Official JGTC S4 Sign Up Thread (Deadline To Join Sunday 10/22)

The time is finally here, the birth of a new JGTC season. Let me introduce to you JGTC S4.

"And the crowd goes wild!" :D :D

S3 will run on a similar system as S2, with some minor & major tweaks here and there. This is the general overview of what it should look like.

10 rounds
1 week qualif
1 week race

Week starts on monday and ends on sunday night

Qualif :

10-15 mins
No penalties based on performance
RM tires only
No tire wear
Default weight in effect, weight penalty is dropped
Air restrictor in place (if any at that point)
AI @ +10 on RS
Speed limiter penalty

PTS : 4-3-2-1-1
Fast Lap : 1 pt for the fastest
+10 secs penalty on race time for missed qualification for EVERYONE

Race :

40-45 mins
Penalties based on performance
RH-RM-RS tires
Heavy tire wear
Weight penalty in effect
Air restrictor in place (if any at that point)
AI @ 10 on RM
Forced pit in entry penalty system for EVERY track

PTS : 14-11-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Fast lap : 1 pt for the top 3 (1-1-1)

Weight penalty :

1st +5% 2nd +3% 3rd +1%
4th/5th/6th : 0
7th/8th : -1%
9th/10th : -2%
11th and lower : -3%

Air Restrictor :

The winning driver will have a -1% hp air restrictor penalty in place for the next round. This penalty will be in effect for the next 3 races and then dropped after that determined period of time. Exp : A driver winning R3 will get -1% hp for rounds 4-5-6 and on R7 he'll see his power come back to normal. A driver winning again in that 3 races penalty period will gain another -1% hp but the 3 races period won't be resetted like in the past to 3. The longest a penalty (-1%) will hit will be 3 races.

JGTC S3 FACTS

Sandbagging will be looked at closely. If spotted and flagrant the driver in question will receive a first warning. On the second time pts will be deducted from the standings.

At this moment I can't tell you guys if S3 will run both GT500 & GT300 or only GT500. The final decision will go directly in relation with the number of racers we can attract to start the season.

No part-time or full-time status this season. You race when ever you want to race (but do not forget the 10 secs non qualif penalty in place for everyone). With now a fixed weight penalty system and not an entrants dependant system like last season, drivers racing only from time to time will affect alot less the long term weight settings for the rest of the group.

The lineup of cars will be very similar but a drop will be made for the '00 models. Each car will be up for grabs multiple times.

Teams, this will also be in relation with the amount of people interested to join. The final system will be layed out once I get the general idea of how many drivers are looking to race. If a team system is to be used it'll be the drivers choices to pick their partners.

Application form I'm looking to get (here in this thread) :

GTP username :
Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) :
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) :
NTSC or PAL :
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) :

GT online racing league experience :
Reference : who informed you about this series, put returning driver if you're a past driver
Ambitions/goals :

Each application posted in this thread will be reviewed by me and then approved or rejected.

WANT TO HAVE A FULL GRID THIS SEASON, SPREAD THE WORD AROUND.

Welcome and enjoy S3. :)

APPROVED JGTC S3 DRIVERS

eatsviper4lunch
Ballstothewall
Drew22
Ford_Fan90
SHigSpeed
oldphart
mullen_power13
Casio
Soyfu
IcemanGER
Ricky Fitness
βen
Delfino
Thundercat
Blake
ZeratulSG
GTXDriver
CAMikaze
racefan88501
Nick007
KLR142

WAITING LIST

Cool!

1st to post! :)

GTP username : Ballstothewall

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT500
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : Maxdrive
NTSC or PAL :PAL
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : DFP

GT online racing league experience : WRS since Wk2, JGTC S2 (full-time with not one race missed), DTM series
Reference : Returning driver
Ambitions/goals : To be competetive in GT500 and partner Drew to the team championship

Do I really have to ask you Drew? :)

Neil

I'm in!!! Can't wait.

GTP username : Drew22

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT300 first choice but GT500 is fine
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : AR Max
NTSC or PAL : NTSC
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : Wheel

GT online racing league experience :WRS for about 30 weeks, JGTC, S1 and S2, 2 DTM series, running one now.
Reference : Returning Driver
Ambitions/goals : To have a partner that stays the series,and to generally have fun driving. First place is great but fifth is fun also.

