Official SNAIL Media thread

• Thread starter Falango
  • 101 comments
Canada
Vancouver, BC
Falango
Welcome to the SNAIL media thread! Feel free to post pictures and videos from all things SNAIL. Whether it's Sunday Night races, real life meetups, or other SNAIL sanctioned events, let's see em!

*I know we have started to use the SPOILER function in our main thread to post media, to reduce the load times on mobile devices, so to allow everyone to enjoy the thread, please do not post more than 3 pictures without using the spoiler feature. Want to post more than 3 pictures? Post your first 3 (probably make them the best of the bunch you are posting), and put the rest inside spoiler tags. Do not double or triple post to abuse the 3 post rule.

To use the spoiler feature, upload your images, and click 'Full Image' to add them to your post. Click and drag to select the pictures that will go inside the spoiler tags, and then click on the icon that is immediately to the left of the camera icon at the top of the posting box. If you hover over it, it is labelled as Insert. Select Spoiler, enter a title in the box, and you're done!

Claiming $hells:
To claim $hells for posts made here, submit your request as usual, but please include OMT in the post number field. For example, claiming $hells for this post would read as OMT 1.

Here's a few of my favorites to start us off.

apricot01.jpg
Nürburgring GP_F_2.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_2.jpg

Indianapolis Road Course_1comp.jpg

monza01.jpg

spa01.jpg

Silverstone National Circuit_5.jpg

Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (2).jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg

20150329D2Winner.jpg

Last edited:
Some were saying they were told to shift at 6000 RPM, I can see that who ever said that wanted to beat you!
7000 is optimal for the greatest torque and on any long down hill you can push that as high as 8000.
@TEX36 was shifting at 6000 RPM and went off several times though he could gain at points on the track, it seemed to me not the best shift point.

At Laguna there are so many elevation changes and so many variable's that one set shift point just will not WORK!

A highlight reel of the first 2 races of Combo 1 and the first race of Combo 2. Enjoy.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_24.jpg

Combo 1 Race 1
Dragonwhisky leads the field into turn 1 on the first lap.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg

kickenit4evr trying to close the distance on NOVA for 2nd place.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg

JLBowler giving chase to FlipJ with tcrash and Rallywagon not far behind.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5.jpg

First run through the corkscrew goes without incident.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_8.jpg

Positions 1 through 8 continuing the Snail train. (Dragonwhisky, NOVA, kickenit4evr, FlipJ, JLBowler, TomMang, Tcrash, and Rallywagon.)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_9.jpg

NOVA closing in on Dragonwhiskey leading up to the corkscrew with an attempt to pass.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_10.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_11.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_12.jpg

Unsuccessful, Dragonwhisky comes back out in front, and takes back all ground gained by NOVA with kickenit4evr closing in. JLBowler quietly stalks the top 3.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_13.jpg

And, patience pays off with JLBowler making it past kickenit4evr for 3rd place.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_14.jpg

Combo1 Race 2
WIDEeyedDRIVER leads on lap 1 with Engmatic 1 trailing close behind.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_15.jpg

The beginnings of a battle in the back of the field between kickenit4evr, JLBowler, NOVA, and Dragonwhisky (who is out of frame)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_16.jpg

Top half of the field closing out lap 1...WIDEeyedDRIVER, Engmatic 1, lifesagamble, Rallywagon, and Evolvo.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_17.jpg

lifesagamble (inside) and Rallywagon (outside), side by side, fighting for position leading up to the high speed left hander.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_18.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_19.jpg

It did not end well for either with both pushing wide and into the Laguna Beaches.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_21.jpg

Dragonwhisky executes a textbook breaking zone pass on NOVA going into turn 1.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_23.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_22.jpg

NOVA attempts to take back the position going to the inside, but the door is quickly closed by Dragonwhiskey.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_24.jpg

Evolvo, TomMang, kickenit4evr, JLBowler, and Dragonwhisky navigating through the corkscrew.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_25.jpg

TomMang runs wide on the last turn allowing kickenit4evr to take advantage.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_26.jpg

NOVA closing in on Dragonwhisky entering the high speed left hander with TomMang trailing closely behind.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_27.jpg

4 way battle for 4th place with some very clean close quarters racing.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_28.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_29.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_30.jpg

JLBowler trying to close the gap on tcrash for 2nd place.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_31.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_32.jpg

Clearing the final turn, WIDEeyedDRIVER runs a little wide, but not enough for tcrash to take advantage. WIDEeyedDRIVER closed the race out in 1st.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_33.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_34.jpg

NOVA approaching the finish line.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_35.jpg

