Old GT friends who no longer are active

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, couldn’t find an appropriate thread for this so thought I’d make one. Apologies if there’s already one about.
I’m curious if anyone knows if these people are still active online as I haven’t seen them around in years, there are more than I can remember the names for but the ones which come to mind are GTDrivers_Moose - he always seemed to be on top back in the day. GhostDriver and KniltchGTLMSquad. Thanks

If I'm remembering correctly, ghostdriver's PSN is GTP_GhostDriver? If so, I've definitely seen him once or twice on leaderboards, he doesn't seem all too active even though he has A/S rating, last I checked.

As the Thread Title says, list whoever has disappeared from the GTS scene (mainly Sport Mode but you can post whatever disappearance you want).
Now, I'll start with this:

When it comes to disappeared Sport Mode players over at the Asia/Oceania region, I'm thinking about the likes of Brond (JPN), Seize_HKS (HKG), and GTIC_RamStig (IDN). While the former two simply disappeared without trace, RamStig is apparently focusing himself on RaceRoom championships, which probably explains his sabbatical from GTS.

Are there any others who are gone from GTS? Let me know!

RamStig said before Hockemheimring RaceRoom final he'll back to GTS especially to FIA Mode if he can figure what he need for GTS Regional/World Final (that's what I remember from his chat)

RamStig said before Hockemheimring RaceRoom final he'll back to GTS especially to FIA Mode if he can figure what he need for GTS Regional/World Final (that's what I remember from his chat)
I think it's too late now for the 2018 Series Finals. He can, however, aim for the 2019 Series Finals!

I don't even do and sport mode anymore but still do league lobbies online.

There still seems to be a large number of top guys who play gts here though.

For me it is just “lack of time”. I feel like I achieved what I wanted. Got to +A, won some races... proved to my self that I could run with the fastest, but not beat them. If I wanted to go any further, I’d have to quit my job lol... so I left it for a while and went back to Jiu Jitsu.

When they fix it, I'll gladly return. But I just can't play a mess like that. Life's too short to have it wasted by others deliberately or inept game development, simple as that. Campaign with it's AI and afterthought feel is good for a cruise, that's it.

We'll see if the FIA competition helps improve the gaming experience. Maybe next year but hold little hope until the next GT as they've been trying and trying with that penalty system and matchmaking but gotten worse if anything. Too many other games just aren't broken.

I'm pretty sure the cream of the crop are abandoning Sport Mode, just like none of them played much Quick Match on GT6.

Auto-stewarding just does not work. Sooner or later, everybody realizes this. The sooner, the better, IMHO. WRS and SNAIL worked flawlessly on GT6. Nobody bitched every day about penalties. I'm guessing too many people are starting to remember this.

I'm pretty sure the cream of the crop are abandoning Sport Mode, just like none of them played much Quick Match on GT6.

Auto-stewarding just does not work. Sooner or later, everybody realizes this. The sooner, the better, IMHO. WRS and SNAIL worked flawlessly on GT6. Nobody bitched every day about penalties. I'm guessing too many people are starting to remember this.

The 'cream of the crop' had a pretty intensive June-September period of racing in FIA, natural after that people take a break. There's a definite pattern developing as well that the best results came from those who don't do many Sport Mode races because burnout is a very real thing.

The standard of the Daily Races is miles below top split Official FIA season races, and the Exhibition Seasons sit somewhere in the middle with at least 4/5 genuine top guys to race against then grid filler that is out of it's depth. Once you're in those top races murdering low DR A+/A guys is boring, same reason most of us really aren't interested in SNAIL or WRS :lol:

It´s always sad to lose drivers who would be on top and probably going to FIA finals in their respective regions.
I hate it when a player starts being inactive and there´s no way to know if he/she is still interested in simracing, doing another sim apart from gt, retiring for real life issues or just taking a brake. The most important loss now with GT Sport was TRL_IMMORTAL disappearing for no reason we know. Maybe lack of motivation... He was definetly one of the bests in GT5 and specially GT6, and im sure he would have been the best gt sport racers from Germany alongside TRL_LIGHTNING.

Imma do a list of people I miss and would be happy to have back: GTD_ScrepRC (best GT player in PS3 from Portugal for me), GTPL_Kolsa2, GTPL_X-Mato, prasinar (Zoky88 recently told me he didnt do more gt because in Croatia there was no GTAcademy and lack of motivation), TRL_SAMURAI, TRL_Mixi125, TRL_CBASTJAN, GTW_HILARIO, GTW_Jorgerally (since 2015 in iRacing World Championship), VTR_puzzle, IRT-LEBAand, Talianos_A, CRT_Apex (SONIC_D-Lucas), Takeuchi01, eclipsi_RC...

and many more.

You do realize, with the player base mostly moving to Sport Mode and much of the public online room scene a shadow of its former self, you are going to be less likely to see these top guys unless you can qualify in their ballpark..?

I liked how these guys often played in clean public lobbies, and you could race them (and watch them disappear into the distance). Now, yes, it's seldom we get to see them!

You do realize, with the player base mostly moving to Sport Mode and much of the public online room scene a shadow of its former self, you are going to be less likely to see these top guys unless you can qualify in their ballpark..?

I liked how these guys often played in clean public lobbies, and you could race them (and watch them disappear into the distance). Now, yes, it's seldom we get to see them!
You do realize, even if these people were mainly based in Sport Mode and qualifying high up they'd have to register times. So if they did they'd appear here: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily

Back