Off course areas undriftable / awful tire screech...

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 19 comments
United States
Iowa
Phreon
What was Polyphony thinking? These two things make drifting unbearable...

The one thing I didn't expect them to change was the tire sounds. It's now literately a screech...

Some of the best sections to drift are off course, now when you go off course you get traction control making these sections impossible to drift, regardless of grip settings.

Undriftable are the new off course areas for Willow Springs, the little area after the Dunlop tire at Tsukuba, mini section at Spa, wall section at Nurb GP/F, figure 8 at Daytona...

These are the only tracks I've checked so far, but I'm going to assume anything off course will result in automatic traction control.

Something needs to be done about these two things!

It needs to be disabled, at least have an option to turn it off in a specified drift lobby. Maybe have the option to turn off the wrong way warning in your personal options as well.

I feel your pain, I have it through a headset as well.

It's fine when racing and you get a bit of understeer or something, but Drifting is a whole different story.

I wear a nice headset so it all gets channled into my lovely ears.

Racing = Screeeeeeeeeeeeccchhhhhhhh
Cruising = ....
Turning = SCREEEEECCHHHH
Drifting = SCCHCCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I feel your pain also. Scared the distortion is going to kill my precious turtle beach's.

Wow this is the most disappointing news I've heard so far. I just got the game, and haven't tested any of this, but if what you say about drifting off track is true, that really blows.

Anyone tested the VDC section at GVS yet? Can you get out to the wall without TC coming on?

A lot of the off track sections were some of my favorites - same with the pit lanes...I hope those still work. I was really looking forward to searching all the new tracks for these kinds if sections too :(

I'm loving the Matterhorn tracks, but I'm not seeing a "freeroam" version, with all the layouts connected together. That would make one epic drift playground. PD teasing us again :lol:

Is the skidpad an exception to this? it seems to slide around pretty well

Yes, there are some exceptions to the issue. It just makes no sense to restrict so many good areas of the track because they aren't part of the main layout.

I feel your pain also. Scared the distortion is going to kill my precious turtle beach's.
Yeah my TB's are being maimed by my futile attempts. I was pretty good at drifting in GT5 but GT6 kicked my ass. I actually gave up because the sound isn't worth the effort.

Back