TomMang and Rallywagon with a photo finish to their battle.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_36.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_37.jpg

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_34.jpg

Combo 2 Race 1
The Horses are out of the gate.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

Very crowded entering turn 1.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_1.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_2.jpg

Chaos erupts through the S curves.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_3.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_4.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_5.jpg

A 3 way dogfight between WIDEeyedDRIVER, tcrash, and kickenit4evr begins here on lap 1 for 2nd place and will continue to the end.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_6.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_7.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_8.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_9.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_10.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_11.jpg

Evolvo, Rallywagn, Edwin, NOVA, FlipJ, and lifesagamble round out the back half of the field with some nice battles as well.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_12.jpg

Rallywagn and NOVA racing through the corner.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_14.jpg

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_13.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_15.jpg

The battle up front continues.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_16.jpg

TomMang with a healthy lead.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_17.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_18.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_19.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_20.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_21.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_22.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_23.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_24.jpg

After a hard earned 6th place position, NOVA feels the heat of Dragonwhisky's approach and pushes too hard to open the gap. Running wide out of the high speed chicane, NOVA clips the dirt and is sent spinning.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_25.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_26.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_27.jpg

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_29.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_30.jpg

With TomMang well ahead, securing 1st place, it was a photo finish for 2nd.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_31.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_32.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_33.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_34.jpg

Last edited:
Some were saying they were told to shift at 6000 RPM, I can see that who ever said that wanted to beat you!
7000 is optimal for the greatest torque and on any long down hill you can push that as high as 8000.
@TEX36 was shifting at 6000 RPM and went off several times though he could gain at points on the track, it seemed to me not the best shift point.

At Laguna there are so many elevation changes and so many variable's that one set shift point just will not WORK!

Hey, are you still shifting at 7-8,000?

Great shots @llNovall (especially of that yellow snow colored car lol). Congrats on winning the season, however i hope you stay in D4 with us. Even tho you dominate, you are just as clean as you are fast. Thanks for doing a great job with the hosting details and keeping things moving along at a nice pace on Sundays!

A few shots from C3R2 of D5 Aug 23rd, 2015

It was a heartbreaking race, McTrucker had built an impressive lead on the pack and set the fastest lap...but that ended in a rather spectacular fashion in the S curves that lead to the final hairpin. With this car, losing momentum is lethal, and losing before the long straight is doubly so. I think every driver in the division felt their heart in their stomach as we passed him...I know I gave a virtual salute as I went by.

It was not without other crashes, mostly in Turn 1 or in the mid-speed 180 before the aforementioned S curves (I know MajorBlixem and myself both fell victim to the rumble strip at the end of that curve, and Mr.Penguin hit the wall and spun on one lap in the middle of that curve).

I myself wasn't able to find my rhythm in this race.

Here is the sneakpeak, with McTrucker starting what became a commanding lead.
McTrucker Leads strong into Turn 1, with MajorBlixem in pursuit
A few shots of the pack, with Handlebar, Adramike/CallMeMike41, and SinglePaddy in the foreground
Here you can see how McTrucker was pulling away from the crowd..
More crowd shots featuring:
MajorBlixem & Adramike
SinglePaddy & Die_Birdy_Die with SilvrOnyx & MajorBlixem in the background
- Note the radically different lines taken by Blixem vs Birdy & the pack approaching one corner (MOTUL sign in background - Major was hiding in the shadows - I think he forgot he wasn't on exercise and was trying to use natural camo. ;) )
DesertPenguin gets vertigo after connecting strongly with the wall..(I hope the photo conveys the queesy feeling...it does to me)
It almost looks like he is racing in reverse...

A few of the more dramatic shots of McTrucker's late race, epic & heartbreaking wipeout.
In this shot you can see that even toward the end of his crash, there is still no sign of following cars...he ended the spinout facing the wall, tight against it...the absolute worst case for him. Tragically unlucky.

Finally, just me showing off my colours....(as I didn't do much else in the race)

Last edited:
And only a small hint smoke was still there when Major and I came around the corner - suddenly I had to jink to the right to avoid the sideways dark blue car in the shadows of the overpass above... a brief pucker moment that I hadn't anticipated!

Oh yea that spin really messed me up. You lose all momentum, go so slow, and your adrenaline is gone. It's such a down.

Here is the promised C3R1 of Division 5 Aug 23rd, 2015.

This is a special one for me. Aug 23rd, 2015 marks my first official win as a SNAIL racer. I got the first pole position of the night (my second ever pole position in SNAIL), then went on to win that race (C1R1), then later in the night (after battling with my router) I got the pole position for Combo 3 as well...and my second victory as a SNAIL in the same night as my first.

