Obtaining Better B-Spec Stats ??

• Thread starter LivingSoul
  • 552 comments
Sweet, that's a good start.

3'56.769 is the Trial Mountain Reverse time for the Crossfire if you set NA2, R1, Sport Clutch, Full Slip 10 40 20, Fast. You need to adjust the Accelerator value to 42, and then hit OK so it gets saved. The Full Slip setting gets reset to default if the part is removed and replaced.

Just the Limited-slip differences:

Set A Standard
Set B Full Slip 10 42 20
Set C Full Slip 10 40 20 (default)

Limited-slip: Full Customized (Full Slip) - default
Front -- -- --
Rear 10 40 20

Initial Torque = 10
Limited-slip Acceleration = 40
Limited-slip Deceleration = 20

Give it another shot. That race has a great ending. It took all of my B-spec skill to arrange the close finish without any button adjustments. The next race in Seattle is even closer.

Okay, I had somehow overlooked that 42 on the LSD acceleration on the B setup, and yes I did check and recheck. Still managed to miss it somehow.

In any case with that fixed, I was in fact able to duplicate all your results exactly.

I also discovered you can do the five races in sequence, or you can save and restart the PS2 after each race; the results will be identical. This leads me to believe that the opposing AI cars are also in fact identical.

And yes, some very close races! I thought I was doing well engineering something like a 1.5 second average MOV, but that pales compared to what you've done here! Five races, none of which had a MOV of as much as a quarter of a second, and one of them a mind-boggling 0.004! Kudos to you!

I'm also astonished that you gained so many points so quickly on Super Speedway, that's one of the cursed tracks for B-spec points.

Added: Notes about Lineups

The method described by the Japanese Author is using System Resets to fix the B-spec Lineup for Family Cups. The lineup for Family Cups appears to be depended on B-spec Skill.

To avoid the need to constantly reset, I decided to develop my strategy using races with a Fixed Lineup. The Crossfire Trophy only has Crossfires '04, so resetting is not necessary. You can buy the car and run the races without saving, then reset to get the credits back from the parts and preserve a clean B-spec=0 if that's the goal of your save. I'm collecting a list of other races that might be used for this purpose. So far this is what I've got.

A-1: Triumph One-Make

A-2: Still stuck with Importing a Ginetta G4 and running Euro Classic on Fuji '80s. I think the Triumph will be too powerful to compete for Battle Points if I upgrade it to A-2. The MG One-make Race remains an interesting posibility for even A-2 competition, only 2 cars in the lineup, but resetting will probably be necessary. So... Still looking.

B-1: Crossfire Trophy. The Civic Race was tested but inconsistent lineup make it difficult, and the tracks aren't a generous as Crossfire. Only 5 short races for all B-1 points was unexpected. The Audi A3 3.2 Quattro race was also considered, but the tracks were not as generous, and the prize money isn't as good.

B-2: Crossfire again? I doubt I can get good competition with a B-2 Crossfire, but these tracks in combination love to spit out the points, so I'm not sure I can do better. However, if I can scrounge up the cash for the required upgrades, the Clio Cup is my 1st choice because of the credit value of the prize car. I think need to make this my 1st race and script the entire championship. IIRC, one good series just might max out all the B-2 Points.

C-1 and C-2: Not sure, probably need to find a championship to fix the lineup for 5 races after a reset.

D-1 or D-2: Thinking about the Saleen Race for D-1. An F-1 series would probably be great for D-2, but getting at the vehicle is difficult on a new game, I suppose I could try to import one. But I'll probably go with the DTCM and script the series after a reset for both D-1 and D-2.
You might want to take a look at the Shelby Cobra Cup manufacturers' race. You always face a lineup of five 427 Cobras, but you can be competitive with either a 427 Cobra of your own, or a Shelby Series 1. Perhaps you can leverage that to get more than one subclass done here?

Just because all AI entrants are the same car does not necessarily mean they are equal, does it? Enter the Subaru 360 Race, and one AI seems to zoom (comparatively) off into the distance. So perhaps, even if all specs are identical, there is a "speed parameter" which varies from entrant to entrant. (Do we know the specs are the same? tires? power? weight? non-A-spec mods?)

I believe the explanation for that is the fact that the lead car always follows the optimal line (or what the AI considers the optimal line, anyway) whereas the other four cars will spend too much time trying to use the AI passing line. In some of the Crossfire races discussed above, the lead car jumped out to a pretty sizeable gap. But the fact that I could run the races sequentially in one session or save and reset the game after every race and still get identical results to the thousandth of a second indicates all the AI cars are in fact identical, or if not, then the car with the "advantage" was always the pole sitter.

AFAIK, the idea that A-spec points affected lineup selection was rejected as speculation. But, in the absence of hard data, it would seem that rejection is itself speculation. I've been chipping away at A-spec points, (with 10000B-spec) and find some sequences of lineups remain very constant, (Nürburgring 24), and others less so (Nürburgring 4, Roadster 4). Actually, the Nürburgring 4 seemed at one point to move away from the short initial sequence (sequence always being done after a console reset) I had begun mapping, and then come back to it later!

If you preserve a game state (i.e. don't save over the game), a sequence of lineups does appear deterministic. (A-spec lineups, which are also B-spec lineups; I'm always working with a 10,000 B-spec driver now...)

See AI Opponents Lineups Patterns? at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77601

Some of the races always use the same sequence of lineups, some do not. We know what influences this in a few cases, such as the World Classic Car series which is influenced by what car you're driving. I'd agree that whether or not A-spec points have any effect on lineups is pure speculation either way, but given that the whole A-spec point system seems to be an afterthought added late in game development, my hunch would be that it is not a factor. I would guess that game days are what control other lineups that seem to change. The game date affects the used car lots, the GT Auto wheel shop, and the unlocking of tracks, so why not car lineups too?

I would love to help with this guys, especially if it meant getting 10000 B-Spec points in the end. If you guys get anymore "scripting" done, I'll gladly test it. Would it be carried on from the last post, or would it be completely separate? I'm guessing carried on, but I don't want to do it unless it's necessary. I could test the previous one if you want, but I see it already has been, so there's not much point.

Thanks!

I'm trying to find a good path to B-spec 10000, but I'm running into conflicting goals. How to get the initial credits is a primary concern. After finishing the B-1 races I only have 78,000 Cr. left from my initial 110,000 game start and import credits. This should be plenty for an A-1 Triumph collection, but those races will probably cost more than they will bring in, so I'm looking elsewhere.

