Old player and new photo user (addicted)

• Thread starter gambino
  • 5 comments
Croatia
Zagreb
I played/owned, first a GT4 and after it was the GT VI premium edition but just tried once or twice the photo mode and made 4 pictures, here I find the cam settings almost as interesting as the car tuning (moreover I have a PS4 PRO+OLED 4K Samsung ), really happy that
I' paid a few bucks more for a PRO cause it's a different world in graphics and it will be getting better since they will take 4.20 Teraflops into consideration while developing new games at 60 fps...anyways just wanted to join the club of photographers in the GT world. (by the "sacred"PD :cheers:

Photo Scapes mode is a lot of fun, you'll find some scapes are far superior to others in terms of realism though.

Thank's man. I noticed some differences already and you're exactly right, sometimes it's like a real movie and sometimes a bit too "artificial" (still)-makes me wonder how things will be in 15 years with present rate of progress in the I.T. sector, A session with PS 9 in 2054 will be something completely different lol :D

After reading this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-creates-gt-sport-photo-scapes-sony-alpha-cameras/
https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-creates-gt-sport-photo-scapes-sony-alpha-cameras/
I kind of understand why some scapes are inferior to others. It's all in the lighting model created for the scape afterwards. I've been slowly going through scapes 1 by 1 and spinning my car in the light and zooming into the details. Sometimes the light is perfect, other times... the car looks like it's from Gran Turismo 6.

Yes, you never know how it will render in the end.But part of our work is patience and perseverance, once we have done with the background, placed the car where we wanted to with effect like creating tons of sparks on the Tokyo Expressway in the tunnel you just force the car against the wall that is protected by a 2 large metal parallel rails all along, so when you do that all the length of the tunnel you get some pretty exciting sparky :D replays that you later really can use with Ferraris or Aston Martin losing their expensive paint in Tokyo and sparkling like hell on the right-hand side I suggest all those who like this kind of effects to go to the tunnels of Tokyo, you won't be dissapointed :cheers:

The link you sent me s simply GREAT and I am glad that Kaz has access everywhere in Sony so they can write the code for the state of the art cameras that they're using.The GT logo on the cam screen is a great thing.
Only the GT series can say that it really created a virtual world that with the PS4 (PRO) it s getting really great, no other game comes even close the GT World which is only getting better.
There is, however, one sentence from Kaz that I find very interesting, quote.

“Rather than it being just the evolution of Photo Mode in Gran Turismo, it is the evolution of photography itself."
I agree with that sentence completely, when you really like the photo mode then you have some time to spare which is necessary in order to obtain a good vivid photo...

Keep on having fun in a polyphonic world :gtplanet::cheers:

EDIT: Not to forget the very large GT COMMUNITY :gtplanet:

Last edited:
Back