(@Die_Birdy_Die also won 2 races and won the night in total points)

So, I noticed as I reviewed these, that I was maybe a LITTLE (understatement) self-absorbed as I took the shots. Well, I didn't take any shots of myself in the previous race, so...

I was going to filter through them, but there are actually quite a few nice shots, and I'm tired so I'll just post them...with silly commentary.

Also NOTE: You can click through to the Gallery and comment on photos directly, or "like" individual photos to let me know what shots are your favorites. The Gallery thumbnails suck though...often very different form the shots themselves.

Race started with me in the Pole, and I got a good launch too. Couldn't choose between these two shots, so I just included them both. I think I like the offside one better myself...I like the lines in it.

This one is dedicated to the motto of this race : "Watch out for the edging". (I actually didn't touch it, but this photo makes it look like I am going right for it)

Standard turn one, "skittles" shots.

A few that just came out feeling epic. The fact that I am in the front is inconsequential. I don't normally like lens-flare, but it seemed to work in this one, so I left it.

A couple shots of the whole field

Ohhh I saw pretty colours! (the three most colourful cars all lined up together. @Die_Birdy_Die, @Handlebar and @Adramike )

This time I was on the edging, really like the shot, but not sure what is going on with my paint-job.
You know, it looks like there is some nice action going on back there...but I have no idea. Looks like Penguin and Birdy are doing a lot of back and forth and that is @SlvrOnyx pulling away from them.

I just liked how my paint looked here...kind of like...this is what it looked like in the advertisement...but when you go to pick it up it looks like in the other photo above :P

So at this point I could see Onyx gaining on me, and DP & Birdy still going back and forth...but clearly pulling ahead from the rest of the pack

Then, Onyx decided he didn't like Tokyo R246 forward, so he switched to running R246 Reverse. When Birdy and Penguin didn't follow his lead, he must have changed his mind again. (I make light, for humourous purposes only...Onyx is an amazing driver, and no other D5 driver in my rear-view strikes fear in me like him...oh wait...one does... @chatva, but for totally different reasons. JK chat, just razzing ;) )

So...this was a new experience for me. Normally when I cross the finish line and see this behind me, it is for one of 2 reasons:
1. I actually am finishing in last place, so there is nobody left behind me
2. I find out that everyone else backed out of the race on lap one and I have been running by myself.

Wow, I actually didn't wipe myself out on the last lap...

You know, I never noticed this guy before...I think I have seen him in Montreal. I was impressed that PD bothered to model in some curve to the waving flag. I also thought, right now, somebody somewhere is talking about how much better he will look in next gen.
This Photo made it clear to me..."Oh! THAT is why everyone always moves way over to the right as they pass the finish line!"

This is when I was relieved to realize that I hadn't been left behind in the rapture...

@Die_Birdy_Die Birdy and @DesertPenguin09 coming up on the finish...

So, really sorry I was so self-centered in my coverage on this one...it is very unlike me. I didn't even realize I had done it until I went to review. Part of it is because I was so far away from most of the action, I didn't have ideas on where to look for good events. To my division colleagues, in future, feel free to suggest timestamps in combos to look for good photo opportunities so that I don't miss your epic moments.

Photo Reel of Sunday 8/30/15 Division 3 Race action. Enjoy.

Mid-Field Raceway_8.jpg

pakicote making a pass on the inside on GrandpasMoney
Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_1.jpg

USERID applying the pressure on JJLopez
Mid-Field Raceway_2.jpg

GrandpasMoney and pakikote looming large in NOVA's mirrors.
Mid-Field Raceway_3.jpg

kickenit4evr holding a tight line to keep the door closed on NOVA
Mid-Field Raceway_4.jpg

USERID and DoublePass patiently stalking JJLopez
Mid-Field Raceway_6.jpg

Negotiating the high speed chicane.
Mid-Field Raceway_7.jpg

DoublePass leading the Snail train.
Mid-Field Raceway_8.jpg

USERID running a wide line with pakicote and GrandpasMoney closing in.
Mid-Field Raceway_9.jpg

JJLopez and USERID engaged in a drag race down the front straight
Mid-Field Raceway_10.jpg

NOVA and TomMang race the corner out of the first tunnel.
Mid-Field Raceway_11.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_12.jpg

Tokyo R246_22.jpg

Tokyo R246_30.jpg
Tokyo R246_29.jpg
Tokyo R246_28.jpg
Tokyo R246_27.jpg
Tokyo R246_26.jpg
Tokyo R246_24.jpg
Tokyo R246_22.jpg
Tokyo R246_19.jpg
Tokyo R246_16.jpg