The Clio Trophy appears to be the best choice for earning credits quickly. It looks like I can probably win each race of the championship with a B-2 Clio Phase 2, but a lot more credits are required for the upgrades. Instead of repeating the Speedway track a couple of dozen times, I went after the Civic Race instead.

B-1 Civic Notes (I'm probably not going to use this method):

My old used car setup was;
Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '91 (used), 258HP, Racing Hard (R2) and good parts (total ~45,000 credits)

My discarded point collector:
Civic Type R (EP) '03, 315 HP, Racing Exhaust, Sports Chip, Turbo 2, Racing Fly, S3 Tires, 59,360 Cr., Subclass B-1

On the Cheap Buy-Now Racer (current):
Civic Type R (EP) '03, 273 HP, Semi-Exhaust, Sport Chip, Turbo 1, Triple Clutch, Racing Fly, Racing Hard (R2) Tires, 48,060 Cr., Subclass B-1

The Civic Races add 5 sets of 13 track points. B-spec 939 to 1004/12/10/9. Sorry, no notes on optimal races for these yet, but it brings up the other scripted races.

Montegi East 952
Suzuka East 965
Deep Forest Normal 978
Autumn Ring Mini 991
Mid-field Raceway Reverse 1004

Suzuka is the tricky track because the car is likely to jump out to a significant lead right from the start. Try Overtake off and Slow Down around the 1st corner before turning him loose. Don't worry if the race isn't perfect the first time, finish the other races, collect the car, and run the races again.

Or, feel free to script these races. Once the B-spec points for that subclass has been collected, the new tracks can be scripted for track point collection for a 7051-to-10000 race. The 2nd race can then be run with confirmation settings that should match the race times of a B-spec 10000 driver. This contradicts a lot of what I believed about B-spec skill, but has been confirmed by my early tests with the Triumph and Crossfire. Once I have identified the power and settings for my chosen vehicle, I switch to my 10000 point driver and provide him with the identical car so he can provide the All-Points-Collected race time for me. Then I have a good idea when I can stop racing.

This doesn't always work out 100% accurately, at least for the floating points. It seems that if I run a race improperly (slow instead of cruise, otherwise the races appeared very similar) then I can't collect a particular type of point. If that point can't be collected with that setting, then the race times for the 10000 point driver and... All-But-1 B-1 point driver will be identical. Anyway, the results appear to be predictable, but there are still many mysteries involved. Once I found a race setting that could collect the stray point then I could re-run the race with my 10000 point driver and establish a proper confirmation time.

Anyway, B-1 finished, 8 tracks completed, on to B-2 and the Clio Trophy so I can earn the credits required to mess around with C and D class vehicles. I've got some good settings that I think can win the series, but I'm not sure how to handle the collection path. I'm not sure if I can finish the series and still collect all B-2 points, but it is a possibility, several of these tracks are super-hot for different types of B-spec floating points so it might be possible. My initial test lost the championship, so I'm sure I could score better. However, I only needed one more easy win to finish of the points, so 6 tracks max.

I think I can get this down to only 4, and possibly only 3 races if I can get everything just right. But that means giving up some exciting races for the large bonus of a smoother win. I'm leaning toward making this my goal for the floating point collection races anyway. The idea would be to demonstrate the best possible B-spec Races to use as examples. It would certainly make the process a lot easier than trying to hold to the standard of sub-last second wins.

What I've got in mind are 3 races on Suzuka Circuit. The 1st race with 0 B-1 Points, the 2nd with most of the B-1 points. Since Suzuka isn't a generous with a particular type of floating point, run a quick race on Deep Forest to hopefully collect the last of the B-1 points. If not, it should be close enough that 1 more good race on Suzuka using confirmation settings should finish them off and provide the confirmation time. The interesting thing about running 3 races on Suzuka are that drastic changes in requirements in order to run a good race at different point levels. I've got to put everything I've got on Fast into that 1st race in order to win, but after that I can use Steady and need to hunt down a few handicaps to keep him from winning too soon. On the 3rd race I can cut power and remove most of the expensive parts, and still need to find a way to slow him down even more. Anyway, this type of collection would seem appropriate for the method. Open with exciting races, then demonstrate how to maximize points so people are content with a safe pass an the last good opportunity and don't feel the need to push it unless they want to for the fun of it.

Or, I could just go for the series with the same idea in mind. But I've run into a snag. The Civic Race included the B class track points for Deep Forest. If I'm going to go through all the trouble to script the series I'd prefer for it to be an independent method. That way if someone had a ton of credits and just wanted to jump right in to B-2 only, the script wouldn't need to be altered for the last couple of races, and I'm not entirely happy with that. So instead I'm thinking of reverting to 939 and repeating Super Speedway until the oil starts to get dirty, then check to see if I've got the credits to buy the required Clio and upgrades.

If someone would like to play along, but not duplicate efforts, feel free to script the Clio Trophy for a 10000 point driver (or maxed B-2 driver with all track points for those 5 tracks). I'll need this for the confirmation settings and I plan to run this race again for the credits anyway. My current setup includes weight reduction 1, port polish, and NA3. I'll also get most of the best parts, including all 3 clutches and flywheels so I can use them for modifiers. The Full Custom Limited-slip is a very handy modifier, but the custom suspension is kicking my ass. I've been doing without the custom transmission as I don't know how to tune it so it's a very expensive handicap. Currently I'm using R3 and R4 Tires, but I'm looking to cut back on the R3, which means I might be able to save on a power modifier or two but for now I'm getting all 3 exhaust even though the racing exhaust isn't currently being used. Racing Brake and Controller, I'm not sure if they help or not.

Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 - oiled
Semi-exhaust, Sports Chip, NA3, R3 Tires, Weight Reduction 1
Racing Brake and default controller, Triple Clutch, Racing Fly
Racing Suspension: Ride Height 108 108, Full Slip 11 40 18
423 HP, 3.310 PWR, 1400kg, MR

1st Race on Suzuka Circuit, +0.788, 6'52.822
Reset and tune to Ride Height 111 111 and Full Slip 10 40 18
1st Race on Suzuka Circuit, +1.561, 6'52.222 (36 more points)
Better not save yet, I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

The handling on this vehicle definitely needs work. I need to find reference on proper tuning of this vehicle, it tends to suddenly jump and spin like a top on Montegi, has nasty oversteer (?) problems on Suzuka, and ditches on Deep Forest and El Capitan. I can probably handle the variables and find a winning combination, but I'd like to figure out how to fix things properly to cut down on these errors. Besides, if I'm going to publish screwy settings I'd prefer to argue that they are intentional handicaps, or simply one of those variables I can change a little just to see if the passes happen in a different sequence. But right now I'm working a lot harder than I need to in order to get that Clio into a winning position, it needs something to help with tight turns, and I'm not sure how to stop the spinning.

