Official GTPlanet Weekly Rewind Thread, Part Three: Trilogies, Am I Right?

With this week's Rewind looming in the distance, now is as good of a time as any to begin disclosing what the newest segment will be all about, so I've ironed about a bit more details and this is where we stand at the moment:

- This will be a weekly feature, thus the GTPlanet Member of the Week.
- 4 to 6 applicants will be chosen a month in advance.
- Those applicants will have approximately one week, upon receiving the questionnaire to have it back to me, otherwise those unable to participate for any variety of reasons will be delayed until the following month.
- The questions will involve you having to search for things on your end, i.e. your first post, racing series' developed (if any), etc.

There are still two days until this week's Rewind and you can rest assured that more details will surface before then, and the full outline will be (should be) ready by Friday.

I'm thinking I'll close this out by saying more details will be disclosed in tomorrow's Rewind. I'll begin pooling candidates throughout the day and I should be able to feed that back to you all in the Rewind, where preliminary voting will take place in this thread.

There won't be a poll so I'll just tally up the respective votes for each of the candidates and go on from there.

Alight folks, let's get the suggestion train moving!

List your respective nominees regarding who you think would be best suited for the "GTPlanet Member of the Week" badge/segment slated to make it's debut next week Friday (assuming all things go according to plan but it will debut next month regardless). You can list a maximum of three nominees per week.

Again, three nominees per week. And if none of your nominees make it into the first, second or even the third week don't let that discourage you as one of the primary reasons for pooling the data the way I am is to build up a sizable backlog to prevent droughts, or me having to scurry about looking for a suiting member myself.

Don't really know. I'm not much to look at. All I've got is Domination on some Car guessing thread. I'm going to participate part time in a race series but meh... I'm not much to look at anyway. Don't really know who I'd choose though.

Didn't you guys watch that certain episode of the Nat Geo Supercar tv show where the GTR was the subject for one episode. Kaz himself makes an appearance alongside the PD offices talking about the Multifunctional display on the car and how many GTRs are in the series.

This too has a new home as the GT5 section seems unappreciative of anything that's not praising GT-anything up, down, left and right.

So here we are now. Hopefully the new location garners a bit more attention than what I originally thought to be the best possible place.

You've been doing these for half a year already? Wow. I had no idea.

I always loved the Speed 12. Glad to see it featured this week. 👍

And good job on the video, daan. 👍
Still can't believe it's 15 years of GT. That's like, my whole life. Lol.

Hey, sticky thread!!!! :) Nice. I really enjoy this feature, in fact, I'm going to submit my nomination now.

Would there be a way to implement this with GTP's Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car? That would be pretty cool

I could definitely mention it, but with RACECAR's current woes regarding his PS3 I'm not quite sure how it would help him to have several strangers coming in asking when the next interview would be. :P

Then, of course, there's the Member of the Week feature. I wouldn't want that to be undermined in any way.

This week's Rewind is live! Why are you still here, go read it now!
I'm here cause I already read it :sly:

I like where the vehicle of the week is going from now on. Knowing about every single one of the 1,000 something cars in GT5 I wanted to find out about the cars in Forza. A good number of them aren't in GT5 or in any GT and are just as legendary and full of history as the ones in GT. I enjoyed this rewind just like the others. Keep it up T-12! 👍

Good read, the picture of the week had my jaw on the floor. 👍

Also, I think Kaz was just enjoying a day at the 'ring to be honest.

To Rewind or not to Rewind, that is the question.

No it isn't. Go read this week's Rewind now!

Hey hey. How come you don't finish the Rewinds with 'Closing Thoughts' anymore, T-12? I don't recall seeing that segment for a few weeks now. I quite enjoyed it.

To be brutally honest, after all of the idiotic BS I had to put up with during the E3 Special I did (and even before then) I just took it out of the format and stopped caring.

You'll notice there hasn't be a featured piece in a couple of weeks as well for the same reason, and the same goes for the content as a whole as you may have noticed everything is lot more condensed now.

This rewind has things not GT related. I'm reporting you to the FBI.

or something like that.

Back