On to my 3rd bike!

After talking to the guy, the title is an "assembled from parts" aka salvage title. Suddenly I don't care anymore, because it has no resale value, therefore no use to me :lol:

After talking to the guy, the title is an "assembled from parts" aka salvage title. Suddenly I don't care anymore, because it has no resale value, therefore no use to me :lol:
And that just killed it :lol:

So oh darn, looks like it's time to dump a little money into the SV and ride it out. I've been telling myself since I wasn't approved for an FZ-09 that my next bike will be an FZ-09!

It's currently just sitting. Haven't rode it in a week. I get paid in a week so I'll put it back on the road. I need front brakes, a front tire, side cover gasket and some fresh oil! Then again I may just ride it and save the $100 I'm about to put in my trucks gas tank :lol:

10312679_10203639809738069_2889127582699815864_n.jpg

Good to see in that pic you car about some skin. ;) Also forget the FZ-09, better step up to the FZ-1. :lol: jk get whatever you feel good on.

I always fell good seeing someone in gear :cheers: Down here 9 out of 10 bikers don't wear jackets and 2 out of 10 don't even have helmets on ( just my observations ).

FZ-09's are nice, me and my dad rode one around in Hawaii.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for them. I sat on a few, test rode one, had my $2,000 to put down and ended up not having the credit to do it without a cosigner... sucks to be 21 right? Either way, I love the feel of the triple, and the sound. I'm in love with those things

I'm pretty big on ATGATT. Boots, gloves, jacket, helmet, and I just can't afford any riding jeans or anything yet. And when it cools down a little bit I get to trade in the mesh summer jacket for a Vanson leather piece. Get to wear that about 3-4 months a year :lol:

Made some progress today. Oil changed, didn't get the leaking gasket... because I'm just an idiot that wants to ride and RTV'd the leak already, now we'll see if it works. Then I went about reforming the clutch lever. It's been bent this whole time right on the end so I chopped it down and made a shorty out of it, which ironically let's me get more fingers on it than the way it was before due to the bend.

And then the happy part... Ordered an exhaust yesterday. Got a cheapy, the Danmoto Carbon GP slip on. $150 shipped :D

And anything is better than the muffler-less drone while riding. Plus now it'll finally bring the bike and carbs together. When I jetted them, I set it up for a K&N filter and a slip on... So it should perform a little better as well :)

Once that's here, she's ready for daily duty. Front tire I'll get in 2 weeks. Brake pads in 2 weeks also. Took a look at 'em today, still got a little life left

Today was nice and productive to say the least. New front tire (finally), painted the front rim (finally-er) and my exhaust came in so that's on now too! :D

Little quiet for what I thought a GP exhaust would be, but I haven't really tested it out yet since it's pouring out... Got a good tone to it though, I dig it a lot. Sounds real smooth, and now you can hear the small high pitched whine I like but could never hear from the motor before. To put it lightly, I'm pretty happy as of today lol.

New clutch cable will be here Friday. And even if it's not, I'm running this bike down the track, I'll just throw it in the back of my truck in case it does break :lol:

10305502_10203839527450887_1421161364030652793_n.jpg

10403323_10203839527730894_6771351308911735630_n.jpg

10373668_10203839529730944_7105734687257000128_n.jpg

Update: Bike still running well, stopping well, turning well. But the damn brake light switch is going out now! Ugh! I know it's easy to fix and all, but I'm really getting anxious for this bike to be good enough to ride every day and stop needing work after every ride lol

Took her out last night... And the brake light was working just fine. I HATE ELECTRICAL ****!!!

Started digging into the random misfire, seemingly down on power BS today. Took off the air box and noticed the front cylinder has a much stronger vacuum pull through the mouth of the carb than the rear (Sounds like a carb sync thing to me for starters). So then I set to pulling the spark plugs to see more of what's going on. Front cylinder was looking good, chocolate plug, nice and dry, good looking gap, etc.

But the rear cylinder... Not so much!

10547690_10204224822483022_2901413594678436564_n.jpg

For starters, the gap is so far off, it's not even funny. I'm surprised it even fires to be honest. And when I pulled the plug it was wet. Possibly due to incomplete combustion?

So after that I took off the top of the carb to inspect the diaphragm, spring and slide. Luckily all was looking good up there! So I'm thinking new spark plugs, and a carb sync should get this thing running up and on point. :)

Dropped the bike down to 87 octane... runs SO MUCH BETTER!
woohoo.gif
Still got the issues from before but not nearly as bad now. Turns out it was supposed to be on 87 the whole time
embarrassed.gif

So how did I celebrate? Added a second bike the 100mph club!

10562995_10204323023937997_1195877079734868675_n.jpg

Made 2 passes saturday night. When I go next week I'll be giving it hell off the line. Still learning where it likes to be launched at to keep the front end down. I'll be in the 12's soon
thumbup.gif

Changes are on the way for the ole girl!

The clip on riding position is getting a bit tiresome for a commuter, so handle bar risers were ordered yesterday, should be here in a week or 2, and then I've got some superbike bars chilling in the garage to slap on it. Try out that upright seating position for the first time since my first couple weeks of riding :lol:

And got some new spark plugs today. Gonna slap those in and that should fix my rear cylinder miss because that back plug is FUBAR'd

Back