Ocean's 13

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 30 comments
  • 1,763 views
I am. Absolutely loved the first two. Both cool and funny (and with sexy guys added to the mix!!!)
 
Al Pacino is in it. Al Pacino was in Dick Tracy. Therefore, despite not really liking 12, I will see 13. Which is undoubtably the movie maker's plan, but I don't care.
 
Let it die... stop beating a dead horse.
 
I liked the first, got bored during the second and can't really remember much beyond the basic plot that Andy Garcia wan't them to give him his money back and it has Catherine Zeta Jones in it.
 
Yeah, I like O11 better than O12. Does anyone have the soundtracks to either movie? I've got the soundtrack for O12 and I love it.
 
The soundtracks for both movies were pretty good, I think my parents have em somewhere. Anyways I do plan on seeing the movie, I really liked the other two.
 
I've got O11 and O12 sitting on my TV stand right now, as they are two movies I like to watch over, and over again. For some reason I just love these kinds of movies, ones that you actually have to pay attention to get the most out of it.

I can't guarantee that I'll be at O13 the day it opens, but I'll sure as hell try to make opening weekend...
 
Yeah, I like O11 better than O12. Does anyone have the soundtracks to either movie? I've got the soundtrack for O12 and I love it.

I have both soundtracks and love them. Unfortunately the first one has talking over it which, although nice in places, is a bit annoying when you just want the music.
 
I'm going to try to see if I can be in Ocean's 22.
 
I have both soundtracks and love them. Unfortunately the first one has talking over it which, although nice in places, is a bit annoying when you just want the music.

The audio tracks from the movie that are layed on top of the songs are the songs composed just for the movie. I kinda like it, but hey, to each his own.
 
This looks like a MUCH better storyline then 12. 12 was really boring and really pitiful as a movie. The general concept was cool, but the execution was really boring.

I like the whole revenge thing. Especially since the crew has all the money they could need anyway. Thank God Julia Roberts isn't in it!:) Though I would've liked to have seen Catherine Zeta-Jones. :(
 
What the hell happened to the women!? I guess it was time for a change though. I loved 11 and 12 and still watch them all the time. I'll be in the theater to see 13 that first weekend.
 
Thank God Julia Roberts isn't in it!:) Though I would've liked to have seen Catherine Zeta-Jones. :(

x2. Can't stand Julia.
 
i cant wait to see ocean's 13. Loved O's11, O's 12 was good. The trailer doesnt say much so cant really say if it will be good or not. 1 Week Left :P
 
Personally, I thought Oceans 11 was a great film. However Oceans 12 was just terrible. It was perhaps the worst storyline i have seen from a high budget movie in some time. I mean what was with the dancing through the laser's bit, who on earth comes up with such a moronic ideas, such a poor attempt at a sequel has got me wondering weather I really want to risk the small sum of 5 pound to go and see the next one.

Of course i will have to since my girlfriend likes George Clooney:rolleyes:
 
both 11 and 12 are very slick smooth films. i just hope they continue that in 13. If they do, they'll have another corker of a movie!
 
I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but I really liked it. I'd definitely rate it better than the second movie, as there are many genuinely funny moments that just catch you off-guard, and still have me laughing many days later. It is clearly then, an Ocean's movie in look and demeanor, and still has you scratching your head throughout the movie.

...You've got to love the characters, the style, the music, and the story. Its just a perfect modern-day crime movie, and really makes me want to start acting and dressing like some of the stars in the film...

Of many awesome things:

- One liners
- Backstory
- Mexico
- Super Dave
- Chinese (and other foreign languages)
- Oprah
- A few other surprises...
 
I saw it.. I don't remember half of it though. Not seeing the first two before this one was a bad idea lol.
 
I completely forgot about this thread, haha. I loved the movie. Like YSSMAN, 13 was miles better than 12. I'd put it on par with 11. I'd really like to go see it again. I went and saw it on opening day around 2pm. They had it showing on one of the biggest screens in the theater, with the auditorium being able to sit around a few hundred people. I was surprised to see less than 50 people were in there after the movie. Oh well, it must have just been a bad time. I dunno about you YSSMAN, but I actually enjoyed the previews before the movie too. But that's an entirely different thread.
 
I thought Ocean's 12 single-handedly ruined the franshise, but this one saved it. Too bad that stupid French thief had to come back; guess Andy Garcia couldn't get anyone else to stand on a roof and hold a gun!
 
I thought it was fun - lighter than air to be sure, but a good time at the movies.
 
I dunno about you YSSMAN, but I actually enjoyed the previews before the movie too. But that's an entirely different thread.

The "I Am Legend" thing was awkward, and so too was the blatant rip-off of LOTR/The Chronic(icles of Narnia). But they may be worth seeing...

...The theater was fairly empty where I went too. Although, they had an usher come in and make a big deal about the DLP projector technology, but most of us just wanted to get to the movie...
 
I Am Legend, IMO looked pretty cool. I'm a big Will Smith fan though (don't shoot me!), and it's being directed by the same guy that did Constantine, so hopefully it won't be too bad.
 
I don't know about GTPers, but most people I know IRL can't stand Will Smith. I don't know why. I agree with you in that he's an excellent actor, wether it be comedy or drama.
 
x2. Can't stand Julia.

Same.

Saw it a few days ago. Just got a few questions:

- Before they needed Benedict's money who also subsequently came up with the idea of stealing the diamonds how were they going to make any money or get their money back after taking revenge on Bank?

- Why was it important that the super computer had to be knocked offline if all the wins in the casino were from unsuspecting people?
 
- Before they needed Benedict's money who also subsequently came up with the idea of stealing the diamonds how were they going to make any money or get their money back after taking revenge on Bank?

They weren't - they were just after revenge on behalf of Reuben. Bank broke the rules, and he should have known better. After all, he shook Sinatra's hand...

- Why was it important that the super computer had to be knocked offline if all the wins in the casino were from unsuspecting people?

So the sudden massive increase in winners due to [all the other little things they did, edited so there's no spoilers] wouldn't be detected. People didn't start winning big on the tables until the computer went down. By the time the computer was back up, it was too late.
 
Back