Why would there be AI settings for Quali?

Why would there be AI settings for Quali?

10-15 mins sprint race, old bean!

No hot-lapper!

@ Eats

I really like what I see, and I am glad that you have taken into account what everyone said in the suggestions thread!

Props to you mate, and hopefully a good S3 will ensue!

Neil

GTP username :Ford_Fan90

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT300
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : None.
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : DS2

GT online racing league experience : Super Taikyu, will compete in GTP LMS
Reference : m.piedgros (not sure if he's running.)
Ambitions/goals : have fun, get faster

EXCELLENT! Can't wait to see how the new system works. Totally stoked and on-board. Wasn't sure I'd be back.

GTP username : SHigSpeed

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT500 (Same car please!!)
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : MaxDrive
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : DFP

GT online racing league experience : Yes
Reference : Returning driver
Ambitions/goals : Beat Francisco! Er, I mean, have fun...

-SHig

Well boss - 👍 I like it :)
I was wondering what you would come up with from all that input, and I got to tell you - it sounds good 👍

GTP User name: Oldphart

Racing class interest: either GT 300 or GT 500
Replay proof: Max drive
NTSC or PAL: NTSC
Controller: wheel
OLR Exp: (I like Scott's answer) :)
Reference: Returning driver
Ambition/Goals: To have a partner that races at least ONE race :irked: 🤬 🤬 :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you think that sums up my thoughts on the partner thing ?
LOL
I love the smell of burnt brakes in the morning

J.R.

GTP username : mullen_power13

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : Either
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : None
NTSC or PAL : PAL

GT online racing league experience : 3 weeks in the WRS
Reference : Drew22
Ambitions/goals : Improving my GT4 abilities and having fun

GTP username : Ricky Fitness

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT500, not fussed if I'm forced to be in GT300
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : None, unfortunatly
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : Driving Force Pro

GT online racing league experience : One round of WRS, Ford GT40 Cup(GT3), Mini Cup(GT3), GTSCC (We never got past the test session), various spot races since '03
Reference : Watched JGTC S2 in the mid-rounds and it looked interesting.
Ambitions/goals : Place in top 10 in the championship, get in the top 3 for a race, just have some good fun and improve my driving

GTP username : mullen_power13

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : Either
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : None

GT online racing league experience : 3 weeks in the WRS
Reference : Drew22
Ambitions/goals : Improving my GT4 abilities and having fun

Hey Eats, I've known mullen_power13 for quite awhile(from another site), he's a very good ,honest and reliable driver. He'll make a good addition to the series.

Hey Eats, I've known mullen_power13 for quite awhile(from another site), he's a very good ,honest and reliable driver. He'll make a good addition to the series.

Ditto! He's a good guy and would be an asset to the series.

Neil

GTP username :racefan88501

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) :GT500
Replay proof (AR Max, Max drive etc..) : Digi cam
NTSC or PAL :

GT online racing league experience : raced a few series and going to run GTPLMS and running the F1GT series
Reference : found it on my own
Ambitions/goals : to have fun and try to win

GTP Username: Gingiba

Racing Class Interest: GT300
Replay Proof: MaxDrive
NTSC or PAL: PAl, pal.
Controller: DS2

GT OLR Expirience: WRS Since Week 66, Some spot-races. Currently participating in ARC 6, and No Rules Brand Racing.
Reference: Saw it in some signatures, liked the concept.
Ambitions: No DLBFs for the whole season.

And may I suggest something? Don't make weight-penalties. They are NOT check-able in the replay, so I can run -10% weight, when others run the -1% they need to, and nobody knows. Replace them with power-penalties...
Simple - trust works, sometimes. But when it gets competitive, it's over. GT4 OLRs can't be ruled through weight, that's why the WRS, and some others, always run at -10% weight.

GTP username : βen

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT500, GT300 is good too
Controller (DS2 or Wheel) : Plain ol' DS2

GT online racing league experience : Been in WRS since week 66, I'm a high performing Div 2'er, on the brink of going up to Div 1. Running in NRBR, and some spot races every so often too.
Reference : Saw it in the Race series forum, I've seen older JGTC threads. Interested then.
Ambitions/goals : To have fun, to improve my skills and to aim for somwhere not DLBF :P .