To use this Clio with R4 Tires drop the sport chip and use sport exhaust for 399HP.

Need to go, I'll clean up grammar later.

I wouldn't mind having it scripted as if cash wasn't an issue. It certainly isn't in my case, but I was just wondering if you even have a way to script it like that, or if I will have to wait for the limited script. Either way is fine, but it will obviously take a while if you plan on limiting the money. If you did it with unlimited Cr. you could probably do it faster, but I don't know if A) that's possible for you right now, or B) you wanted to allow people without the opportunity to get unlimited cash to get max B-Spec.

After a while my engine got worn in my test car and I had to buy another in order to get consistent results, so credits remains a bit of a concern, but doesn't really need to be. I decided to try again with a sportier model and have had some interesting results. I've got a scripted series, but only the 3rd race is fairly close, and it comes up 40 points shy of the B-2 goal at 2041 of 2081. The missing points are mostly machine points, and it's difficult to do better under the conditions of this race. I'd earn more points if I could win with harder tires, less downforce, and a slower pace (Gs appear to be bad for points), but these are difficult races under B-2 conditions.

Clio 375 B-Phase

Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03, 53720 Cr.
Change the Oil, 50 Cr.
Weight Reduction Level 3, 28700 Cr. for all 3 levels
Sport Exhaust, 1600 Cr.
Sport Chip, 1500 Cr.
NA2, 12500 Cr.
Port Polish, 5500 Cr.
Racing Medium (R3) Tires, 22500 Cr.
Racing Brakes, 4700 Cr.
Brake Controller, 10600 Cr.
Racing Suspension, 17000 Cr.
Triple Clutch, 4700 Cr.
Racing Flywheel, 1050 Cr.
Wing (+7 Total Downforce), 1200 Cr.
*Ballast Weight of 9 or more to stay within the B-2 subclass

Total for Clio 375 B-Phase: 165320 Cr.

I was after a better tuned vehicle, so I did a little research for Clio setups, but didn't find what I was hoping to learn. Most of the setups are for max upgrades and human drivers. What works well for humans apparently doesn't always apply to the B-spec driver. But I did find reference to people complaining about the balancing of the vehicle, so I decided to run a few tests.

Stage 1: Balancing

This test was conducted on my older version Clio 387; a Clio 375 with Racing Exhaust, no wing, and 13 ballast. The B-2 points had already been collected so the competition wasn't that difficult. Motegi was providing the most obvious handling problems so the race was run on Cruise, and the goal was to win. I think I may have been using a reduced ride height while testing, but for the most part all setting were default. I moved the ballast back and moved it forward and when I got close to 46 (+ or - 2) I found a nice little sweet spot that the B-spec driver was particularly happy with. Moving the weight forwards or backward, or adding or cutting a little weight, provide a method of altering the variables of the race without a significant difference in the over all performance of this vehicle.

Backtrack a little: I'm guessing at these tuning values, making changes, and noting differences in performance. I find it very helpful to view the races in 3rd and 1st person so I can observer the difficulties in road conditions, and listen for when the computer assists are cutting power, at least I think that's what I'm listening to. When the tires screech too much the engine pitch will drop. If the turn is taken under control the engine maintains a slightly higher pitch, and is much more responsive when power is reapplied. Anyway, it appears that the car can be balanced to that the driver is much happier with the handling. He eventually won the race.

Stage 2 - Testing Downforce

The race I was most concerned about was Deep Forest, so that was the location for the next step in tuning. I tried some versions of the Clio with less power and more downforce (the Clio 354 has 24 total downforce with 13 ballast (maybe a little less), but the Clio 375 out performed them on all tests. Besides, the sport parts are less expensive. Next time I might try adding just a bit more ballast until I can get another notch of downforce; 7 didn't give me much to play with and the odd number prevents me from running it flat.

Stage 3 - Custom Suspension

Sometimes I can adjust the ride height without throwing off the balance achieved by the previous tests, and I was able to cause a little extra understeer by messing with the shock bound, but for the most part the driver seems to prefer the default settings. The testing wasn't going well, so I went on to racing to see if what I had was enough to win.

Clio Trophy B-2 Test Script (doesn't finish the points)

B-spec driver with 0 B-2 points and all B class points on the tracks used in the championship series.
Clio 375 B-Phase described above. The only settings that will be modified are;
Ride Height; listed as Ride 111 111
Shock (Bound); listed as Bound 8 8
Downforce; front and rear listed as Wing 2 5
Weight Balance; Ballast and Balance listed as Weight 13 -47

France, Renault, One-make Races, Clio Trophy, Enter Series.
Always check the settings, turn on overtake, and set the pace.
Point totals listed are starting at 939 from the Crossfire B-1 Script.
  • Suzuka Circuit, 3 Laps, 10000 Cr.
    Ride 111 111, Bound 8 8, Wing 2 5, Weight 13 -47, Fast
    +3.454, 6'51.117, B-spec=1842 +903
  • Motegi Road Course, 3 Laps, 10000 Cr.
    Ride 111 111, Bound 8 8, Wing 3 5, Weight 10 -47, Steady
    +7.052, 8'50.105, B-spec=1960 +118
  • Tsukuba Circuit, 7 Laps, 10000 Cr.
    Ride 111 111, Bound 8 8, Wing 2 5, Weight 10 -47, Fast
    +0.538, 7'03.659, B-spec=1989 +29
  • Deep Forest Normal, 4 Laps, 10000 Cr.
    Ride 113 113, Bound 7 7, Wing 2 5, Weight 10 -47, Fast
    +2.207, 5'45.682, B-spec=2007 +18
  • El Capitan Reverse, 3 Laps, 10000 Cr.
    Ride 115 115, Bound 8 8, Wing 0 7, Weight 9 -46, Steady
    +4.618, 7'55.585, B-spec=2041 +34
Win Clio Trophy, 50000 Cr.
Win 5 Races, 50000 Cr.
Sell Clio Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00 for 95624 Cr.
Total 195624 Cr.
This B-2 test script didn't get the points I was hoping for from the later races. I suspect most of the problem is the lack of machine points because I'm using the wing and racing tires. Still, I got more points than I was expecting. I'm hoping that the "well balanced" machine the B-spec driver is so happy with will lead to more machine points. My previous test with slightly better races only led to 40 more points at the end of the 1st series. I'm hoping some better races will lead to a higher point total, but it's difficult to get the timing correct. One slight adjustment can have a drastic affect on end of a seven minute race.

