Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit Experience Guide

• Thread starter F4H Rosso
  • 15 comments
Keep practising.
Yesterday I finally got 100% gold. Lap attack on the nordschleife was the last one I needed.
I lost count how many times I did it, not even want to know how many times I had to retry.
Damn frustrating when you're 4-5 mins in and one corner ****s you up.

Glad I got the trophy finally.

@OP thank you for the vids

Hey guys, really sorry for the delay on part 3 and 4. They're all recorded but as the leaderboards were wiped midweek it got delayed and I've had no days off work since! I'm currently Editing Part 3 and Part 4 is just the lap so they'll be up very shortly!

I'm stuck at a consistent 7:00 lap time. I've been trying for about a week, I think the back half is where I lose most of the time. Everything after the first carousal - those S curves - I think I use the brake too much...

I'm stuck at a consistent 7:00 lap time. I've been trying for about a week, I think the back half is where I lose most of the time. Everything after the first carousal - those S curves - I think I use the brake too much...

I still haven't completed that one, there's no way I can pull sub 7:00 on that track.

I'm only an average driver, but got there after a few goes. I think its such a long track comparatively, it psyches people out a bit.
I did find the ghost very helpful as I would go round the track and use that as a guide to my overall laptime.

My main recommendation for this would be to only do a maximum of 3 laps at any one time.
I used the first lap as a "sighter" lap to remind myself of the track. if I make a mistake on the first lap I keep going to the end as it helps with practicing the final bends. The second lap was my first real attempt at a good time. The third lap was my second attempt.

If you go past 3 laps, I found you start to get "stressed" about not making it and your times then start to deteriorate. So, if you don't make it within 3 laps, go and do something else and come back to it another time.

My second recommendation for @cbrown119 would be to redo the partial events for the bit of the track where you think you are "slow". It really helps to learn a corner better. If you are like me, you won't necessarily know why, but you will suddenly find trying to either brake earlier or later (depending on the corner) will get you out of a corner quicker.

I don't have a guide unlike @F4H Rosso (great work by the way), but will put up my gold lap on my channel at the weekend. I only JUST made it below the time, but that's all you need to achieve to get gold right?

GOT IT!! Finally with 0.5 sec to spare!!!
It took a long time (maybe 3000 km!), but it’s done.
Thank you, FH4 Rosso! If it wasn’t for these tips, I’d never break the 7:00’ mark.

You were right about the carousel making or breaking the time. Once I followed your recommendation, it put me over the mark.

this is not any guide but u can look at decent racing line on 24h course
(Chevy C7, BoP on, racing SS tyres, ABS on, TCS 2)
diff car ofc, but maybe that might help someone too

Back