Official: Gran Turismo partners with Fanatec

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 40 comments
More leaks of the CSL DD PS... From Facebook market place.

Screenshot_20210809-231727.png

FB_IMG_1628627015271.jpg

FB_IMG_1628627009262.jpg

Will this wheel include pedals and a shifter as well? I'm tempted to start buying some Fanatec equipment to prepare for GT7, but I'm not sure if it's a bad idea and I maybe should wait some more.

I feel ya bro'.

Also, the big question for me is whether or not there'll be GT7-specific features / functionality / settings in the PD-partnered setup that aren't / isn't available in the company's other offerings.

Will this wheel include pedals and a shifter as well? I'm tempted to start buying some Fanatec equipment to prepare for GT7, but I'm not sure if it's a bad idea and I maybe should wait some more.
probably there will be bundle with pedals but doubt manual shifter

I know I'm getting old. Those prices are crazy. As much fun as a wheel is, I'll be sticking with a controller.
IMO there needs to be a successor to the DFGT, something of similar capability and price point. It wasn't flash and it was very plastic, but it was a solid entry point for people who wanted to take racing a bit more seriously but didn't have the price of another console to drop on a single controller. I could never have justified spending the $600-odd on my current wheel if I hadn't already had years of playing with a DFGT so that I knew that I'd get value out of it.

The market for expensive fancy-pants wheels for the ultra-hardcore seems oversaturated compared to the market for competent sub-$200 FFB wheels.

I agree with you. Positioning and tension is something I need to correct for my next experience. At the very end of my cycle with the DFGT, I got some tips from professional drivers on how effective driving would be, but I ended up forgetting the techniques in the heat of the moment...
I'll remember working on it from the beginning... probably in an uncompromised Sunday Cup :lol:👍

Thanks for reminding me of this aspect. ;)
That's awesome you got tips from professional drivers, any famous ones? As they been there and done it successfully, it can be really good to pick up tips from them. I personally learned a lot on how to drive fast just hearing Lewis Hamilton interviews over the years describing his pole laps.

I have yet to start GT League in GT Sport so if I manage to get a wheel this year, probably the first thing I will do is the legendary Sunday Cup. :)

Great to be of some help, there must be quite a lot of people who drive incorrectly and just a few pointers in driving technique probably would take them to the next level very quickly. Even simple things like pedal calibration at the start by fully depressing pedals can make a difference in consistency and performance and sometimes you can get faulty hardware and without experience on working hardware, could put some people off without them knowing it on what should have been a much better experience.

Hopefully this is the month when GT news starts to pick up and the new wheel revealed officially. At least looking forward to the International Motor Show in Munich to see some new cars get revealed.

IMO there needs to be a successor to the DFGT, something of similar capability and price point. It wasn't flash and it was very plastic, but it was a solid entry point for people who wanted to take racing a bit more seriously but didn't have the price of another console to drop on a single controller. I could never have justified spending the $600-odd on my current wheel if I hadn't already had years of playing with a DFGT so that I knew that I'd get value out of it.

The market for expensive fancy-pants wheels for the ultra-hardcore seems oversaturated compared to the market for competent sub-$200 FFB wheels.
Yesssss. That was the wheel I had for GT4. Unbelievable realism for me back then. The F1 LM stage at Cita d'Aria(?) was most memorable using that wheel.

I had a look at that Ferrari wheel and that is impressive. Not being funny, but I'd just have a wheel that still has the quality of that Ferrari wheel, but let it be a no frills Mazda Demio version.

I already have a Fanatec wheel and have to use the Drivehub thing for the PS4 and GT Sport.

Does anyone know anything about PS4 drivers for Fanatec wheels when GT7 releases?

Latest Posts

Back