Nurburgring Nordschleife lap times

• Thread starter Falango
  • 62 comments
KTMXBowStreet12.jpg

Finally had some time to get another car around the ring, and it was the feisty X-Bow Street. This car was a handful! Difficult to keep under control in the fast corners, yet I could get on the power very early out of the corners. The brakes are fantastic, and it's easier to manage with very light and smooth steering input. This car is delicate. I managed a 7:35.109, which I felt was quite good. I think there's still a little bit of time left in there, maybe 3-4 seconds at my ability, but it's tough to put all of that together in one go. When you nail a corner right with this car, you'll know it immediately.

Also, next up will likely be the BMW M4 as I have access to that, but don't have any of the other vehicles in my garage yet. I should be able to run this tomorrow, but after that, updates may not come until the new year as I will be away snowboarding until 2014!

Last edited:
Is it a leaderboard of only you driving? or a leaderboard where everyone can post their laptime to be on the leaderboard?

I was planning to post the GT6 version of the Nurburgring leaderboard i had on GT5, but look like i will not.

Is it a leaderboard of only you driving? or a leaderboard where everyone can post their laptime to be on the leaderboard?

I was planning to post the GT6 version of the Nurburgring leaderboard i had on GT5, but look like i will not.

Mike, I suggest you put up an open-for-all leaderboard thread.

This one is for the thread creator only (as stated in the OP).

May I suggest:
-Tyres: as comes with the car from the dealership.
-And split it in to "race" and "road" categories only (you can sort them by PP when you've gathered a good number of submitted laps).
-Grip: real
-No weather
-No:
SRF
TC
ASM
DL
-ABS: 0-10

Then you could add several "open Tuning" categories but sort by tyre compond. I.e "Open (RH)"..

I think you did an awesome Job with that thread thru out GT5's life. If anyone, you're the man for that job! 👍

There's bold text in the first post saying post up your time and I'll add it. I've also added usernames to show who posted the time. If youve been doing this for GT5, go ahead and start something up as I have a feeling I'll be too busy with work in the new year to maintain this.

Also, my apologies as I noticed I didn't change parts of the first post that contradict others being able to submit times.

Mike, I suggest you put up an open-for-all leaderboard thread.

This one is for the thread creator only (as stated in the OP).

May I suggest:
-Tyres: as comes with the car from the dealership.
-And split it in to "race" and "road" categories only (you can sort them by PP when you've gathered a good number of submitted laps).
-Grip: real
-No weather
-No:
SRF
TC
ASM
DL
-ABS: 0-10

Then you could add several "open Tuning" categories but sort by tyre compond. I.e "Open (RH)"..

I think you did an awesome Job with that thread thru out GT5's life. If anyone, you're the man for that job! 👍

Thank you, i wanted to make sure before i continue to work on it, i have 2 weeks off from work hopefully i'll be able to post the new thread soon, before the WRS qualifier :dopey:

Sorry for the brief thread hijack, goodluck with all your laps!

edit:
There's bold text in the first post saying post up your time and I'll add it. I've also added usernames to show who posted the time. If youve been doing this for GT5, go ahead and start something up as I have a feeling I'll be too busy with work in the new year to maintain this.

I can confirm you it is very time consuming to update. :lol:
Feel free to post laptimes if you dont have time to update yours 👍
:)

Last edited:
Thank you, i wanted to make sure before i continue to work on it, i have 2 weeks off from work hopefully i'll be able to post the new thread soon, before the WRS qualifier :dopey:

Sorry for the brief thread hijack, goodluck with all your laps!
No worries. If you start one up, I'll submit some times.

I can confirm you it is very time consuming to update. :lol:
Feel free to post laptimes if you dont have time to update yours 👍
:)

Ya I figured it would be quite time consuming, and it doesn't help that I'm going to be away for 2 weeks, and January will be incredibly busy for me, haha. If and when you post one up, shoot me a link and I'll post it here and update the first post so we can keep it all in one place!

Ring laptimes in GT6 already seem to be ridiculously unrealistic, it's a shame we're not at the point where we can compare them to real life. For example a Focus ST going under 8 mins is a fairytale! You're talking times comparable to a Porsche 911 GT3, Pagani Zonda, Ferrari 599, Lamborghini Murcielago.

So much emphases is put on ring times these days with Manufacturers hitting low 7min or sub 7min times I think people don't realise how fast a sub 8min time is in the real world. I think it's fairly certain the cars making the ring records these days are not quite as standard as an off the shelf car, nor are the tyres!

Its all tires... Even the stock tires on most of these cars are to soft.

For example a Focus ST going under 8 mins is a fairytale! You're talking times comparable to a Porsche 911 GT3, Pagani Zonda, Ferrari 599, Lamborghini Murcielago.

Where can I see the video of the Focus ST going under 8 minutes? Stock.. With stock tyres.. I did 8:46 (in the 2013 Focus ST) with room for improvement.. But certainly not 45 seconds of improvement..

With that said.. Lap times are faster than in real life. But only a few percent..

I'll certainly have a crack at this with some cars over the Christmas period, not sure I'll be anywhere near some people's lap times though :lol:

As for those saying that the Focus ST lap times are unrealistic, the 2005-10 ST, which is slower than the current model, has a recorded 8:35 in real life, though I can't find anything for the newer ST, so I'm not convinced that the 8:15 that's been set is that unreasonable with stock tires, though it would have to be a perfect lap to do it I should think.

God danged SLS AMG. Barely broke under 8 minutes, had to adjust, got about good 7:41 with it. Drove pretty carefully. Pretty happy I beat the real life record of the Nordshleife by the AMG.

Time: 7:41
No Aids (besides my brakes :P)
Sports Hards

@Falango

Do you think you could adjust this thread to do sort of a comparison between real lap records and in game ones to see how closely modeled it is? Was planning to make my own thread but figured you can incorporate it into yours.

For example the real life S2000 record is an 8:39, while I managed a 8:46 with no aids, real grip, and comfort softs the stock tires.

We should incorporate some section that compares the lap times of our cars completely stock no tuning against the real life ones since those are completely stock as well. Would be interesting to see how closely they match up or if we are supremely better drivers than those lap record setters! :P

done a few laps between 8min 21sec and 8min 23sec in a stock Abarth 500 - on 18" wheels

I'll get on it asap and do some more in diff cars

Even if GT6 had a physics engine that was a 100% perfect simulation of the cars behaviour (which it isn't), and featured a 100% perfect representation of the Ring (which it doesn't), we'd still be a number of seconds faster than real world times. In a game/sim, we have the benefit of endless practice laps under never varying conditions, the ability to wreck as many cars as we want trying lines and pushing limits, and the opportunity to drive with no fear whatsoever. Those are significant advantages that certainly account for some of the divergence between real world times. That said, things have certainly improved and the gap is pretty small now compared to earlier racing games/sims. GT6 ain't too bad at all in this regard afaic...

Back