*OFFICIAL* Gamecube talk thread

• Thread starter Silverzone
  • 59 comments
Yes I own one and if it wasn't for F-Zero GX it would be a huge dust mite.

I own the following games:

Metroid Prime
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader (boring game it's to hard...)
F-Zero GX

And that's it.. I'll probably buy Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5 and Mario Kart Double Dash when they become greatest hit's but until then I'll be using my PS2 WAY more. I own like 3 times as many games for that then my GC hehehe...

Oh and my brothers have a GC as well with Extreme G, SSBM, Pikmin, and Madden 2k1, or w/e.

I got SOul Caliber 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 battle recently. bought Sonic for 7$ from this one kid, and traded def Jam Vendetta for soul caliber

I was considering getting a GC for a while, soo cheap.

One thing i don't get is why Zelda is so popular. I didn't like SuperMetroid very much either. So the two biggest attractions for GC are irrelevant to me.

I got a Metroid version cube. Mariokart DD, Tony hawks 3, F zero, and of course Metroid. Don't have any more as a chum has loads already. The cube didn't really live up to my expectations though. Windwaker was supurb, as was SSB melee. Doesn't touch PS 2 at all. Sony you have nothing to fear, go forth and claim the computer game market. NO one stands in your way.

ZEE
I got a CUBE, I have these Games:

ROGUE SQUADRON
EXTREME G3 RACING
ROGUE LEADER
NBA LIVE 2003
SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE
F-ZERO GX

I cant wait for TWIN SNAKES, I only wish that the gamecube had more seroius titles, Nitnendo have lost a lot from go down the Kids Target Audience Route. :mischievous:

gamecube.png

Didn't that come out on PS1 about 5 years ago. I suppose you gotta start somewhere. Great game, bit too easy though

What goes down as the best Cube game to date? I'd personaly say Windwaker is my top 1 game, followed up by Metriod prime and mariokart DD in third.

Get a copy of Time splitters 2. Wicked FPS multi player fun. Compare cube textures and frame-rate to PS2 version and it becomes clear that the cube is a more powerful beasty. Same with Soul Calibur II. If only GT was multi platform eh?

Unfortunatley the Cube is being wasted. Nintendo need to buck up their ideas or risk losing the loyal followers that must be getting tired of the same old formula. Of course the continuation of Mario games is a must but there needs to be a fresh approach towards the N5 or whatever the name of their forthcoming console is.

F Zero was great, as was Zelda, Mario Kart and Sunshine. Metriod was superb but the most surprising title for me was Monkey ball 2. We don't even play the main game, just the party games. Monkey target is the best, but all the party games could come on their own disc and would still be worth the cash.

I haven't seen this question anywhere, so:

Why isn't there a GameCube forum?
If there's an X-Box forum and a PC gaming forum, why isn't there a GameCube forum?

And I have a black GameCube with:
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Smash Bros. Melee
THUG 2

Because about 3 people own gamecubes. ;)
Nahhh I'm kidding, my 8 year old sister has one...ho ho. It's a goog machine actually, games like smash bros make it worth having.

I think that game is totaly in 3D with gorgeous visuals. I would have preferred it in the traditional static background style. There is something about it that captures the eery feel of the city.

i got all three systems, play xbox for halo and burnout, ps2 for gt3 and sa and gamecube for zelda and metroid

and yes the loading times are much quicker....

The loading times are great on the Cube, but Ps 2 has Pes 4, GT4 (soon), MGS 3. More my kind of adult gaming. Claf have you finished Windwaker, or is it 4 swords that you are playing??

I own a Gamecube and the following games:

Zelda: WW
Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
Viewtiful Joe
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
LOTR:ROTK
Donkey Konga
Mario Golf

Might I also suggest that you guys get Mario Party 6. Very fun game.

I also plan on buying Mario Sunshine, and a cheap Mario Party game (maybe 4 or 5 if I can find it cheap).

I love my gamecube. It's never given me "dirty disk errors", all the games I have for it are must haves, and it feels more solid than the xbox or ps2. I know this because I dropped it down stairs. several times.

My games:

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4 (one of the best games I've ever played, on any system)
Eternal Darkness
MGS: Twin Snakes
Rogue Squadron
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Echoes
MarioKart Double Dash
SuperSmash Bros. Melee
Zelda collectors edition
Zelda: the windwaker
Prince of Persia
Beyond Good and Evil
James Bond Nightfire

Yeah, Gamecube has been proven to be more durable. Morgan Webb dropped all the systems out a window on Xplay and Gamecube held up the best. I have lots of games now for my cube. best is Timesplitters 2 and XIII. I am a big FPS guy. And I am currently playing Red Faction 2 which i rented last nite. Its okay, I will probably get it if i find it for cheap.

Akina Racer
The problem with the gamecube is that there are way to many games for little kids. When I found out that Perfect Dark and Conkers BFD are going to be on Xbox, I saw that there really was no reason to keep the cube. I did however have some fun with it namely playing F-Zero GX, Zelda and Mario.

Conkers was always going to be out for Xbox wasn't it?

Back