Official Formula 1

• Thread starter Gabkicks
  • 67 comments
That is unbelievably kickass................................................

Is it just me, or have we just witnessed BMW showing interest in LFS?? :drool:

BMW road cars! BMW road cars! BMW road cars! :D

*crosses fingers*...

woohoo5gv.gif

Who complained about lfs not having real cars?

Can't wait! :D

Edit: JV was known to be a racing sim fan, that's the way he prepared for most F1 tracks he didn't know back in 1996. I wonder if he ever was on lfs...

Wolfe2x7
That is unbelievably kickass................................................

Is it just me, or have we just witnessed BMW showing interest in LFS?? :drool:

BMW road cars! BMW road cars! BMW road cars! :D

*crosses fingers*...
sadly, its just the bmw sauber f1 team showing interest...it very unlikely that we will see bmw roadcars in lfs...

vladimir
sadly, its just the bmw sauber f1 team showing interest...it very unlikely that we will see bmw roadcars in lfs...

BMW Sauber is BMW. BMW purchased the team -- it's not like BMW-Williams where BMW was just the engine supplier.

Heheh the cmx viewer was released today along with a movie. so i'm already gonna start making some skins for the car :D

Wolfe2x7
BMW Sauber is BMW. BMW purchased the team -- it's not like BMW-Williams where BMW was just the engine supplier.
its still the motorsports department of bmw and not the m-gmbh or the bmw group...

in exchange for the car in lfs, intel and bmw sauber get lfs to use in their simulators...intel is greatly involved in there...
bmw won't just put their M5 in the game for fun...

vladimir
its still the motorsports department of bmw and not the m-gmbh or the bmw group...

in exchange for the car in lfs, intel and bmw sauber get lfs to use in their simulators...intel is greatly involved in there...
bmw won't just put their M5 in the game for fun...

I already know about the simulator at the BMW-Sauber-F1 museum at the Nurburgring, but that doesn't mean this has to end there.

BMW has shown increased interest in racing games these days, what with their GT4 1-series demo promotion, and their bid to have the M3 GTR be the star car of Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Yes, this is just the F1 team, but the F1 team is BMW. BMW owns and runs it as a manufacturer's team. With this cooperation between BMW-Sauber and the LFS dev. team, BMW has become aware of Live for Speed and what it's capable of. There's no telling what BMW might want to do with it, and there's no telling what other manufacturers or companies will do now that BMW-Sauber's F1 is in the game.

This could be bigger than you think.

in fact, i can't think of anything that i would like to see more than a few ///Ms myself, but i think its not going to happen...

nope i didnt make it. i think the guy who made it hasnt released it yet. its from the lfsforum's skin section.

Skins are easy to make...wonder who'll make a McLaren skin? That would be pretty hard.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't modern F1 cars have TCS and ABS? Does that mean LFS team will have to implement these features?

NSX-R
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't modern F1 cars have TCS and ABS? Does that mean LFS team will have to implement these features?

They do have traction control but not ABS. LFS does currently sort of have traction control, called "Throttle Help". It does limit wheelspin, but in the more powerful cars (F08 and GTRs) you can still get plenty of wheelspin, especially exiting tight turns. I believe there's also a brake help, but I've never used it.

Brake and throttle help options can be found in Options > Player.

edit: Something I'm thinking about now is that if the car is accurately modelled (and why shouldn't it be), we'll be able to find out exactly how much downforce modern F1 cars produce. I don't know if that information is available to the public (with any degree of accuracy anyway).

there are probably a few new features not mentioned that will be updated in the patch. i'm expecting new sounds for one of them.

I really wanted the full game, I'm so disappointed that moneybookers didn't allow 3rd party payments and just stole the money from my mums bank account, there's one annoying payment method...

Wolfe2x7,

if you want to have a another look at the lfs.net countdown page, there was a bmw badge that is now suddenly gone...now what does that tell us? bmw and bmw sauber is not one and the same. bmw still has nothing to do with lfs...

that hasnt been confirmed :P maybe the licensing is super specific and they havent recieved rights to use the bmw logo on their website yet.

http://www.intel.com/deutsch/racingtour/index.htm?iid=deuHPAGE+Main_Racing_tour

the intel racing tour...

intel is one of bmw sauber's main sponsors, it will tour throughout germany for one year with a set of simulators running the formula one car on LFS to promote intel's technology.

what do we make of this? its an intel idea...intel has come across LFS in the first place, not bmw or bmw sauber. most probably it is the result of the great work of joachim "vykos" fiess, who has contributed to LFS with some of the greatest PR that LFS has ever got like presenting it on major german TV channels and the biggest german game fair (the result being that 20% of lfs racers are german...).

the reason why we got the sauber bmw is just that sauber is the team sponsored by intel. bmw has nothing to do with it and we will most likely not see any bmw models in lfs in the future.

So let me get this straight is this new patch including the BMW Sauber F1 car and is being released tomorrow? Or are they both separate and that the Forumla 1 car will be released tomorrow and the patch to follow later on?

Back