The Clio 375 B-Phase performed very well. Most of the time the problem was keeping it from running away with the race. I found it difficult to use these limited resource to make any kind of predictable adjustment that would lead to a close finish. However, it didn't take long to find something that could win the race. It was mostly a matter of adjusting the weight balance until the timing of the passes synced up correctly, and then adjusting the downforce to improve performance for the conditions of that course. The rough road conditions of Deep Forest and El Capitan led me to lift the ride height so the bumps weren't such a problem. The Shock Bound adjustment for Deep Forest was an attempt to deal with the bump the last corner before the finish line.

With this information in mind I'm going to start over again with the Crossfire and then only run the races I need to get fix up my Clio. Hopefully I'll be able to find a path that leads to 2081 after the end of the series, but I'm not optimistic. However, if I can get just a few more points then I should be able to finish up with a the next Suzuka Race, which is on the schedule anyway.

Does anyone else want to try scripting some races? I'm having fun with the floating point collection, but I'm not sure I want to continue much beyond the 1st hard milestone at 7375. I've always been curious how many of the 10000 points I could collect without entering family cups. Also, I'm not really sure what I'm trying to script once the points are collected. A close race is interesting, but how about something more challenging? Once the B-2 floating points are collected the Clio series will be far too easy with the Clio 375 B-Phase. Currently this is a 10 point A-spec race, but I'm sure he could do better. I need to keep the vehicle near max for the floating points, but after that we can try to up the A-spec point value.

Hi guys.
Finally, Japanese Author found a way to find out missing b-spec points!
http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/findoute.html

It's so interesting!

yunx2, New Member, Joined: Jan 18 2008

Japanese Version, B-spec for Gran Turismo 4. Published 2008/01/18

On Jan 22 and 23 I post my report on the Find Out method noting differences between versions.

Linked Article, A way to find out missing B-spec points, updated 2008/01/26 with new information on version differences.

Yes, very interesting indeed. I think we may finally have a name for our Japanese Author.

Success - I hope. I've got a complete script from B-spec 0/0/0/0 to B-spec 7375/100/73/73, the 1st Hard Milestone at 7000 Floating Points with completed 29 tracks. At triple speed it takes about 5 hours to collect all the floating points while also earning the credits to buy cars and upgrades, and another 40 minutes to finish off 9 more tracks to round out the fractions. The script assumes that the player can import 100,000 credits from a GT3 save, and has a GT4 save available with a Ginetta G4 that can be traded. The plan is to rework the A-1 collection into something that earns the Ginetta for the B-2 collection on a 10,000 credit script.

Anyway, the main problem now is trying to convert the spreadsheet with all my notes into a format compatible with GTPlanet's editor. Would a new topic be appropriate, or should I post my draft here for testing and clarification?

For now just posting the excel file would work.
Are you planning on scripting the rest of the points? I would be interested in it.

New thread? I think we could make valid use of a B-spec sub-forum.

Does the script take enough game days to even unlock all tracks?

I'm not sure how to proceed with the rest of the tracks. I lost count of the total races scripted so far. The 7375 test script is completed in 95 days, but many of these days are used to buy,win, or sell cars, and I've also included a day to buy new tires for the One-Make cars to make mine more recognizable when all the cars look the same. So no, all tracks are definitely not unlocked. However, my current strategy is to avoid the Family Cups for as long as possible. Access to the tracks is granted to the B-spec driver through race events. Since the B-spec driver already has all the licenses (I don't have any, which often prevents me from accidentally entering the race in A-spec), my restrictions are the game completion requirements for unlocking the Endurance and Professional Events. I'm curious how many points I can collect without entering the Family Cups, so this is where I am likely to put my efforts. Maybe, I tend to get bored with the track points; the floating points have always been more interesting to me.

203 More Tracks. I don't really want to script each of these by myself. The idea is to provide a reliable method to reach the hard milestone, then save one track short at 7361 - leave the Special Color Triumph for later. Then I can test single races for perfection. When I have a set of 29 perfect races then I can complete those races and save one short of the next hard milestone. Hopefully other people will take an interest in B-spec scripting and post sets of 29 other confirmed races; Enter Race X with Car Y, Time A = just collected all points, Time B = track is confirmed as complete, Time C = you've got a sticky point so use Car Z to get it. Or for people with a known point collection: enter Series X with Car Y; if the next race has all track points then use Setting A, if the track has been completed then use Setting B.

But I'm more likely to start over again with 0/0/0/0. I was too tired to compose last night, but I was enthusiastic enough to try out my idea for a plan starting without the imported GT3 credits or traded Ginetta G4. The test went quite well. The used Cappuccino '01 left me enough money to get a Turbo 1, and that was enough to win the Beginner Course in the Beginner Hall K-Car race (7 laps on Push; the low skill level slows him down a bit). That got me enough points to and credits to win the Tsukuba Suzuki K-Car One-make Race for 5000 a pop, and 6 races earns the credits required to purchase the Triumph to finish off the points on El Capitan. 2 More K-Car races win the Ginetta, and then I should be able to start using the test script to finish off the points. This strategy adds a couple of tracks to the Floating Point Script, so the point progressing will be different; and for some reason some of the races may need to be adjusted - I had a few surprises when I started with A-1 instead of B-1.

But anyway, I'd best get busy working up my documentation.

Thanks for everything I am in process of trying to get B-Spec "Bob" to drive better. Still needs some work, so went looking for the answers and tips and this thread is priceless!

Thanks for Sportwagon, Orion and others for doing the work.

As it stands I started with -

7698/97/77/75

I did Nur once each with the cars mentioned using the JP method. I believe I got all of the A-1 Points from the Lupo because I sold it, for the Nissan to use elsewhere. Otherwise I ran the other cars just once.

8377/98/84/83

Then I went and tried some of the other World tracks, City Tracks and Original tracks.

Now I stand at 8664/99/86/86

I didn't keep track of all the points, not really serious about max B-spec points, just want Bob to drive better so I can leave him alone for long race (already one Roadster 4 hour race, never touched it, won by 2 laps using stock MX-5 RS 1800 '01)

Also won nice race at Toyko 246 on white flag lap, passed 1st and 2nd place as they were battling on the OUTSIDE and out braked them both! Cruised to a 1.5 MOV, Go Bob, Go!

