Ok, It's a big debate on what car is best for certain PP races but does anyone keep track?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Draghon
  • 26 comments
  • 1,779 views
Messages
80
United States
Phoenix, AZ
Messages
DraghonCiege
Keep track of the seasonal events? what are the top 10 people using?

I know the top 10 are using at this time, the best 500pp RX-7 is the Spirit R Type A (FD) '02, best 410pp Peugeot is the 205 Turbo 16 '85, and the best 500pp Subaru is the IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STi Version '98.

But when races are unrestricted by cars, what are the top 10 drivers using for the 350pp, 400pp, 450pp, 500pp, etc, etc, etc. Is anyone keeping track? What were they in GT5? Are they the same in GT6?
 
I use:
500pp = Ford Focus RS
520-525pp = Renault Clio V6
550pp = BMW M5
 
but are you one of the top 10 drivers?
 
There have been very few seasonals that have had free car choices.
There were 3 early on that were for any Anniversary model within a specific PP limit.
But that's about it.

The rest have all been single car events, with a handful allowing for different models of a certain type of car.
 
I remember there were a lot in GT5
 
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that
 
No, sorry, that is a heaping pile of cow dung. Those forums are opinion per each driver. This one is to find out what the top 10 drivers on seasonal events use for each pp race, thus this is a fact based question, not personal preference...
 
sounds like a perfectly good question to ask a data analysis engineer at PD... sadly... equally difficult to gain those answers.
 
No, sorry, that is a heaping pile of cow dung. Those forums are opinion per each driver. This one is to find out what the top 10 drivers on seasonal events use for each pp race, thus this is a fact based question, not personal preference...
Then perhaps you should look at the latest Seasonal, jot down some names, then PM them directly. Your odds of them seeing this thread and responding are pretty slim aren't they?

I'd add my thoughts but unfortunately I haven't cracked the top 10 yet:lol:
 
thanks MerleApAmber I would have but I have no idea who to contact there in the 1st place...

Thanks now Jonnypenso, I didn't think of that, that is actually a good answer there... I just wish someone had actually done all the writing down of the events, but this was a good idea... Oh wait, they never answer, especially the ones that don't speak English... Well it's worth a try anyways...
Suzuki GSX/R4 thing. Chaparral 2j
yeah, those are usual faves, but are they actually used by the people in the top ten? I will try to find out by asking the top 10s
 
Last edited:
One person replied, but was very vague... said he uses the BMW M3 CSi and the Mazda RX500 for most pp races... while this is a step in the right direction, it needs to be more specific...
 
My go to cars Are:
2J
R390 road car
Rocket
GsxR.
Or anything with a broard PP range R390 was good for this and has tons of D/Force.
 
First off, you dont really need to be a top driver to know what car is best. but since you ask, here is what I think:

Low PP: Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept
Mid PP non race car on low grip tyres: Nissan GT-R specV
Mid PP non race car on high grip tyres: Honda NSX-R prototype LM road car
Mid PP racecar: Lotus Elise 111R RM/Honda takata dome NSX -depending on track and PP
High PP on twisty tracks: Chaparral 2J
High PP on track with long straights: Audi R8 race car '01
Super high PP (730 and above): Formula gran turismo

FF drivetrain: Integra type R (DC5)

Thats a start, the car of choice can differ if PP is changed just 20 units, or is on a different track etc.

//usually top 10:)
 
Last edited:
I keep track only so I can avoid those cars like the plague.

The whole dominant car thing has given me an irrational hatred for great cars.
 
I'll never get people wanting to know the 'best' cars, just go out there and drive cars yourself, see what you like and are fastest in. Everyone following each other as sheep is what makes a lot of TTs and leaderboards in games boring.

Also just because X cars works for the fastest guys doesn't mean they'll be the best car for you.
 
I keep track only so I can avoid those cars like the plague.

The whole dominant car thing has given me an irrational hatred for great cars.
I'll never get people wanting to know the 'best' cars, just go out there and drive cars yourself, see what you like and are fastest in. Everyone following each other as sheep is what makes a lot of TTs and leaderboards in games boring.

Also just because X cars works for the fastest guys doesn't mean they'll be the best car for you.
This so much. I've never tuned an NSX or Elise or LFA for the track, they're just too easy to win and/or drive with.
 
I'll never get people wanting to know the 'best' cars, just go out there and drive cars yourself, see what you like and are fastest in. Everyone following each other as sheep is what makes a lot of TTs and leaderboards in games boring.

Also just because X cars works for the fastest guys doesn't mean they'll be the best car for you.

You are so right! I hate when people rape others with cars that are way faster than the one you are using!
 
Yea but..... Right....
 
et_
First off, you dont really need to be a top driver to know what car is best. but since you ask, here is what I think:

Low PP: Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept
Mid PP non race car on low grip tyres: Nissan GT-R
Mid PP non race car on high grip tyres: Honda NSX-R prototype LM road car
Mid PP racecar: Lotus Elise 111R RM/Honda takata dome NSX -depending on track and PP
High PP on twisty tracks: Chaparral 2J
High PP on track with long straights: Audi R8 race car '01
Super high PP (730 and above): Formula gran turismo

FF drivetrain: Integra type R (DC5)

Thats a start, the car of choice can differ if PP is changed just 20 units, or is on a different track etc.

//usually top 10:)

This here is correct.
 
450/550pp just get a Focus RS or RX500, you'll rarely get beat, except by a better driver or better tune in those cars.
Anything else is just a waste of time really.
 
450/550pp just get a Focus RS or RX500, you'll rarely get beat, except by a better driver or better tune in those cars.
Anything else is just a waste of time really.
can a focus even get to 550pp ? that is just way too much power going to the front tires. Personally I think it's too much power even for 500pp. the s2k's and NSX's will beat them all day long.

Now no i'm not a top 10 driver but I have a couple of cars i've never lost in online. 550pp is the F430 scuderia here and for 500pp it's the NSX type R here. I've only been beat by another spoon civic in my spoon civic for 450pp here and for 600pp i do well in my R8 chrome line here. I'm working on a GT40 for 600pp that might be faster though.
 
can a focus even get to 550pp ? that is just way too much power going to the front tires. Personally I think it's too much power even for 500pp. the s2k's and NSX's will beat them all day long.

Now no i'm not a top 10 driver but I have a couple of cars i've never lost in online. 550pp is the F430 scuderia here and for 500pp it's the NSX type R here. I've only been beat by another spoon civic in my spoon civic for 450pp here and for 600pp i do well in my R8 chrome line here. I'm working on a GT40 for 600pp that might be faster though.



Focus can get up to about 540 something, usually enough to blow anything away at 550pp
I did say rarely gets beat, obviously they can be beat by someone.
But rarely seen, I've not seen a good driver with a good tune beaten in a Focus and I'm online a lot.
 
Back