Official PS5 Thrustmaster wheel

• Thread starter Marius789
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
Marius789
Does anyone know if Thrustmaster will be releasing an official PS5 wheel for GT7?

I can’t find anything, but was wondering if someone had any connections. I just don’t want to buy another current gen wheel to upgrade my set up especially when next gen is right around the corner.

Btw, I have a T300RS with the T3PA pedals. I don’t want to buy a TGT.

Thanks!

I don't think they've made any announcements on that front yet. They are typically late to the party just like PD, but their products are pretty good.

Jerome

A new wheel to replace the somewhat shoddy T300 (the wheelbase I run) would be very welcome I think and would sell well if it was the new Gran Turismo wheel. It's also about time TM got into the Direct Drive market I think.

A new wheel to replace the somewhat shoddy T300 (the wheelbase I run) would be very welcome I think and would sell well if it was the new Gran Turismo wheel. It's also about time TM got into the Direct Drive market I think.

Direct Drive is what I’m looking for as well. Especially after that whole fiasco with the TGT. I was disappointed after finding out the truth that it wasn’t direct drive.

I'm hoping the architecture allows for some backwards compatibility for wheels.

Also hoping the T80 gets updated so it can be used for games without native wheel support.

How do you change modes?
Thrustmaster-T-GT-Review-01.jpg

'GT' only works in GT Sport but 'other' can also be used in GTS if you want the wheel to be seen as a T300 and you don't want the vibration affect. In all other games the wheel should be put into 'other' mode to be recognized as a T300. The T300 has a similar switch for PS3 and PS4 modes. Are you using PS4 mode?

Last edited:
Has anyone here got there T300RS to work with PS5? I plugged it in and nothing happens.
On my side the T300 works perfectly with the PS5 (tested on GT Sport / Project Cars 3 / Assetto Corsa Competizione & F1 2020). Don't forget to put the switch of the base on PS4 position (before plugging the USB) and to connect the wheel to your profil with the PS button of the wheel.

Important Reminder: Currently the PlayStation 5 versions of WRC 9 & DiRT 5 don't support any steering wheels (they will add this support soon with an update of the game).

When will this drought end? I've had my T300 since launch, and fortunately, I haven't had any fatal issues with it. However, it does run hot, and after a few hours, I notice the FFB is reduced. I would like to get a new wheel, but what choices are there from Thrustmaster? Downgrade to the T150, buy another T300, or buy the T-GT for a few hundred above MSRP? Why does Thrustmaster sell the TS XW for $400, but offers nothing similar for Playstation? I won't buy Fanatec; I've already owned many Logitech wheels, but I'm not interested in the G25 mkiii or mkiv w/MEMEFORCE. What is Thrustmaster doing? Do they monitor this forum? Can someone go check on them?

Anyways, I played the new GRID and GT: Sport for a few hours over the weekend on my PS5 and they both worked without issue. I didn't do anything special; just used it the same as I did with the PS4.

When will this drought end? I've had my T300 since launch, and fortunately, I haven't had any fatal issues with it. However, it does run hot, and after a few hours, I notice the FFB is reduced. I would like to get a new wheel, but what choices are there from Thrustmaster? Downgrade to the T150, buy another T300, or buy the T-GT for a few hundred above MSRP? Why does Thrustmaster sell the TS XW for $400, but offers nothing similar for Playstation? I won't buy Fanatec; I've already owned many Logitech wheels, but I'm not interested in the G25 mkiii or mkiv w/MEMEFORCE. What is Thrustmaster doing? Do they monitor this forum? Can someone go check on them?

Anyways, I played the new GRID and GT: Sport for a few hours over the weekend on my PS5 and they both worked without issue. I didn't do anything special; just used it the same as I did with the PS4.

Yeah, I’ve had my T300 since launch as well. I purposely toned down the torque just so I can get as much life out of it as I can. Every so many months, I’ll open it up to blow it out and tighten the belt. It seems to be working great.

It is kinda annoying that they haven’t announced anything yet now that PS5 is here. I won’t buy Fanatec either because I believe they’re overpriced. Logitech is out of the question for me because of past experiences. I really want the TGT, but I don’t want a last gen wheel.

Oh well. I guess I’ll continue to wait.

You are running latest firmware with ‘forced cooling’ enabled arent you ? Anybody who owns a T300 should have this always enabled so you should not be having any heat issues or loss of feedback.

Playing PS5 the selector of T300rs must be set on PS4, that's what I have been told by a friend who tested GT sport game.
Also, I am pretty sure that in the next weeks or months Thrustmaster will release an update to recognize the wheels with their right name.

As its well out of warranty, why not mod the T300 to fix the cooling issues. A higher spec cooling fan and maybe even some additional ventilation cut into the case will work wonders.

Last edited:
I rarely play longer than 3 hours at a time, so the cooling issues haven't been too terrible; not to the point where I am going to modify a wheel I intend on replacing. At this point I won't be surprised if TM doesn't release a new wheel until 2022 when GT7 comes out, so I'll probably just camp out on eBay until I find a T-GT for a decent price.

Back