Orion_SR

With all your current work on scripting, I was wondering whether the HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 is useful at all, for its apparently good power-to-cost ratio. 552bhp for Cr31870.

Or, since it's not a race-mod, does it tend to be overclassed and therefore not able to perform reliably enough to obtain all the B-spec points for which it is eligible? (And/or perhaps a prize becomes available which is in the same B-spec classes).

Orion_SR

With all your current work on scripting, I was wondering whether the HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 is useful at all, for its apparently good power-to-cost ratio. 552bhp for Cr31870.

Or, since it's not a race-mod, does it tend to be overclassed and therefore not able to perform reliably enough to obtain all the B-spec points for which it is eligible? (And/or perhaps a prize becomes available which is in the same B-spec classes).

No, not yet. But I've go my eye on that vehicle. At one point I tested it for admittance to... Hot Hatch maybe?, but it was denied as a non-production vehicle. I'm about at the end of my selection of good championships. The few remaining series only have a track or two with points so I'm contemplating the best way to clear the tracks and free up a Zero Point series.

So next on the agenda would be single-model 1 make races since fewer restarts are required. I need another 5% to open the endurance races, and I'm a long ways from opening the extreme events since I've been ignoring all of the required single races.

Can you suggest any races where the HPA would be appropriate? My current strategy is to use 1 "buyable" car for 1 series and to chose a vehicle that is appropriate for the race. I bought a car from Tuner Village for the Tuner races, and a JGTC car for the All Japan GT races even though I've got prize cars that would do the job nicely. I'm also trying to select vehicles I haven't used before (Seat Ibiza Cupra, HKS Genki Hyper Silvia), but often resort to many of the favored vehicles (Chaparral 2J Race Car, Toyota Wedssport Celica).

When the tracks thin out I'll need to start working on methods to wiggle the points out of tracks that don't naturally provide opportunities for that class of vehicle. The RAM will certainly come in handy for A points on fast tracks, I'm not sure if it will scale to class B or not. Do the other trucks have similar properties? I read they sometimes do, but didn't trust the source.

Qualifying for points isn't much of a problem for track points. All that emphasis on racing a car with maximum potential appears to be limited to floating points. The Opel Speedster collects all the A track points with only new oil; add a sports exhaust and it easy collects the B track points.

Thanks for the tip on HPA in the Motegi 8 hour endurance race. My driver just finished his 1st pit and is still 10 seconds ahead of the Opera Performance 350Z which has yet to make it's 1st pit stop. The HPA is definitely appropriate against the Tuner competition presented in this race. I was looking for something that would make a good disposable endurance racer. I've been burning up my WedsSport in order to get through the Sports Tire class enduros but it's an expensive overkill for many of these races. The HPA might make a suitable replacement. 32k + tires, weight reduction, a wing, and a 90k turbo should make a powerful and cheap burn it up and throw it away vehicle. If it can win the El Capitan 200 mile race without much difficulties then I'm all set.

I'm currently sitting at Milestone 8500. The Endurance Hall opened 1 race before I reached my mark, and I was just about out of cash at the time. During the latest collection of mostly Single Races I forced the SL 65 AMG into Class D in order zero out a few more tracks. I can't race Grand Valley, Tsukuba 9h, or either Sarthe, but everything else is open without points.

And thanks for the links on the A-spec point races. I've used these lists on occasion, but never learned to do the math to predict the B-spec value of upgrades. For the most part I've practiced the basic principles but it's still a trial and error process. Fortunately the track points aren't picky about tuning. However, now that I'm into single races and trying to predict the B-spec class and upgrade potential of various vehicle I've never practiced tuning for B-spec, the A-spec list are definitely coming in very handy. So thanks again for the reminder.

Update: The drawback to the default + S1 HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04 as an endurance vehicle is that it burns through tires. It's fast enough that pitting at a rate of 3 to 2 isn't hurting him too badly, but still, that's an awful lot of resets back to 3x speed. Perhaps lightening the load and reducing the pace will help a bit. I think he must have ditched somewhere in the 1st hour because somehow he got behind the Opera 350Z and I don't think pitting was the problem. It looks like he'll finish with only a 1 or 2 lap lead on the Opera 350Z, so it's not really an overkill vehicle, but I wouldn't mind working to get something a bit closer.

Long-and-short of the truck A-spec points, is that while the base value of the RAM is down among the Kei cars, the other trucks are much higher. I've not analyzed them precisely, so maybe they are ranked slightly low. (You know the RAM is really unusual because it gets 200pts easily even in the truck series).

Perhaps there was no Opera 350Z when I did the race. (The game's like that, isn't it?) I'm really unsure what tires I used. Likely S1's.

According to the A-spec Point Data charts, the RAM is listed as very low A-1. If your A-1 Family Cup collector isn't strong enough the RAM has a tendency to end up messing up the race.

The Chevrolet SSR is listed as a fairly high A-2 vehicle. I suspect I can upgrade it a little and still remain in the A-2 subclass. This might make an interesting choice for the Spider Roadster races.

The Ford SVT F-150 Lightning is right at the line where I've drawn my A-2/B-1 separator. It just might be in the A-2 subclass with the Opel Speedster, but I'll need to check while I've still got A and B points to test against.

The Toyota Tacoma X-Runner is just a bit higher than the F-150, but probably at the bottom of the B-1 list instead of top of the A-2 list. Again, I'll need to check to be sure.

The Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept is in the middle of the B-1 subclass near the 350Z Roadster and RX-8 Type S. I'm not sure there is any advantage to driving this vehicle.

On the other hand, I could also use a good vehicle or two that perform very poorly for their classes. I often have the unusual problem of trying to keep a vehicle I've forced into the next higher point class to drive slowly enough to collect all the battle points in a single race. I had my D class SL 65 AMG set with a transmission setting of Auto 1 and still had trouble keeping him in the pack long enough. Fortunately I saved that race for the 29th in the milestone collection so I had confirmation of all the fractions without a great deal of worry.

The HPA came in very handy as a C class racer in the 4WD event. The B points tend to get cleaned up fairly naturally so the trick is often to get an A or C class car into a B class event and still win or have a competitive race.

I've been probing the limits of the B-spec class ranges and comparing the results against the A-spec Car Charts. I've been able to scoot the A/B dividing line so that a new and oiled Audi S3 '02 is at the top of the A Class car list at 0966. If I understand the chart correctly an oiled S3 should have a little more potential than the 0966 reported by the chart.

