Nurburgring Nordschleife Car Lap Time Database

• Thread starter hellnback
  • 262 comments
I was at the Radical booth at the Motorshow Essen in the end of November/beginning December (worked there for SimBin at the GTR booth :)) and the new german distributor just had it's exclusive distribution license for about a week.

They were still in the process of getting the car approved as street legal in Germany. As of mid-December 2004 the Radicals were still NOT street legal here.

Famine
Well, you live and learn.

Is there also a freely available (for a small sum, at least) directory of each number plate, the person it is attached to and their address?

Your welcome
I hope not, no honestly I do not know if this information is available

There is also a disadvantage to the system, every time you buy a new car, you have to put back your old dented and rusty, fly covered plate. (or order a new one)

Satorian
I was at the Radical booth at the Motorshow Essen in the end of November/beginning December (worked there for SimBin at the GTR booth :)) and the new german distributor just had it's exclusive distribution license for about a week.

They were still in the process of getting the car approved as street legal in Germany. As of mid-December 2004 the Radicals were still NOT street legal here.

Yes the car will have to be TUV approved for it to be sold as a street legal car in Germany.

However if I buy and register a Radical in the UK, it carries a road registration that is recognised by the EU, this means that I could legaly drive the car around Germany without fear of arrest. I probably would get stopped quite a few times, but as long as I could prove that the car is road registered in an EU country and is fully insured I would be fine.

I'm sorry but on the whole I do believe that a number of German magazine have a nasty habit of ignoring any non-German car that sets a fast time around the 'ring and using the TUV regs as a justification (and a number of drivers who have set very fast times in non-German cars have said as much - check out Phil Bennett's posts in the Pistonheads forums).

You only need TUV approval to sell the car in Germany, not to drive it in Germany; so long as it is legaly registered in the EU, it legal to drive in Germany.

Its the same with the TVR that Famine mentioned in regard to Switzerland, the car can not be sold legaly there as it is too noisy, but he drove the car around in Switzerland quite legaly.

'aint the EU great.

According to the GT4 bible, here are the top 30 best ranking for lap times at Nurburgring. (These records correspond with cars found in the game) It does not specify what tire compound was used during the Lap Times.

(MAKER, YEAR IT WAS DONE IN, LAP TIME)

1. Mazada 787B race car 1991 6:02.904
2. Mercedes C9 race car 1989 6:03.682
3. Nissan R92CP race car 1992 6:03.939
4. Toyota Minolta 88C-V race car 1989 6:04.746
5. Pescarolo Playstation Pescarolo C60 LMP 2004 6:07.095
6. Pescarolo C60/Peugeot race car 2003 6:08.251
7. Nissan R89C race car 1989 6:08.749
8. Audi R8 2001 6:09.056
9. BMW V12 LMR race car 1999 6:09.909
10.Toyota 7 race car 1970 6:11.276
11.Bentley Speed 8 race car 2003 6:16.561
12.Toyota GT-ONE race car (TS020) 1999 6:18.171
13.Mercedes AMG CLK-GTR race car 1998 6:20.449
14.Nissan R390 GT1 race car 1998 6:24.336
15.Gillet Vertigo race car 2004 6:29.787
16.BMW Mclaren F1 GTR 1998 6.36.113
17.Panoz Esperante GTR-1 2001 6:38.220
18.Pagani Zonda LM race car 2001 6:36.455
19.Nissan GT-R concept LM race car 2002 6:43.740
20.Ford GT LM race car 2002 6:46.215
21.Ford GT LM race car spec II 2004 6:47.640
22.Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM race car 2002 6:47705
23.Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race car 2000 6:49.394
24.Jaguar XJ220 LM race car 2001 6:55.730
25.Chevrolet Corvette C5R (C5) 2000 6:56.059
26.Mazada RX-8 Concept LM race car 2001 6:58.125
27.Mazada RX-8 LM race car 2001 6:58.163
28.Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R (JGTC) 2003 6:59.011
29.Nissan Motul Pit Work 2004 6:59.456
30.Chevrolet Camero LM race car 2001 6:59.480

No slicks allowed in the UK - a tyre is illegal if any part of the tread is less than 4mm. Which reminds me I need new tyres and damn Subaru's need all 4 done at once!!

For a while the Radical was at the top of the lap times around the track on Top Gear, although they now disallow cars if they are incapable of getting over a speedbump - so the Radical was "Disqualified".

I've done around 8:10 in the Caterham on S2 tyres.

The time could be improved on, substantially! I'll give it another whack later on.

There should be a nurburgring competition on these forums.

Edit: Stune, I'll do a lap now in the TVR Speed 12. You'll have to owe me though as it's not the nicest car to drive in the game :sly:

Stune: I did 7:40 on what was a rather crappy lap. It wouldn't be hard to chop 15-20 seconds off it. I was on S3 tyres, which if you're not familiar, are the best road tyres in the game.

Scaff
'aint the EU great.

That's why I thought about registering a second permanent residency in the UK or some other permissive EU country and register my car there if I want to really work on a car. Norrisdesigns and TDI-PLC are just too tempting.... :drool:

And, by the way, I don't read german car magazines. I watch Top Gear and sometimes Fifth Gear. I have a tilt towards british automotive journalism :dopey:

Sockz
There should be a nurburgring competition on these forums.

