Nurburgring 24hr Online Race by wurks.ca

• Thread starter KurtKrDu
  • 403 comments
Question: Is a race manager mandatory? I am confident I can get a team but I am uncertain of a manager :nervous:

My GF can do it for a bit but there's no 🤬 way she'll do it for 24 hours!!

No need for an official manager, no. Truth is, you will be the manager among the other drivers so to speak.

However, we strongly encourage you use a manager dedicated to this task, because we feel it can really make the difference in winning or losing. We'll see at the end of the 24hrs I guess, how much it can help...

I am very interested in this. Keep us updated. I will see if I can get a driver or not.

This will be my team's 2nd 24 hour race. ;) Can't. Wait.

How can you do a 24 hour online race? Aren't there limits? Just curious as this was posted in the TT section of online races.

I'll have to ask my brother for help to this one!

EDIT:
Also, what should the manager doing? I dont know much about 24 hour races, since i've only driven it once!

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be interested in this. The only driver I would be able to team up with would be my brother though, since we're in the same house.

I'll keep an eye on this for sure.

I will participate in this event with my brother, and friend!

I'm in if I can get a team together. Love the attention to detail in all portions of this event.

This looks promising, I'll keep an eye on this. Me and my dad could team up for this. :D

Edit: Im a little confused. Do we have to create a Facebook page of our teams and include the members' names? Also, the times are EST but are they PM or AM?

Wow... this sounds freaking awesome! I know I'd be up for it but I'm the only hardcore GT5 fan I know in my area =/. If anyone is the New York City area and wants to be a part of a team - send me a message on the PSN. My ID is "LukaX23".

^^beat me to it

Perhaps one has been created somewhere in the history of gtplanet, but it would be a treat for those of us in the middle of nowhere to see a graph or even list of people relatively close to us. The thought of securing another driver or two could be daunting for many.

This will be a sight to see.

How can you do a 24 hour online race? Aren't there limits? Just curious as this was posted in the TT section of online races.
Yeah me too, how you can do that? And what happen if someone gets connection issues? The idea is great but I'm not sure GT5 servers are stable enough for a 24h online race. Anyway thumbs up if that's possible.

Hi, i have a team planned and car being tested, but we will be running from a high speed line in Asia, is this allowed? we are very competitive Endurance drivers in SEA and this looks like a great competition!

Regards

Yeah me too, how you can do that? And what happen if someone gets connection issues? The idea is great but I'm not sure GT5 servers are stable enough for a 24h online race. Anyway thumbs up if that's possible.

There's no point in getting excited until someone answers this question. Last time I checked, online races were up to 12 hours max. Unless you're going to go through the organisational nightmare of restarting the race halfway through, which would erase any gaps anyway, I don't see how it will work. :(

I am interested, period :) . I think I might find it difficult to find real people to help me in my team though. I'm not going to stay up for 24 hours straight.

I have to get my dad in on this, he'd love it. :D

There's no point in getting excited until someone answers this question. Last time I checked, online races were up to 12 hours max. Unless you're going to go through the organisational nightmare of restarting the race halfway through, which would erase any gaps anyway, I don't see how it will work. :(

Where did you find this information? Can't you look in the same place to confirm if it has changed or remained the same?

If this claim of a 12hr maximum is not credible, can PD be contacted regarding the maximum duration of an online race?

I've had a room up for way more than 24 hours. I had one up for at least two days. More than 48 hours. but that's without actually racing.

One of these days this week I'll test it out by putting the laps in a Nurb. race to the max and just letting the AI run my car around while I'm away.

I'll let you guys know.

But I'm definitely interested in the race as I have quite a few awesome Nurburgring drivers, friends of mine, that would definitely be down!

I'm in, i have the gear & the mates, but i cant sort anything out untill after new years so probably going to be too late..

I've had a room up for way more than 24 hours. I had one up for at least two days. More than 48 hours. but that's without actually racing.

One of these days this week I'll test it out by putting the laps in a Nurb. race to the max and just letting the AI run my car around while I'm away.

I'll let you guys know.

But I'm definitely interested in the race as I have quite a few awesome Nurburgring drivers, friends of mine, that would definitely be down!

The actual race function of GT5 won't be used because there would be a limit to how many laps you could do. The whole point of 24 hour races are to complete as many laps as you can within the time limit.

The actual race function of GT5 won't be used because there would be a limit to how many laps you could do. The whole point of 24 hour races are to complete as many laps as you can within the time limit.

:dopey:
D'oh I got too excited and didn't think about that before posting.

I also didn't read all of the .pdf for posting hah, so forgive me.

I've tried to figure out different ways of having a time based event vs. a lap based one and also came to the conclusion that using free run would be the easiest.

But as I said in my previous post, you can most definitely keep a room open with free run for more than a day, which I have (by accident mind you), and my car was even left out parked on-track the whole time.

Good luck to every one in finding a team mate. I'm thinking of having my good friend from San Diego (redreevos) take a visit so he can help out with the epicness. I'm sure he'd be psyched.

So far I've posted a message on Facebook, I've already called a few friends and let them know about it. One of my friends is in the air force and actually got to drive around the Nurburgring Nord. itself in a Renault Clio race car so I'm sure he'll be excited for this.

It's going to be amazing!

Actually I do have question. Are you limiting it to the first 15 signups?

Yes. First come first serve. Places are going very fast, but still have room. To register, follow the instructions in the Rules and Regs. document found in first post. thanks!

I would like to be part of a team, i know with Ring like the back of my hand. Night time is no problem for me. I don't know about being available that far in the future though and finding a team is the biggest problem

This looks promising, I'll keep an eye on this. Me and my dad could team up for this. :D

Edit: Im a little confused. Do we have to create a Facebook page of our teams and include the members' names? Also, the times are EST but are they PM or AM?

Yes if you could have a facebook page (regular account) for each team member (can be a bogus name for privacy if you like) AND a facebook fan page for the team.

The idea for this my friends is that we will post the teams and the members so that everyone can follow the progress on facebook. Teams can report progress, exchange ideas, and keep the fans fueled up to the event.
I consider the brave men and women that will participate as really worth mentioning!!! That is why we want the fans to follow and encourage their favorite teams. Facebook will be the link between fans and teams. ;)

Back