I've started to apply some of the math presented by the A-spec data, but this has been limited to changing the tires from default to something more suitable for the race. So far all predictions have worked out as expected. Unfortunately, the tire conversions appear to be the only formulas that apply.

The B/C dividing line has been adjusted down a little so that an oiled Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JGTC) '01 is at the top of the B Class car list at 1236. The AC Cars 427 S/C '66 is at the bottom of the C Class list at 1244.

I always hoped to be able to use the classic Audi Quattro '82 for something, and lamented that licensing prevented the inclusion of a Rally Car version. At Cr90,360 it's not cheap, however.

The attitude of my B-spec driver is much improved today. Ever since he unlocked the endurance races at milestone 8500 he's been driving pretty much non-stop. He had accumulated close to 10 million in prize credits before we went shopping for cars to use in the Beginner and Professional Events. Now we're down to a little over a 1.5 million, but he's finally decided on his favorite vehicles for each event.

All cars are oiled and use default setting unless specified otherwise.

Sunday Cup - Lotus Elise 111R '04: 54,410 Cr. Cruising for some easy B points

FF Challenge - Spoon Civic Type R (EK) '00: 75,000 Cr. I only need B points from Mid-field, otherwise the easy win is nice.
Alternate: Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03: 36,530 Cr. Waiting in the wings to collect A points from Grand Valley East Normal when I need it. S3 Tires added.

FR Challenge - Dodge Viper SRT-10: 84,880 Cr. A natural low C class car. Performs well for it's class and is much less expensive than most other vehicles in this power range (also see HPA).

4WD Challenge - HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04: 31,870 Cr. More powerful than is required for this race, but I need the C class points from some of these tracks.
Alternate - Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04: 37,930 Cr. I've already upgraded a RAM for the Sports Truck Race. This truck will collect A points from a couple of tracks when I need them.

MR Challenge - Ford GT '05 (striped): 149,880 Cr. Out performs much more expensive vehicles in the same class - a nature C Class vehicle (looks like a high C-1 vehicle).

Spider & Roadster - AC Cars 427 S/C '66: 423,200 Cr. Just over the C class line, and much more powerful than is needed. I only need C point from one track.
Alternate - Opel Speedster '00: I'm just a half second off from coaxing him into a win for some A points. I'm not sure how the Speedster in the race is performing so well.

Clubman Cup - Spyker C8 Laviolette '02: 254,660 Cr. Just what I was hoping for - a C Class vehicle that under-performs. The other C vehicles kept blasting away the competition.

Race of NA Sports - Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3: 631,680 Cr. Most of the C class NA cars had a lot of trouble with Infineon. The C12 S puts on a great race at SSR5 reverse, but doesn't win the other races. I'm only collecting C points from SSR4 rev in this series.

Race of Turbo Sports - Jaguar XJ220 '92: 749,140 Cr. I only want C track points from High-Speed Ring on this series, but I'm not having the best of luck getting a balanced race. It's either a win after 1 lap or not at all with anything I try. Should be good enough for all the points though. I like watching this car so it's nice when credits aren't much of a concern.

Boxer Spirit - RUF RGT '00: 143,250 (+racing chip and racing exhaust) Skipping the 2nd and 4th lineup and using this very high B class car let me sneak in a few wins and avoid collecting any C track points for this series.

World Classics - AC Cars 427 S/C '66: 423,200 Cr. The Shelby Cobra wouldn't take on the track, so I resused the AC Cars, and skipped a few lineups so I wouldn't have any competition (4th lineup is the easy one). No points needed from this series, but I've got to complete it to unlock the other events.

Supercar Festival - TVR Cerbera Speed 12: 259,970 Cr. (add S3 Tires, Max Wing, Brake Controller, and Supercharger). Tough to keep him off the wall in New York, but he has enough of a lead to recover. The Speed 12 is a D class racer right out of the box, and I want the D points from Mid-Field Reverse.

Gran Turismo World Championship - not sure yet. They won't let me in to test the races. I'm thinking of buying a top quality race car for for this series, but I don't think I've ever bought a new race car, I usually use the cars I win. I'm considering the Pescarolo Playstation C60 '04 for 4.5 million. I seem to remember reading several recommendations for this race car, and have a vague memory that it's very good on tire wear. Do you think I'd be disappointed dropping a wad on this car? Care to recommend something else I can buy?

Added: I forgot the races I had alrealy completed.

K-Cup - Used Suzuki Cappuccino (+upgrades). Class A
Sport Truck Race - Dodge RAM Laramie (+upgrades) Class A
Tuning Car Grand Prix - HKS Hyper Silvia RS2 (D1GP) '04: 200,000 Cr. Because it has the "team wheels" I've been putting on my B-spec cars. (+upgrades) Class C.
World Compact Car Race: Opel Speedster '00: 44,690 Cr. A top performing Class A vehicle. I still need to run some tests to compare the performance with the Audi S3 '02, an A Class car rated slightly higher than the Speedster.

Have you won the El Capitan Enduro yet? That prize (Motorola Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89) is what a lot of people use for the GT World Championship, I believe. But, of course, most people will at least qualify some races. It's a bit too clumsy to be able to win from sixth, I think. Mazda 787B?

Yes, many times. My WedsSport when straight into El Capitan as soon as I had 8500 locked up. I had over a dozen Minoltas in my garage before I started selling things off to buy new race cars. The Minolta took care of all the high powered endurance races and the WedsSport banged out the enduros requiring Sports Tires. I entered the Minolta in Fuji (3rd lineup) to pick up the Nissan R92CP, which I always preferred to the Minolta. I had half a dozen of them for a while also.

I decided to buy 3 race cars, the Mazda 787B, the BMW V12 LMR Race Car, and the Pescarolo Playstation C60. The primary factors for choosing these vehicles is low tire wear from non-prize cars. I suppose I could have held off on the 787B until the black cars are available, but credits shouldn't be much of a concern soon enough. However, I got to the end of my collection and needed to buy 1 more car for Sarthe II in the Dream Car series, but I had a little under 1 million to work with after buying all 3 race cars. I wasn't having any luck finding an LM Race car available for purchase, just an S2000 and it seemed a bit weak. So I took a trip down-under and picked up the Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car for only 500,000, added some soft tires and a giant turbo, and still had to open the transmission a couple of notches to finally pass and hold the lead against that Zonda LM on Sarthe. Still, it got the job done. No doubt about the battle points in that race.

