Nurburgring 4 hour Endurance

• Thread starter Jocar83
  • 9 comments

Jocar83

Nurburgring Obsessor
Premium
Energizer83
Hi everybody. I finally decided to give the Nurb 4 hour enduro a go. My weapon of choice was the Impreza TC fully stock except for the hard racing slicks. No assists except for abs at 1. It was the first time I had given this vehicle a drive so I eased into the first lap to get a feel for her. I was about 3 laps in and it had become clear to me that i was not going to win this race. The S2000 GT1 was too fast. The best I would get was 2nd. Despite this, I decided to push on. Fast forward nearly four hours later, the S 2000 was about 4 and a half minutes ahead of me and was first over the finish line as the clock stopped. It was then to my astonishment that I was placed first when I went over the line!! What the? Could anyone care to explain this to me? He was first over the line ahead of me, but I came first instead of second. I've never been so dissapointed to have won!?

All I can say is that your timings might be out and this is down to the race being limited by time not the number of laps, however you do have to finish the lap you're on to claim your final position.

Sometimes when you enter the final lap in 1st place and during that lap the 4 hour timer finishes, anyone behind you (but not lapped) who gets to the end of the penultimate lap after the 4 hours is up, will cross the line and finish their race. Their position will be listed as 1st at this point as their race is over. It is only when you finally cross the line to complete the lap (usually in these cases 1 more than 2nd place) that the final positions are listed, i.e. you have won.

This would suggest that the S2000 GTi was behind you on the same lap (-4 mins 30 secs not +4 mins 30 secs) and that he crossed the line into an indicated 1st place but then you went on to complete the lap and finish 1st.

Last edited:
Hmm, the thing is, I was 2nd the whole way. I never got to first at any time. It always had me as second.

This would suggest that the S2000 GTi was behind you on the same lap (-4 mins 30 secs not +4 mins 30 secs) and that he crossed the line into an indicated 1st place but then you went on to complete the lap and finish 1st.
No, this is a well known bug.

In this instance the car ahead starts his 28th lap. The timer reaches 4 hours. You come over the line to complete your 27th lap in 2nd place. Your race is over as the time has elapsed.

In normal, real, races, the car ahead gets to complete his 28th lap and win. In GT5 races, the race finishes and gives the results before he completes his 28th lap, it gives you the victory. To all intents and purposes, the car in the lead is seen as not finishing as he didn't complete the lap after the time ran out.

Yeah, it has happened to me (see here) and strangely enough I found it more annoying than finishing 2nd would have been.

Yeah, it has happened to me (see here) and strangely enough I found it more annoying than finishing 2nd would have been.

Yeah daan. Me too. I've never been so annoyed at coming first. So is this going to happen in every endurance race?

Yeah daan. Me too. I've never been so annoyed at coming first. So is this going to happen in every endurance race?

Yes, it can happen in any of the "timed" endurance races (the 4 hr 'Ring race, the 9 hr Tsukuba race,etc.). It will not happen in the endurance races that have a set amount of laps.

Respectfully,
GTsail

It is an unfortunate glitch of the timing system, yes. While it CAN happen in any timed race, it is much more likely at the Ring or La Sarthe due to the length of the lap. It will not happen in distance-based races.

Sometimes it just defies logic. When I won the Ring 4hrs(legitimately, finally) I was 5-10 seconds ahead of the R8 LMS I just took the lead from. I watched him enter the pits behind me, obviously on the same lap. Despite having enough time go by on the results screen for him to change tires and probably take some fuel even if his pit was before the line, it said he was TWO LAPS behind me! The Ruf we had both recently lapped was credited with second.

Back