OMG!!!How do you even control this thing!?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter KiwiBoy
  • 41 comments
  • 2,213 views
Messages
311
Recently the purchase of a BMW M5 has cause me to gone crazy!!! :dunce: The "thing" has 534 hp. Turning the ASM and TCS off causes it to run like a crazy horse! I can't even control the wheelspin and the oversteer :sick: This car is awesome on straight roads but not curve roads. I had to struggle to get the front of the car facing the right direction the whole time! :crazy: Has anyone experienced this? And if you have, can you tell me how to contol this wild car???
 
KiwiBoy
Recently the purchase of a BMW M5 has cause me to gone crazy!!! :dunce: The "thing" has 534 hp. Turning the ASM and TCS off causes it to run like a crazy horse! I can't even control the wheelspin and the oversteer :sick: This car is awesome on straight roads but not curve roads. I had to struggle to get the front of the car facing the right direction the whole time! :crazy: Has anyone experienced this? And if you have, can you tell me how to contol this wild car???
try turning a little TCS back on. that'll help some I'm sure. what kind of tyres are you using ?
 
Yeah, try putting the ASM oversteer and understeer at 10, and TCS at 3.
 
Leave the ASM on zero, but put the TCS up to 5, should be driveable then.

Low power cars are ok with TCS at 1 or 0, but powerful cars, need a lot more, some I've had to use the TCS at 10 to control them.
 
oxide
Leave the ASM on zero, but put the TCS up to 5, should be driveable then.

Low power cars are ok with TCS at 1 or 0, but powerful cars, need a lot more, some I've had to use the TCS at 10 to control them.

My Pescarolo is ~1170hp, and it's TCS is at 3, and it turns as if it were on a rail.
 
DO NOT turn on ASM at all!!! You will be fine with the traction control and some practice...! :)
 
You have no controll over your M5? Well, practice the throttle controll ^^ I never use aids. Well, occasionally in difficult races or when I'm too lazy :P
 
Or mayb it is the tires that cannot handle the car. I have the stock tires on it right now.(sport medium) 👎
 
Yeah get some racing tires. Put R3 in the back and R4 in the front.
 
Toni Babelony
You have no controll over your M5? Well, practice the throttle controll ^^ I never use aids. Well, occasionally in difficult races or when I'm too lazy :P
sry but you've got a type-o in your sig...
 
It is indeed a tailhappy car. Throttle control is all you need, and practice of course.
 
I remove ASM and TCS on every car I bought on this game. I sometimes put TCS on 1 when I know the real car is equipped with this feature...
And a lot of practice will help you to drive with pleasure even a AC Cobra (491HP, 1081 KGS and no handling at all!)
 
A powerful car like that most be set up. I had trouble with my 700-ish bhp M5 at starts too, but a couple of hours or so made it obey like a little seal in a red hat. A powerful car always runs better with the TCS set around 5 than 1-2. With that low setting the wheels still spin plus it strangles the engine. 👎
 
I always set TCS at 0 or 1, 1 for the M5 if I'm actually racing it. TCS at 1 allows a little bit of throttle steer without causing you to spin if you lose your concentration for a couple seconds.
 
Most cars over 400bhp need racing tyres so you can get the full benefit of control from them. Like the saleen s7, thats impossible wihtout racing tyres.
 
Not using TCS ever is nothing to brag about, you'll go much faster and have a much higher level of control in some more powerful ars with a low level of TCS than without it.
 
live4speed
Not using TCS ever is nothing to brag about, you'll go much faster and have a much higher level of control in some more powerful ars with a low level of TCS than without it.

Exactly. I always turn the ASM off, but usually leave the TCS at 3-5. It makes it much easier to accelerate instead just spinning the tires off.
 
I am currently doing the F1 championship and the only aid that I am using is TCS at 1. In my mind, if you have to use the understeer/oversteer aid, there is no challenge anymore.
 
The ASM hinders you're cars performance anyway, it backs off the power when you turn, the TCS just does it when the wheels spin.
 
Yeah, I drive slower with ASM and haven't used it since the license tests and the first few times I drove the Toyota Minolta.
 
the car handles just fine with radial tires and no assists....
 
S3s shouldn't be a problem... but learn not to slam on the brakes or the throttle. Control is the key - careful control. Brakes earlier, and squeeze the throttle on at exit when you have the front wheels straight and you're past the apex.

I personally never use ASM at all and almost never use TCS. When I do use TCS I never use more than 1. I hate things that think for me. Some people don't mind it, but I do.

The only really good thing I have ever heard of TCS being used for is to learn how to be smooth. What you do is turn TCS on about halfway up, and then practice driving without ever making it kick in. It would be a good learning tool but I don't have patience to try it.
 
I recently turned ASM off in my cars and after spinning a fair few times managed to drive faster without it, i still leave TCS at its standard level as im very prone to wheelspin :(
 
I drove the M5 straight out of the showroom and took off all ASM and TCS. Two straight hours of driving it on the 'ring, and I almost never got oversteer or excessive wheelspin.

It's good practice working an extremely powerful car without aids, as it helps you develop your throttle control. Mind you, thanks to the practice, I don't even turn on TCS anymore for powerful (260-300+) FF cars or in races, unless I'm using the F1... with that car, I'm just too lazy to even try to control the throttle. I usually accept the excess wheelspin and starting line penalty at the start, or attempt to fine-tune my launch with the right-analog stick (then switch to X when I get going).

An Escudo on stock R5s with no traction control, is as much fun as sack of kittens tied around your head. :D
 
Duke
The only really good thing I have ever heard of TCS being used for is to learn how to be smooth. What you do is turn TCS on about halfway up, and then practice driving without ever making it kick in. It would be a good learning tool but I don't have patience to try it.
Turning the TCS about halfway up is also good if you want to drive a TVR Speed 12 at all. :D
 
Plus - using TCS should make your tires last just a bit longer, though I haven't run a test.
 
Back