The PlayStation C60 worked out nicely for the World Championship, although I stacked the deck by selecting the 7th lineup against a Jag, Playstation, BMW V12, and... traffic. What I like about the PlayStation is the ability to compete against the Pit Monsters on tires, or go up against the power house cars with a turbo upgrade. Unlike the other top race cars I've looked at, the Playstation has 2 turbo upgrades so I suspect it will prove to be highly configurable, but for my 1st shot at B-scripting these races managed to win each race with the Turbo 4 and lots of tire swapping to get the pit schedule to work out in my favor. Now that I've cleaned up the points I might take another shot at this series with a more competitive lineup. Note that in some races harder tires are used to slow him down a little and make the race more interesting.

Code:
Gran Turismo World Championship             F  R   Playstation C60 +Turbo 4
  Tokyo Route 246 Normal (10 Laps)          R3 R3  Cruise
  Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway (21 Laps) R3 R3  Cruise
  Hong Kong Normal (18 Laps)                R4 R3  Steady  OIL
  Seoul Central Reverse (19 Laps)           R5 R4  Steady  D points
  El Capitan Normal (11 Laps)               R3 R2  Steady  
  New York Normal (15 Laps)                 R3 R3  Steady  OIL
  Opera Paris Reverse (18 Laps)             R4 R3  Steady  D points
  Suzuka Circuit (9 Laps)                   R4 R3  Steady  OIL
  Grand Valley Speedway Reverse (11 Laps)   R3 R2  Steady  D points
  Circuit de la Sarthe I (4 Laps)           R3 R2  Steady  D points
I met my goal of completing all Beginner and Professional Events in under 29 tracks, and had enough slack to collect the track points from my 4 remaining endurance races. I confirmed the collection at milestone 8875, then reset to 8861 so I can probe the single races more carefully. As the points start to thin out I'm having to work a little harder to get the points I need out of each track, and I want to be confident that I'm not dropping any fractions this deep in the collection.

I keep forgetting to bring this up, but I've noticed several notes about the Rigidity Refresher Plan and Body Stiffening from the Japanese Author that never made sense until recently. I've never really worried about these features much, but they really seem to help maintain consistent performance. In a long series I want to make sure the end races turn out the way they were tested, so I change the oil a lot, and invest in the rigidity plan for cars used in long races. I would strongly suggest that anyone collecting points from Family Cup races either buy a new car or pay the 50k to keep the car in top condition.

Sweet. This is where the A-spec math is particularly useful. I want to win the BMW 1 Series Trophy with an A Class vehicle. I've made notes on the GT4 Car Value - Value Order List and have the this entry marked as the top Class A vehicle.

0936 0966 2002 Audi S3

The vehicles allowed in this race are:

0869 0897 2004 BMW 120i
0907 0936 2004 BMW 120d

Either vehicle can be upgraded a little and remain an A Class vehicle, but there isn't a set formula for how much power can be added or weight removed so an easy place to start is with the tire chart.

Wild Cobra Z28
From S2 to:
N1 0.928
N2 0.9503
N3 0.9709
S1 0.9903
S2 1.0000
S3 1.0091
R1 1.0269
R2 1.0434
R3 1.0594
R4 1.0743
R5 1.0891

BMW 120d 0936 * R1 1.0269 = 961.1784
Safely Class A, but no room for anything else, and he isn't that competitive.

BMW 120i 0897 * R3 1.0594 = 950.2818
BMW 120i 0897 * R4 1.0743 = 963.6471
A winner for all A points on Infineon Sports and Grand Valley Normal.

The R3s almost did the trick by themselves, so I added a sports clutch and sports flywheel to put him safely over the top. I still had to run him on Fast but there wasn't much danger that a 120i would slide off the road when equipped with medium racing tires.

BTW, I tried using your Audi Quattro '82 in Schwarzwald Liga A for B points on Opera reverse, but I couldn't quite get him to pass and hold the lead, and it was taking far too many modification to get the job done. I ended up running a Z4 with minor upgrades instead. Sorry, I'll keep looking for a good job for this vehicle.

Check B-spec Category by A-spec Point Value
we can check B-spec category by A-spec point
http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/english/category_0.html

* B-spec category is decided by car performance, tuning, setting, distortion by the mileage, oil performance and so on.
Therefore, if we enter the specific race, we can check the car's category by A-spec Point.

This will be difficult for me to verify with my current saves as I don't have any licenses. The data provided seems to correspond to my experience that the B-spec subclasses have a finer resolution than the A-spec point value, but it seems reasonable to assume that more points than a set standard would indicate a lower class value, and the other way around. However, to find the maximum B-spec class potential of a vehicle would still require a bit of experimentation. A vehicle can be on either side of the subclass line and still receive the same A-spec points.

B-spec Category is adopted while entering the race.
B-spec Category when entering the race is adopted.
http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/english/category_4.html

Experiments by the Japanese Author indicate that the B-spec points are set when you enter the race. You can then enter the setting menu and make modifications and earn points from the inital B-spec class of the vehicle. The experiment was conducted so that lots of floating points were collected if the car crossed into the A-2 subclass. I'm curious if the method will work for only track points.

Update: This method is not working during my initial experiments with Track Points. The track points received are appropriate for the vehicle setting used when B-spec Mode is selected from the Race Menu.

Index of GT4 B-spec Information
About GT4 B-spec
- for GT4 Japanese version (translation from Japanese) -
http://www.geocities.jp/j8ba7yrg/gt4/english/index.html

________________________​

This information will certainly be useful in my current project. I just reached milestone 9250 (-14) and it is becoming more difficult to protect my win record and continue to collect track points from standard events. If this method works the way I hope it will I should be able to win a few more races for A class points by upgrading late, and avoid winning by too much and dropping stray fractions by downgrading the D class car I have forced into a B class race.

B-spec Track Points - Experiment with Changing Settings During the Race

In the case of Hyundai Tiburon GT '01

Test 1: Hyundai Sports Festival - Seoul Central Normal

At Home: default, oil change, +S3 Tires = Class A-2
B-spec: 9236 (9250 - 14)

Enter the race: default, oil change, +S3 Tires = Class A-2

In the Race: default, oil change, +S3 Tires = Class A-2
Pace = Steady, 6th Place
Increase A Class Track Points, +14, 9250

Test 2: Hyundai Sports Festival - Seoul Central Normal

At Home: default, oil change, +S3 Tires = Class A-2
B-spec: 9236 (9250 - 14)

Enter the race: default, oil change, +S3 Tires = Class A-2

Setting Screen in the Race: +R3 Tires, +NA2 = Class B-1(?)
Pace = Steady, 1st Place
Increase A Class Track Points, +0, 9236

Similar experiments with Family Cup Races and +10/-10 difficulty settings have similar results.

