Nurburgring in under 7 minutes: Project ITR

• Thread starter BlitzR
  • 43 comments
I haven't been on the project much so theres no wing on my ITR atm, also I've moved to the DFP but managed a 7'14 after a few hours on the ring. Might do a few laps with the DS2 later tonight.

Update: After a hour session I reach a P.B of 7'05:707 and theres still room for improvement.

Settings now:
Parts: Same as before still no wing and on original suspension.
Brakes: 3/2
Suspension:
SR - 6.6 6.5
RH - 82 82
D 6 6
C 1.8 0.8
T 0 0
S 4 5
Tranmission: Unchanged but sixth gear is now 0.810

The cars is still a bit understeery because of the higher front stability and there are hints of oversteer but thats my prefered setting and its feels alot better, less vibration and seems faster in the sections after Karusell. I feel that if I were to put on a wing on it would just be too easy to do under 7. Its more interesting/fun to reach it with out.

I guess if you are looking for the fastest lap time! :)

I'll let you in on hours of testing with a DS2, and 20 FFs! :sly:

This is just a general guide as not being around my PS2 I don't remember the exact setting perameters of the Type-R.

SUSPENSION
Spring Rate- FR: 6.5 RR: 3.5
Dampers Bound- FR: 4 RR: 2
Dampers Rebound- FR: 8 RR: 5
Dampers (original)- FR: 6 RR: 4
Camber- FR: 4.0 RR: 1.5
Toe- FR: 0 RR: 2
Stabilizers (anti-roll bars)- FR: 5 RR: 7
( the ride height in general should be set to lowest then raised 5mm in front and 9mm in the back to provide sufficient stroke room and ground clearance)

BRAKES
Brake Balance Controller- FR: 6 RR: 14

TRANSMISSION
(Use tranny trick)

DOWNFORCE
(None)

DIFFERENTIAL
Intial- FR: 15
Accel- FR: 60
Deaccel- FR: 5

TIRES
FR- R3 Medium Racing
RR- R2 Hard Racing

BALLAST
(none)

DRIVER AIDS
(none)

This suspension setup supports only DS2 users. If a DFP is used the setup will be too twitchy. :ouch: Howerver, all you have to change is the rear spring rate (up to around 5.0), tweak the camber (set to 2.0), and then change the brake balance rear to 10, and the diff deaccle to between 10 and 15. Everything should be acceptable with these changes! 👍

This setup is for my driving style, which is agressive, straight line braking, and high skill. Only recommeded for expert drivers. 💡

( if you need any help adapting this setup to your specific driving style PM me at any time)

Good Luck! :cheers:

The 7min mark is with in reach now, did a late 7'03. Just having trouble with consistancy and with chassis's life cycle, but I'm getting there.

hey guys,

i didnt try it in the honda integra, but just wanted to let you guys know, my quickest on the ring so far under 7 mins is in the BMW M3 GTR : 6.28.***.

Oh and btw, anybody interested in a competion, check out my thread for "BMW M3 @ Laguna Seca" :)

@PUER518: Please refrain from double-posting. If you want to add something after you've already posted, use the "Edit" button.

Also, when grave-digging a thread, please make sure you're contributing something worthwhile to the discussion. I'm afraid "wow nice" does not make the cut, and your second post is borderline in my opinion.

@Christhedude: If you're going to blatantly advertise your own thread in here, the least you could do is try the Integra. I'm afraid I don't see how a project to lap the 'Ring in under 7 minutes using an Integra Type-R has anything to do with an M3 GTR at Laguna Seca, or even the M3 GTR at the 'Ring.

A bit unsure on what eg6_dude meant by "a fully modded Integra Type R", i.e if you're using a turbo or N/A setup.

Using the N/A setup, with all the best parts i've managed a 6'58.975. The lap got a bit scrappy towards the end so I reckon I could probably drop that time to the lower end of the 6'58s - though its more of a problem of patience, i've always found the 'time punishment' at the ring to be severe compared to the mistake.

Just out of interest is BlitzR still working on Project ITR, just haven't noticed any recent posts...?

Setup; best of everything including stage 3 weight reduction but without 'stiffness' - 339bhp

Spring rate: 7.4/12.0
Ride Height: 103/103
Damper (bounce): 3/4
Damper (rebound): 6/6
Camber Angle: 3.2/2.0
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabliser: 3/4

Transmission: 'tranny trick' - final set at 3.500 (though should really be increased since I swapped from turbo to N/A without changing it).

No Driving aids

LSD: default (didn't feel the need to change)

Brake Balance: default

Back