oldschool ownage!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leonidae
  • 18 comments
  • 1,051 views

Leonidae

(Banned)
Messages
6,881
Messages
GTP_Leonidae_MFT
clicky

gotta love it how that sleeper just reels these iconic sportscars..:dopey: 👍 oldskool FTW!
 
Man, that MarkI Golf just rocks, and it looks like nothing! :sick:
 
yup, but I've seen a vid of even faster one.. :sly: actually, i could upload it on putfile, if you're interested?
 
Sure, stuff like that's always welcome! :cheers:
 
funny, for some reason putfile doesn't like playing media player classic files.. oh well, pm me your msn, AIM or something and I'll send it to you. :)
 
Is the faster one the blue VR6 twin turbo on the drag strip?
 
nope. it's another old school car, and it's located in southern Finland, where the top speed run was done as well.

edit: uploading it to youtube, i hope it works there.

I hope this works..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDVEh4MNM0E
 
Man, that silver Golf was wicked fast! I was amazed at her top end; that would surprise several high-dollar sports car owners.

The black Finnish Mk 1 Golf hit a top end of 189 mph ?!? :eek:

That's pretty quick in my book, much faster than what I'd want to go in something that light and small with virtually 0 downforce.
 
that Golf is silver too, if you watch closely. it just looks black because of the time when the vid was done.
 
Ah, thanx. Lighting made the color a little difficult to discern. Still, that's some wicked speed, I couldn't imagine driving that fast in anything so light!
 
well, that car has rollcage, suspension done, chassis welds strenghthened etc, so it's more like race- than a roadcar. but yes, it is streetlegal.
 
Makes it a bit safer, I suppose. God help the car that thing flies into at top speed!
On another note, I would love to see that thing go head to head against something like a Lotus Esprit V-8, a Porsche 911 Turbo S, or a Ferrari 360 Modena.
 
too bad that those cars are pretty rare around here. thus, almost only thing he can do is humiliate all kinds of M5's, few Vipers etc.. :D
 
That's one badass Golf.👍
 
I'm not a Golf fan,and i don't like golfs,but mk1 and mk2 are somewhere in my heart,i just don't like mk4's and 5's.Anyway,this clip is awesome,i somewhere have a clip where Zastava 750(simmilar to Fiat 600) smoke M3 E46!
 
German Engineering in da haus!
 
that was an awesome video man, both of them were actually...
 
Back