B-2/C-1 Testing of:

Top oiled car of B-2 subclass: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JGTC), oiled, default
Entered in Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Hard)
Against Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car '03
A-spec point value = 38 pts.
I was expecting a 37 from this car. 37 is the divided point value for this race.

Top oiled car of B-2 subclass: Nissan C-West Razo Silvia (JGTC), oiled, default
Entered in Special Condition Hall - Tsukuba Wet Race (Normal)
Against Saleen S7 '02
A-spec point value = 165 pts.
Again, I was expecting A-spec = 164 (divided), but perhaps this car has some more potential.

Lowest in the C-1 subclass: AC Cars 427 S/C, oiled, default
A-spec point value = 29 pts.

Okay, so far so good. Let's try something more finely tuned.

B-2 Preparation

Go to France, Renault, New Cars
Day 49: Buy a Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '02, 53720 Cr.

Go to the Renault Tune Shop

Buy and equip Racing Exhaust, 4800 Cr.
Buy and equip Racing Brakes, 4700 Cr.
Buy and equip Brake Controler, 10600 Cr.
Buy and equip NA Tuning: Stage 2 (NA2), 12500 Cr.
Buy and equip Port Polish, 5500 Cr.
Buy and equip Racing Chip, 1500 Cr.
Buy and equip Racing Suspension, 17000 Cr.
Buy and equip Clutch: Triple-plate (Triple Clutch), 4700 Cr.
Buy and equip Flywheel: Racing (Racing Fly), 1050 Cr.
Buy and equip Racing Tires: Medium (R3), 22500 Cr.
Buy Weight Reduction: Stage 1, 1200 Cr.
Buy Weight Reduction: Stage 2, 5500 Cr.
Buy Weight Reduction: Stage 3, 22000 Cr.

Change the Oil, 50 Cr.
Day 50: Buy nice looking wheels, 500 Cr.
Credits: 228

Parts Change/Setting

A ballast weight of at least 13 must be carried to remain in the B-2 subclass
Change the Weight Balance to 13 at -48 (Weight 13 -48)
The Weight doesn’t change, but is listed as a modification because it is not Weight 0 0

Top Tuning of B-2 subclass: Clio 387 described above
A-spec point value = 37 pts.
Sweet!

Top Tuning of B-2 subclass: Clio 387 described above
Entered in Special Condition Hall - Tsukuba Wet Race (Normal)
Against Saleen S7 '02
A-spec point value = 164 pts.

Retry races with:
Ballast = 0, 162 pts
Ballast = 2, 162 pts
Ballast = 3, 163 pts
Ballast = 7, 163 pts
Ballast = 8, 164 pts
Ballast = 13, 164 pts <= top of B-2 subclass
Ballast = 14, 165 pts

Well, the resolution appears to be much finer than most people will need. I'll be very happy if I can get within 5 ballast of maximum by swapping parts at the setting screen and retrying the races until I get the A-spec point value I'm after. This should really improve the speed and accuracy of the tuning process.

A-2/B-1 Testing of:

Top Tuning of A-2 subclass (tested against A and B track points)
Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
Default, oiled
Ballast Weight 4 = A-2
Ballast Weight 3 = B-1

Entered in Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Easy)
Against Renault 5 Turbo '80
A-spec point value = 26 pts. (verified)

Notes:
Ballast 7 27 pts
Ballast 6 26 pts
Ballast 4 26 pts <=A-2
Ballast 3 26 pts <=B-1
Ballast 1 26 pts
Ballast 0 25 pts

Top Tuning of A-2 subclass
Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
Default, oiled
Ballast Weight 4 = A-2
Ballast Weight 3 = B-1

Entered in Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Normal)
Against Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR *1
A-spec point value = 193 pts. (verified)

Notes:
Ballast 8 A-spec=194
Ballast 7 A-spec=193
Ballast 4 A-spec=193 <= A-2
Ballast 3 A-spec=193 <= B-1
Ballast 2 A-spec=192

*1 NTSC (North American) Version
Lineups for Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Normal)
Lineup 1 Mitsubishi Starion 4WD Rally Car '84 A-spec=200
Lineup 2 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV RS T.M.E. A-spec=196
Lineup 3 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04 A-spec=193

Alternately: Go directly from the Renault 5 Turbo in Rally d' Umbria (Easy) to Rally d' Umbria (Normal) without resetting.

2nd Top Tuning of A-2 subclass (tested against A and B track points)
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS '03
Default, oiled
Ballast Weight 18 = A-2
Ballast Weight 17 = B-1

Entered in Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Easy)
Against Renault 5 Turbo '80
A-spec point value = 26 pts. (verified)

2nd Top Tuning of A-2 subclass
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS '03
Default, oiled
Ballast Weight 18 = A-2
Ballast Weight 17 = B-1

Entered in Special Condition Hall - Rally d' Umbria (Normal)
Against Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR *1
A-spec point value = 193 pts. (verified)

And that's all I can concentrate on for tonight. I should be able to probe the C/D line tomorrow with my existing save combination. However, to probe the B-spec/A-spec lines between A-1/A-2, B-1/B-2, etc. will require a new save with some floating points to work with. The 110,000 credit plans should work nicely for getting a quick start on the A and B subclasses. It might take a while to accumulate the credits required to probe the C and D subclasses. However, so far everything is working out nicely with only a few modifications.

C-2/D-1 Testing of:

NTSC North American Lineups are not identical to the Japanese version.
Vehicle properties may also be different.
The method should work with minor adjustments to A-spec point values.

TRV Speed 12 '00
default, oil changed
N3 Tires

Tested for collection of class D track points.

Ballast 18 = C-2 (+0)
Ballast 17 = D-1 (+9)

*2 We reset PS2, load the game and enter the 2nd race after we entered and canceled the race of "Extreme Hall - Gran Turismo All Stars".
Extreme Hall - Dream Car Championship
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec-II '04
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01
Ford GT LM Race Car '02
A-spec = 73 pts.

Reverse the process:

Tune car for A-spec = 73 pts, then test for known track points.

Chaparrel 2D Race Car '67
default, oil changed

*2 We reset PS2, load the game and enter the 2nd race after we entered and canceled the race of "Extreme Hall - Gran Turismo All Stars".

Extreme Hall - Dream Car Championship
Ballast Weight 27 - 29 = 73 pts

Tested against Class D track points in a Family Cup race at Clubman Stage Route 5 Normal

Ballast 29 = C-2 (+0)
Ballast 28 = D-1 (+14)

Latest Posts

Back