Obutto cockpits arriving in USA November 7th

• Thread starter fitftw
  • 37 comments

fitftw

(Banned)
Rave2Grave
I've been checking every day hoping to see a change from their original Nov 15th date. Happiness is what I feel right now.

http://www.mainperformancepc.com/obutto

"The Obutto oZone Cockpit and accessories are arriving to the USA on November 7th, all Pre-Ordered units will be shipped next week! Pre-Order yours TODAY!"

I've been practicing with the Dual Shock, everything Off, Pro physics. Anyone else do this? It's almost impossible to do the Z06 on Daytona race. I should be much better when this comes.

Thanks for the heads up. I have sent them an email to make sure they give me a tracking number, just incase I have to be home to sign for it. Hopefully GT5 will soon follow. I am still hoping for Nov 23 GT5 release.

Am I missing something?

I bought my Obutto Ozone cockpit from the US (Obutto's US distributor is in Seattle, WA)

;)

When though? There was a change in the design (slight) and there was no US stock for some time.

Last year. I contacted them a few months back (Seattle distributor) to see about purchasing some parts, and possibly another Ozone (for using with a G27), and he said that wouldn't be a problem.

I ended up going with another option in the end.

What changes were made to the Ozone design. I didn't catch wind of that.

;)

I am not 100% sure on the changes, but I think part of it had to do with the screen mount.

As far as the US sales, at the time I ordered it in September, there was only one place in the US taking pre-orders, so I had to order through them and they got their shipment this week. I just got an email with tracking, so it will be here before GT5. I was kind of worried that I would be playing GT5 with my G25 attached to a portable card table for a couple of weeks, but then GT5was delayed, so I won't have to now (only positive I have found about the delay for me).

I am not 100% sure on the changes, but I think part of it had to do with the screen mount.

As far as the US sales, at the time I ordered it in September, there was only one place in the US taking pre-orders, so I had to order through them and they got their shipment this week. I just got an email with tracking, so it will be here before GT5. I was kind of worried that I would be playing GT5 with my G25 attached to a portable card table for a couple of weeks, but then GT5was delayed, so I won't have to now (only positive I have found about the delay for me).

I'm not sure of the changes either. I just got that in an e-mail from the US distributor. They said they were "slight" and mostly about some small angles and stuff, nothing noticeable.

I still haven't gotten my tracking number or e-mail or anything... hopefully mine ships tomorrow. As long as it's here before GT5 I'll be happy enough.

Very minor things like angle of some parts of the frame nothing noticeable from images really.

There is another version of the Obutto currently in design, but wont be in production for some time.

yeah I just want to get some practice in with gt5p. I hope it arrives by next Wednesday. Should have shipped today...

I don't have anything to practice with, but if it gets here soon enough I might buy GT5P for a couple weeks just to practice and get everything dialed in.

If it shipped today it'll be here Tuesday I think.

Today is a good day. I just called MainPerformancePC in the US to see why mine didn't ship yesterday. They said FedEx only had room on their truck for about half of the shipment, so the rest will go out today.

Today is a good day. I just called MainPerformancePC in the US to see why mine didn't ship yesterday. They said FedEx only had room on their truck for about half of the shipment, so the rest will go out today.

They should have put ours together since you are in NC and I'm in TN. Mine says it should be here Nov 17, one week before GT5 \o/

I just bought mine Yesterday.

I think the change that was made, was to the way the screen mounts. Something with the screen.

Yes $95 for shipping, hurtful, but still one of the best options for the price point.

Post pictures when you get yours setup!

Mine will be here Friday.

As for the shipping charge, they're actually losing a little money on my shipping. The FedEx quote for mine is $104.

It's not cheap shipping 110lb things across the country.

damn I was just going to ask if anyone got theirs. I'm a 5 hour drive from the warehouse, so I'm hoping it gets here today or tomorrow...it really shouldn't take an entire week.

Mine is coming from Washington State. I think the company importing them is based on the East coast, but the shipment probably came from China and is being shipped from there.

bah humbug. I got my receipt from Main Performance PC just now, says it's being shipped tomorrow. Hopefully by Saturday dammit. I need to practice before GT5 comes out or else I'm going to be screwed spending the first few days just trying to beat Sunday Cup lol

Mine was shipped today, should be here Monday. Although I won't get to enjoy it until I get back from Vacation. DEC 1st..:)

I have mine:) You guys will like it. Hopefully they still wrap it in the foam strips...that stuff is endless to get off. I have a early model that I am moding the g25 pedals to mount hanging style..thinking welder is going to be needed.

So where do south Fla peeps go on vacation? Canada?:dopey: sorry..had to ask hope it is going to be a fun trip:tup:

We don't! lol. Its a 365 beach resort down here. Where else do I need to go? :)

But if you are referring to visiting my parents, well thats in North Carolina. Not much of a vacation, other than its cold and there are lots of trees. The real vacation is 10 days away from my wife and responsibilities.
👍

You will be coming right by me on your way if you are coming up 85 north..My grandparents lived in Kings Mountain,NC many good summers spent there. I just did a quick hanging pedal layout on the Obutto using angle steel and playing with the brake pedal spacing shimming it closer to me for easier heel toe action. I have the AP Brake mod and when you set it it brakes earlier than the stock pedal ie less travel. I will post up some pics after I get it sorted. I have just finished a floor tile project from my honey dew list and the race rig is tore down. Perfect time to finish the mods before I start racing again. Plus wife will let me play if the honey list is shorter:) got to hurry the 24 will be here soon...

I got mine as I was walking out the door this morning on my way to work, so I didn't get to open it or unwrap it. I now know what I will be doing after work LOL. Best part is, it is a day earlier than Fedex estimated. I should have a good solid week of GT5P with my new Obutto before GT5, yay!

awesome! I'm very bad at putting things together (unless it's car related) I hope the instructions don't confuse the hell out of me lol. I don't think the box will get through my apartment door. Might have to take it apart outside and carry the pieces in lol

awesome! I'm very bad at putting things together (unless it's car related) I hope the instructions don't confuse the hell out of me lol. I don't think the box will get through my apartment door. Might have to take it apart outside and carry the pieces in lol

I opened the box on my lunch break, and started unwrapping the pieces. HOLY CRAP, there is alot of bubble wrap to remove. I kinda of placed the pieces out, and it doesn't look over complicated. The instructions even say "This really isn't rocket science, so we will not over-complicate the instructions for you...or maybe we will" If you have atleast a 30" door opening, the box should fit. It went through my interior doors with no problem, and they are 32".

Quick update. I got mine all put together, and tried it for a few races last night, and I must say this thing is awesome. I don't have any experience with others, but it is very well built. Almost anything will beat a portable card table though LOL. I will try it out more thoroughly tonight, since I didn't much time with it last night because I had to replace my failing 60gb PS3 last night with a slim, and I was setting it up and transferring data for a big part of the night. I actually had to fix a YLOD yesterday on the 60gb, so that I could retrieve the data. I am 6'1" 225 lbs, and I fit in it with no problems.

Back