• Yay!

Votes: 73 93.6%
  • Nah!

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
Australia
Sydney
EskimoCalledBoy
Hey guys this is just a thought, how about we bring back the older style JGTC cars, such as the trueno and R33 Skylines and Silhouette cars, i know i loved these cars from the first time i saw them in GT2, now i know alot of people have a hate towards how many skylines and Japanesecars are in there but these cars truly are amazing. What do you all think?

20070903f8sxtnxv.jpg

20070905xvghlnzo.jpg

20070828sgyh7tk2.jpg

017r1m04.JPG

97_nsx_a.jpg

Good idea, Tomica Skyline Silhouette comes to mind :) and 1990's JGTC cars like F355 Ferrari, 911, Viper, Corona Exiv, SW20 MR2, RX7 etc

You know it would be nice to see the STP Viper again

Good idea, Tomica Skyline Silhouette comes to mind :) and 1990's JGTC cars like F355 Ferrari, 911, Viper, Corona Exiv, SW20 MR2, RX7 etc

Exactly that is how i feel, like all these cars you both mentioned are significant cars. I mean i am all for a wide variety of cars, but i feel Polyphony should at least include some cars that made what the GT series is today, not useless cars such as the Mercedes wagon that you really could not race.

Unisia Jecs Skyline you say? Why, absolutely.

I think it must be said, though, that many of those cars probably don't exist anymore.

This thread make me want to play my old Japanese PSX imports that I kept in the box long ago, Advan Racing and JGTC official game :) Those cars from the PSX game would be perfect in GT6, add the tire size and brand option like in Advan Racing, it would improve GT a lot.

I don't mean to go too off topic, but is the third picture a Chevy Cavalier?? If it is, I never knew that car ever raced. Does anyone know what type of engine it had? But back on topic, these cars would be really cool to add, along with older DTM cars, would be some really nice racing.

Yes. Toyota, for whatever reason, sold the Cavalier in their Japanese dealerships in the late 1990s; and some team decided to enter it in GT300 races back when JGTC still had a ruleset that was interesting.

And in regards to PD doing up modern JGTC cars instead of focusing on these older cars, I honestly couldn't care less about JGTC as it is today; so if PD wants to dig up stuff from Japanese motor racing heritage (including the crazy Group 5 cars from the 80s) then I'm game.

Toronado
Yes. Toyota, for whatever reason, sold the Cavalier in their Japanese dealerships in the late 1990s; and some team decided to enter it in GT300 races back when JGTC still had a ruleset that was interesting.

And in regards to PD doing up modern JGTC cars instead of focusing on these older cars, I honestly couldn't care less about JGTC as it is today; so if PD wants to dig up stuff from Japanese motor racing heritage (including the crazy Group 5 cars from the 80s) then I'm game.

Thanks for that Toronado. Never knew the Cavalier ever had a racing past. Kinda happy to find this out because that is my current car. I would be so happy if PD included it into the next iteration of GT. Once again thanks, you learn something new everyday.

Since many of the racing series that we want to see have multiple eras/rulesets, I'd be okay with seeing just a handful of cars from each set for added diversity. Maybe some other cars can be RM'ed to compete in the sets as well. That will help fill in some of the gaps.

I'd rather see that than say, a full lineup for one era, like what was done with NASCAR in GT5. Just one car with multiple livery options from each manufacturer would be fine. Then do the same for say, 90s-era NASCAR, then 80s, and so on.

I would rather have modern racing series in full first, including the full current Super GT lineup.

well thats good but whats current now will be old the next year so current should me any super gt from whatever year or year before gt6 comes out

Yes - for several reasons.

Older racing cars don't age - they just become classics.
Older racing cars can have interesting handling characteristics.

As well as older JGTC I would like some older DTM cars - my favourite being the Ford Capri from the 1970's which had a 3.4 litre 4 cam V6 made by Cosworth. You could race that against the BMW CSL (batmobile).

I would also like classic saloons - if they could have an RM option that would be great e.g Lotus Cortina MK1 (as raced by Jim Clark) Ford Galaxie (Jim Clark model) Jaguar MK9 - these cars used to race in the UK against Camaros.

We would really need an event creator to make best use of these cars. I would like the event creator to have the option of selecting any cars from my garage to race against.

I would desperately love to have more Can Am cars to go with the Chapparal 2J and 2D - preferably the Mclaren M6 and M8, the UOP Shadow, Porsche 917 Can Am. These cars were also used in the European Interseries races competing against a wide variety of race cars including smaller, nimbler 4 cylinder prototype sports cars.

Definitely want them back.

STP Taisan Viper, the many R33 Skylines, if PD is kind enough we might even get some of the JGTC McLaren F1.. Could make for a good championship

Thanks 990cc - really enjoyed those clips, hadn't heard of the ferrari 712 before. I watched part Two of one of your clips and noted the commentary "Once again this weekend the Can Am cars lapped inside the Formula One lap record"

These really were the fastest race cars on the planet - so lets have some more of them Ployphony Digital! I even read recently that there are some tracks where the Can Am lap record is still faster than modern LMP cars.

Please Polyphony Digital more race cars - JGTC, Can Am, DTM, Saloon, Super Saloon, Historic etc. I would rather have more of those than more Minis and Miatas.

MOMO MR2
Toy Story MR2
Gt300 Legacy
Gt300 Avensis
Gt300 Porsches, Corvettes, etc.
Gt300 Z4, CRZ, BRZ, PRIUS

Back