Should I start a thread or will you ?... This could very well be one of the most interesting OLRs ever to happen !.....

In the interest of making the competiton a little more open - Can I suggest that the competition is limited to 1 UNMODIFIED car only and that those who don't yet have GT4, but do have PGR2, be allowed to post their times?

Can I Suggest 2 Categories?

1. Open - Any car with any modifications to see just what times are possible.
2. Single car only - A Subaru Impreza 03 WRX STI.

I've done a 7.23 in the Scooby in PGR2 but that was full of mistakes...

Messiah
In the interest of making the competiton a little more open - Can I suggest that the competition is limited to 1 UNMODIFIED car only and that those who don't yet have GT4, but do have PGR2, be allowed to post their times?

Can I Suggest 2 Categories?

1. Open - Any car with any modifications to see just what times are possible.
2. Single car only - A Subaru Impreza 03 WRX STI.

I've done a 7.23 in the Scooby in PGR2 but that was full of mistakes...

I am making the "Nordschleife" Challenge right now... And there will be 3 classes.

And as far as I can see - PGR times will NOT be allowed !....

Awe please!! It's only way I can do it at the moment and most of the members here don't have GT4 yet so it's alienating a lot of people.

Just highlight those with a PGR2 time.

I would like to see what sort of times you can get on GT4 in comparism to PGR2.
Somone should run a hot lap with a TVR speed 12

Mercedes SLR McLaren ( 6/2004) 7:52

What tires and track condition was that time based on?
I did a 7:26 last night with a stock-new-from-showroom one, and I even crashed once ... that time seem a bit slow. Sure it wasn't from a standing start, but you aren't going that fast through the starting line anyway.

Stune
I would like to see what sort of times you can get on GT4 in comparism to PGR2.
Somone should run a hot lap with a TVR speed 12

Look on page 2 of this thread. Down near the bottom.

PGR2 times are completely different to GT4. You'll have one heck of a hard time doing 7:20 in an STI in GT4.

Messiah
Awe please!! It's only way I can do it at the moment and most of the members here don't have GT4 yet so it's alienating a lot of people.

Just highlight those with a PGR2 time.

PGR is nothing like real life, it would be pointless to allow times from it, i mean... 7:23 full of mistakes? come on!

Satorian
That's why I thought about registering a second permanent residency in the UK or some other permissive EU country and register my car there if I want to really work on a car. Norrisdesigns and TDI-PLC are just too tempting.... :drool:

And, by the way, I don't read german car magazines. I watch Top Gear and sometimes Fifth Gear. I have a tilt towards british automotive journalism :dopey:

Just for you then, Norris Designs Evo and Skyline.

Saw them at Castle Coombe a few years ago

Attachments

• Norris Design Evo VII Engine Detail.JPG
    Norris Design Evo VII Engine Detail.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Norris Design Evo VII Front.JPG
    Norris Design Evo VII Front.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Norris Design R34 GTR Front.JPG
    Norris Design R34 GTR Front.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 18
Sockz
Stune: I did 7:40 on what was a rather crappy lap. It wouldn't be hard to chop 15-20 seconds off it. I was on S3 tyres, which if you're not familiar, are the best road tyres in the game.

Thanks Sockz i apologise for missing your post. In PGR2 the best time on xbox live was over a miniute and a half better than that which suggests it wasnt to accurate. I allways thought the TVr handled too well on that game

I understand the Speed 12 has done it in 5.57 in PGR2, but the player took advantage of a cheat to get that. Someone else says they managaed 6.05 without it.

Messiah
I understand the Speed 12 has done it in 5.57 in PGR2, but the player took advantage of a cheat to get that. Someone else says they managaed 6.05 without it.

Well the best is actaully 5:55 now. The best belived to be possible was a 5:59 without the cheat. The best i ever managed was a 6:03 and thats was PERFECT.
The problem is that game exacdurated that car slightly becoouse on there it handled really well when in real life i belive it to be a handfull

Stune
i belive it to be a handfull

Ahhhh... that goes right up there with:

"Bit smokey over there. Probably a bit of a lava flow." (Herculanium, 79AD)

"Gosh, you seem to be quite well off!" (said to Croesus)

"I don't like the look of that Medusa" (Perseus).

Stune
Well the best is actaully 5:55 now. The best belived to be possible was a 5:59 without the cheat. The best i ever managed was a 6:03 and thats was PERFECT.

Almost all the times on Live use cheats of one sort or another on the ring. EVERYONE takes long grass cuts to the extent that most believe that its not cheating (as i am sure you did on your 'perfect' lap). Then there is the glitch shifting... But still PGR2 is just a simple arcade game and nothing life real life.

GT4 is great, but the lap times do look to be too fast also.

The ONLY way to drive and get close to real life physics is using the N1 tires. Put them on the M3, R34 etc.... and feel that power O/S.

Nurburgring : 10:XX:XX with the m3, NO aids, SIM tires (N1s), MT

I was driving like it was stolen throwing the tail around on most corners.
BTW Spined out once.

Try matching real laptimes with N1 tires........very very difficult.
Im in the high 1'06s at Tsukuba with the R34. I believe Best MOT, lapped the R34 low 1'06s.

N2,N3 are too easy to break the Real lap times.

Back