Oh, the joys of 3d modelling... *FRUSTRATION* *WARNING: Large image files!*

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 10 comments
Well, some of you might recall an earler model I worked on (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14073), but due to deleting the scene file from frustration of not getting 3d Studio Max to work after a system restore (which I got to work after reinstalling Windows from scratch), I've decided to go about and create a new 3d model. For reference, I'm using Anete Smrhova, since she seems attractive and I have really good profile shots of her. Here's a screenshot of my latest work as of 06 March, 2005:

status3vf.jpg

donbenni
Get in there 👍 looks most impressive. What are you planning on doing with the mesh once it's finished?
I've been wanting to get a character that I could put a skeletal system in, so I could animate them. I'm still upset about losing my last few characters (I was working on a realistic female human, link to picture in original post, and a cartoonish penguin,) but I'd probably have to start over from scratch for nearly everything for this new model. But it still would've been nice to have pre-build ears and eyes to work with, and to have a good skin texture....

Well, here's an update of the model:
I ended up making some decent ears, couldn't go much more in-depth without making it significantly more complexe (which = longer rendering times, more difficulty getting the polygons to be smooth, etc)

status07march20054bp.jpg

Next on the list: better mouth? cheeks, eyes? I don't know, probably whatever I feel like, unless I hear some feedback.

No offense, but i think that chin needs to come out a little more. Also, whats with the area around the eye? I don't think it should portrude like that..

Acid X
No offense, but i think that chin needs to come out a little more. Also, whats with the area around the eye? I don't think it should portrude like that..

Hey man, there's no need to say things like "No offense." The project's in its infancy right now, and barely looks like how it will turn out in the end.

In fact, now that I've gotten Maya to work under Linux, I'm tempted to learn how to use Maya, and then just pick up from where the model is right now....

May need to bring the top of her head down - you're well into her hair with the scalp.

I envy your abilities. Not that I would model human figures, but I would like to be able to model 3D on my own. Things like rooms and objects easily.

LoudMusic
May need to bring the top of her head down - you're well into her hair with the scalp.

I envy your abilities. Not that I would model human figures, but I would like to be able to model 3D on my own. Things like rooms and objects easily.

Thanks for the tips, I'll get to them when I get the chance (finals coming up in a few weeks, I suppose I should start studying soon). Modelling basic rooms isn't too hard, but when you try to make something into the likeness of another (like trying to replicate your house to the inch...) you can run into OCD pretty easily (: All it takes, really, is time and practice (and unfortunately, there's only so much time....)

rjensen11
Thanks for the tips, I'll get to them when I get the chance (finals coming up in a few weeks, I suppose I should start studying soon). Modelling basic rooms isn't too hard, but when you try to make something into the likeness of another (like trying to replicate your house to the inch...) you can run into OCD pretty easily (: All it takes, really, is time and practice (and unfortunately, there's only so much time....)

"It’s gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It’s gonna take patience and time, ummm
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right child
"

(:

Besides a few small problems, it looks pretty good so far.

Can we see a wireframe render? Its much easier to tell any defects in the mesh that way.

if your not sure how to do it, go to the render scene dialog> renderer> and check force wireframe.

I have absolutely no luck at modeling (or much intrest in) human faces :indiff:

Back