Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
EP Civic SI with an RSX front-end

r/AwesomeCarMods - RSX front end on a Civic (EP3)

Someone restored an Oldsmobile Omega SportOmega and gave it an AWD Saab 9-3 drivetrain swap.

exr3ng6krx9a1.jpg

Safari all the Porsches!

It's not bad, it's well done and a good colour for it, but comes across like something Richard Hammond would show up with for a Top Gear special.

EP Civic SI with an RSX front-end

Someone restored an Oldsmobile Omega SportOmega and gave it an AWD Saab 9-3 drivetrain swap.

exr3ng6krx9a1.jpg
I honestly like the RSX front end better than the stock front end. It works surprisingly well.

A lowered street truck with beefy all-terrain tires is not something I expected to see:
342481836_3593453567642108_3552099167375914672_n.jpg
Looks like ass, but I think those first gen wheels would look a treat on a standard second gen Blazer or even a ZR2.

They're the wrong wheels but I think the size is just right. I prefer blackwalls but they look like balloons in the standard size and would not suit the Caddy. I also appreciate the metal roof.

161858_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

161858_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
161858_Interior_Web.jpg

Things get really odd when you pop the hood.

161858_Engine_Web.jpg

That mill appears to be straight out of an early Lightning, albeit with a little bit of dress-up.

Fordillac
Would legit daily that, lol

Also, the 'Fordillac' name was used in the late 40s/early 50s when the ultimate hot rodding trick was swapping in a Cadillac OHV V8 into your Ford hot rod. How times have changed :dopey:

Would legit daily that, lol

Also, the 'Fordillac' name was used in the late 40s/early 50s when the ultimate hot rodding trick was swapping in a Cadillac OHV V8 into your Ford hot rod. How times have changed :dopey:
I love it but I think I'd keep and build the Olds. The gas block is a fine foundation and aluminum heads and intake would probably get it within 50lbs of the Windsor in addition to pumping up power. Plus 350hp from an Olds 350 feels a lot different than from a Chevy 350 by virtue of the shorter stroke, and the Lightning was originally...230hp?

I love it but I think I'd keep and build the Olds. The gas block is a fine foundation and aluminum heads and intake would probably get it within 50lbs of the Windsor in addition to pumping up power. Plus 350hp from an Olds 350 feels a lot different than from a Chevy 350 by virtue of the shorter stroke, and the Lightning was originally...230hp?
I mean, yeah, but it wouldn't be as freakish then haha

Last edited:
I'm on the fence. The wire wheels on it definitely aren't my thing, but they're not terrible in this size. Any bigger and I wouldn't hesitate to drop it in the questionable modifications thread.

K1W7PBQ0.vUc-XuOQp-(edit).jpg

I'm on the fence. The wire wheels on it definitely aren't my thing, but they're not terrible in this size. Any bigger and I wouldn't hesitate to drop it in the questionable modifications thread.

K1W7PBQ0.vUc-XuOQp-(edit).jpg
Wires on anything built after the mid sixties are definitely questionable.

This was built for the San Diego Police Department. Is it odd? Yes, but I absolutely love it. Lowriders will always be my favourite.

1708795786034.png

Bobbed Tacoma, which is odd enough, but it also has a shell.

DSC_1771.jpg

I wonder if the shell was originally intended for a double cab with its shorter bed or if the shell was shortened along with the bed.

Last edited:
Back