Am I the only one who prefers GT300? I'll do GT500 if needed, but GT300 is much more... Human. Like the cars better, too.

And may I suggest something? Don't make weight-penalties. They are NOT check-able in the replay, so I can run -10% weight, when others run the -1% they need to, and nobody knows. Replace them with power-penalties...
Simple - trust works, sometimes. But when it gets competitive, it's over. GT4 OLRs can't be ruled through weight, that's why the WRS, and some others, always run at -10% weight.

Nope, JGTC as always run with that system and it will continue to be that way. We run on the trust system, we all know our guys and we all know what's doable and what's not based on their individual skills. If you feel in peace with yourself not running the penalty weight good for you, but never forget that if you fawk up once with me you're done and out right on the spot, for ever. I'm sure that in the last 3 seasons some passed us a fast one here and there but the general group of people we had were serious and honest people. There's a reason why I ask the age of the drivers looking to join, and now I see alot of very young people. I don't want to make any generality here but bs and problems tend to come from the younger drivers. Different bracket of age and different mentality at the same time. On the other end I know quite well you can get very dedicated and serious young teens also, and those are the ones I'm looking to get in my series. Weight penalty system is still on for S3.

This is a fairly small community here, and we do all 'usually' trust each other. Replays are more-or-less mandatory or expected, and the honour system is used.
Most, if not all of us, have raced together for at least a full season, and we trust that if we are given a weight penalty then we use it!

There is no honour in winning a contest by cheating yourself! (An old Scouse proverb)

And also, youngling..........

If thoughts, enter your head, like that.................Come and play here, not!

Enough of the WRS play in here,to usually spot when a guy is peforming 'outside the box', and we don't appreciate it! AT ALL!

Neil

eats although i am young i am a real race car driver(i race go karts) i would never and have never cheated in the real racing world or on GT planet or any other online racing i am a trustworthy person keep the wieght system its good and most people on here are trustworthy

Neil, I thought you were younger a little bit...you old fart. :sly:

Young, virile, and competative at heart...........old, knackered and creaky in the knees & back! :ouch:

Doesn't mean I won't give anyone a damn good run for their money tho!:sly:

Neil

GTP username : Casio

Racing class interest (GT500 or GT300) : GT500

GT online racing league experience : Here we go...
WRS Races
BC Races
JGTC Races
No rules
GTP road cross
2006 FGT Series
DTM Series
GTP World Rally Championship
American Muscle Series
Times Comedy Capers
More...
Reference :
Returning driver
Ambitions/goals :
To win a championship in my RX-7 LM!

GT online racing league experience : Here we go...
WRS Races
BC Races
JGTC Races
No rules
GTP road cross
2006 FGT Series
DTM Series
GTP World Rally Championship
American Muscle Series
Times Comedy Capers
More...

Smart-arse! ;)

Get a job! You've got too much time on your hands Kiddo! :lol:
( God, I sound like my Dad (GBHS))

Neil

Get a job! You've got too much time on your hands Kiddo! :lol:
Neil

I've got 7 days of school left! (Which begs the question, why aren't I there now...Because it's boring, that's why)

I need something to do with 4 months of holidays! :lol:

Well, if you can't fill your time with the gorgeous, sun-kissed gals, the rampant tourist trade providing work for even the most slothfull of idiots, or just plain and simple graft...........

Don't know what to suggest bud! ;)

Maybe you should propose a study of the increase of hand-eye co-ordination & observation with prolonged use of driving based video games, on the young driving population. To your local Uni's science dept?
You might get paid? Maybe?

Mind you,
You should probably get them to exclude reversing out of your own drive from the study!:sly:
Especially if the applicant's name is (Hypothetically)Greg!

Neil

you know what's really sad ?

I've still got a jacket I bought in Hong Kong while on leave, that is older than most of you ! :ouch:
Bought the jacket in 1978, a Levi denim, and yes the thing still fits :sly:
I'm old, not dead ! LOL .... still wear a 44 jacket and a 30 waist :)

J.R.

and Brad ?
It would be nice to see you stick around this season. It would've been nice to see you run against these guys 👍

Back