Nurburgring Tuning Help

England
Luton,Bedfordshire
M3BIMMER2012
IDONTPAY4ONLINE
Hi all,
I was thinking that maybe there should be a thread to help not only me, but everybody with tuning their cars for the legendary Nurburgring track!
So could we have some quick tips and tricks to how to tune for any part of your car (suspension, transmission, etc.), and hopefully we can help me and others for tuning our cars.

(NOTE: I find transmission quite hard to tune for here)

Gearbox settings are probably the most important here, but you need to make sure that you choose your car and its drivetrain carefully. There are heaps of FR cars that do great on the Nurburgring, and there are also some good MR cars that can do a similar job, but with less control. If you are going to take sports tyres, I would suggest that the car is no more than 600pp at the max (unless of course you have an FXX). FF cars on this track are a bit tricky in places; mainly in getting all of the power to the track at the right time. This can be done by limiting power and reducing torque, but you can also add some weight to wherever it is most needed and maybe reduce understeer. The suspension setup is really something that depends on the car, because there is no real generic setup that works for everything. This is because of the simple amount of turns and variations of turns on the track. Just make sure that any tune is not too extreme in any expanse.

I am sure there are plenty of cars specifically made for the Nurburgring in garages of sorts, so I would look there for particular setups.

Back