Find the line - Add the speed!

Will finish Sunday then go back online and get all these patches and whatnot.

Traffic -
I do seem to catch them at the wrong time. And for every stellar pass I do get wrong footed at times. The AI can go off line and leave a gap for you... but then it seems to forget about it. Traffic is obviouslly getting worse as my closing rate to them is much faster - And they have that "Notorious Early Braker" thing but the inconsistent way they place their car makes picking a side to pass tough going.

Weather -
Had a slight change, the sky began to fill with clouds - light... but it hasn't got darker or overcast - no direct sunlight - but I can't get an angle to see the sun now it is high in the sky. Short of some bongo failure The Win is waiting for me. If it rains I may loose a couple of minutes if I am on the wrong tyres... so it won't hurt to play it safe and be on the right tyre.

Goals -
Get a sub 8 minute lap... Not as easy as I can only really clock one up on my 2nd lap of the stint. And If I push har don that 2nd lap the 3rd lap will be harder to try for an '8' due to tyres going off.
33m30 stint? That is very possible.- So long as I don't burn up my tyres after 50 miles.

Lap 133 I puleld a sub 9 but the tyre wear was - I thought pretty minimal. I didn't seem to screech through corners as much, Maybe I was putting less strin on the fronts, so was actually wearing the rears out faster than usual. I also got Tired towards the end of the stint. The second lap (134) felt good but the lap time was nothing special at all. The 3rd and 4th laps were just awful. So aweful Combs McLaren actually caught me up - He has lost a Place to Wynn's 3rd placed 905 Peugeot. Silvestri's Audi R10 TDi is a lap at over 5 minutes behind - but that last couple of laps may have cost me half a minute on him.

Lap117-136

136 - 08m43.6 - (L+405) -
137 - 09m07.9 - (L+401) -
138 - 08m08.1 - (L+400) -
139 - 08m07.9 - (L+405) -
140 - 08m10.6 - (L+420) -
141 - 09m01.8 - (L+429) -
142 - 08m12.3 - (L+425) -
143 - 08m11.2 - (L+435) -
144 - 08m12.0 - (L+445) -
145 - 08m59.0 - (L+450) -
146 - 08m02.2 - (L+455) -
147 - 08m03.0 - (L+466) - (Rain 0%)
148 - 08m14.4 - (L+473) - (Rain 0%)

149 - 09m03.7 - (L+475) - (Rain 0%)
150 - 08m05.3 - (L+480) - (Rain 0%)
151 - 08m16.2 - (L+480) - (Rain 1%)
152 - 08m27.3 - (L+474) - (Rain 7%)
153 - 09m28.5 - (L+461) - (Rain 16%)
154 - 08m25.7 - (L+459) - (Rain 25%)
155 - 08m29.6 - (L+504) - (Rain 33%)
156 - 09m24.8 - (L+452) - (Rain 38%)
157 - 08m30.4 - (L+474) - (Rain 37%)
158 - 08m47.9 - (L+442) - (Rain 37%)
159 - 09m07.0 - (L+389) - (Rain 37%)
160 - 09m07.0 - (L+344) - (Rain 41%)
161 - 08m38.4 - (L+336) - (Rain 52%)
162 - 11m26.5 - (L+347) - (Rain 70%)

Didn't get as early a start, so not a one stop run, a few paises but I got off to a ncie start. After the last stint the tyres just died on me so I really wanted to conserve the rubber for the final couple of laps...And it did work. My driving is usually pretty smooth, but pushing for lap time I had transformed into a rubber tread guzzling monster. That stint was - almost easy, the grip was always there so I had the confidence to push when I needed to in the final laps. Also I really focused on getting the lines right and smooth.

Next stint (141-144) was a bit more measured, mostly as I was plagued with traffic. No clunks or spins, but I was held up in places. Once you loose your momentum it is harder that I thought to get the speed to make a clean pass... Obviously I am lapping them, and my car is faster, but after many laps hotllaping it is a bit of a jar to have to put on my "Racer" head and look for different lines and read the actions of the car ahead. - Bloody Hotlappers! All the same!

(Link to Jimmi Bo's guide to unfeasibly bad driving - maybe not that was on the interweb ... 12-13 years ago... Never forget it as it had a phote strip of a race at the nurburgring (PC game) were Famed Hotlapper startde from the back of the grid and tried to pass a driver into Adenaur Forst... this was back when there was no Armco... Large steep banks/ ditches and a very large tree on the right hand side after the Second left hander (Left compression /left over crest/ right / east left /long left / long RIGHT)

Anyhow the hotlapper came in WAY too fast but tried to over take by jumping the banking... huge pile up was the result... )

did the final stint... and the rain began to soak the road... 0% became 1%... It didn't seem to be raining any harder... at this rate it would be many many laps before I really needed to change the tyres.

Then it seemed to really rain. The grip level was dropping but my lap times wqere bloating up... I had a big fat lead, btu I expected the Audi behind me to have the same trouble, but the gap began to shrink... At one stage I was about 15 seconds away from putting a second lap on him. but I relaxed and just enjoyed the final very damp hour.

crusied the final lap to save running a silly extra lap.

3,660,000 credits - and loads of useless XP!

Audi R20 RDi prize car
level 24 ticket

137-140 Hards
141-144 Hards
145-148 Hards
149-152 Hards
153-155 Hards (Only 3 laps)
156-159 Inters
160-162 Race Hards

Seems a bit more lumpy 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Congratulations Ryk, you seem to have managed it fairly easily in the end despite what many would say is a hard car to handle at high speed for long stints.

To be honest the Ai didn't push me hard many times. The wet weather at the start let me learn the car and find the lines without having to go that fast - but I did understand the powerband of the engine.

When it started to dry I did a good job of getting to the right tyres... and I never really had many stints when I went too far on tyres... I had a few when I lost 30 seconds or so... but I didn't try to force another lap and loose a a coupe of minutes.

The shame was the end as I was loosing alot of time to the Audi in the damp conditions... but thenI was bringing it home.

Hard to handle - its isn't the easiest - the set up helped no doubt. I hope I credited the guy who put the set up - up "Gamer Alex" I think.
But I didn't want a 24 hour race in an easy car... every lap I was rubbing up against disaster like an ill fitting windscreen wiper.
Certainly a car that gives a white knuckle feeling in the very fast stuff as the aerodynamics do not help you out much - in the slow stuff the engine is trying to destroy the track and so you have to put some driver input to both get speed and also save the tyres from a sad avoidable death.

Every 8 minutes a Gillet Vertigo kills a set of Tyres. 4 innocent tyres, with a family will be destroyed covered in blisters, worn down to the carcass.

Your donation of just $650 will let Tony Gillet buy another set of tyres so his driver can do just onemore lap.

Please - pick up that phone and pledge as much as you can. Make it a Good Year for Tyre wear.

thank you and Drive Hard.

3tbz4n.jpg

Not an actual race photo, but from the test session before it.

Yes I know I was running a risk driving in the wet on the white lines. But Vertigo wouldn't try to spin out at Wipperman, the car has far too much fun here - it woudl wait for at least Eiskurve before it got cranky on me.

Great detail! Goodluck

I've got 2hrs left of Tsukuba so ill be doing this pretty soon. Not decided on my car yet but I don't think in fast enough to use the GV.

Thinking I might have to be a noob and use the R35 TC although ideally I'd like to use the R8 LMS.

Back