On tour-post your touring cars

• Thread starter asriel
  • 62 comments
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car
RoadCourse-Daytona.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_2.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_3.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_6.jpg

I stumbled on these two while searching through my garage, a couple of PD's own creations for Gran Turismo.

Firstly the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car, while this is one of my least favourite Subaru body styles (I really dislike the rounded headlights) I think this is one of if not possibly the most well drawn Standard car I've come across.

specialstageroute59.jpg

specialstageroute510g.jpg

specialstageroute52v.jpg

specialstageroute53v.jpg

And the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car, not quite as crisp a model as the Impreza but for a Standard model it's not as bad as some.

grandvalleyspeedway7.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway11.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway10.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway3.jpg

A few of my GT300 cars, firstly the '03 Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza..
circuitodemadridmini7.jpg

circuitodemadridmini6.jpg

circuitodemadridmini5.jpg

Toyota WedsSport Celica..
trialmountaincircuith.jpg

trialmountaincircuit5r.jpg

trialmountaincircuit6r.jpg

Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S..
suzukacircuit6.jpg

suzukacircuit9.jpg

suzukacircuit15.jpg

.. and lastly the '03 Autobacs ARTA Garaiya..
fujispeedwayf6.jpg

fujispeedwayf4.jpg

fujispeedwayf5.jpg

Super GT are not touring cars. There is another thread for Super GT.

The only actual touring car I have a picture of at the moment.
210385_1803422277732_1005109569_31767647_2926509_o.jpg

Last edited:
Super GT are not touring cars. There is another thread for Super GT.

They are from what was formerly known as the "All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship" though, and the thread creator has posted similar cars in this thread so I figured it was ok.

You got a point there, but when I think of Touring car races I think of European cars.
I have plenty of Super GT/JGTC pictures, but I will leave those in the SuperGT/JGTC thread.

Oh me to, I sorely wish that PD would include some Race Modifications for some of the mid 90s cars to convert them into the BTCC style cars of that period (which I think they actually did way back in GT2 if memory serves).

I even have a modded up '90 Nissan Primera and '98 Audi S4, though it's just not the same without a race mod :).

They are from what was formerly known as the "All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship" though, and the thread creator has posted similar cars in this thread so I figured it was ok.

The series was called "All Japan Grand Touring Championship" a Grand Tourer (or Gran Turismo) is not a Touring Car. They are Sportscars or Prototypes.

If any series is okay, call the thread "Racing Cars" and we already have a thread for this.

The series was called "All Japan Grand Touring Championship" a Grand Tourer (or Gran Turismo) is not a Touring Car. They are Sportscars or Prototypes.

If any series is okay, call the thread "Racing Cars" and we already have a thread for this.

If we were to adhere strictly to the traditional definition of "Touring Car" then there would be only one or two cars that could actually be posted, the BMW 320i and maybe the Lexus IS200 off the top of my head. DTM cars wouldn't count as they're purpose built racing machines that only bear a passing visual resemblance to production cars and most of them are sports cars too (verging on prototypes these days) rather than the traditional 4 door saloon car style.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that by "any series" the OP was meaning any "Touring Car style" series, such as the DTM and JGTC, that at least have some similarities (even if purely visual) to production cars rather than just a pure "Racing Car" thread because then you end up with all the Le Mans , open wheel race cars and even Rally cars too.

But I could be wrong, in fact I probably am wrong, oh well :).

The SuperGT is not a "Touring Car style" series. There are tons of proper Touring Cars in GT5, both as Premium and Standard (real life and fictional). Alfa 155 DTM, Mercedes 190E DTM, Opel Calibra DTM, the ETCC BMW 320, a lot of the cars actually posted on the first page, hell, even the Civic RM, Integra RM and Golf IV RM can be counted as Touring Cars.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that by "any series" the OP was meaning any "Touring Car style" series, such as the DTM and JGTC, that at least have some similarities (even if purely visual) to production cars rather than just a pure "Racing Car" thread because then you end up with all the Le Mans , open wheel race cars and even Rally cars too.

But I could be wrong, in fact I probably am wrong, oh well :).

nope you were right:tup:

The SuperGT is not a "Touring Car style" series.

I know that technically and rules wise that Super GT isn't the same, what I meant by "Touring Car style" was that as race cars go they at least bear some physical resemblance to their road going versions as opposed to say the top end Le-Mans and open wheel "pure" race cars that have evolved away from a more traditional car body style.

That was one of the reasons I put up some GT300 cars, while they aren't true touring cars in the official rules sense I believe they are a regulated in such a way that they're much more like their road going versions than say the GT500s are. They may not be the traditional family saloon / hatchback type Touring Cars but the way they're regulated and controlled in terms of power and modifications is, to me, more in keeping with the spirit (and thus "Touring Car style"), I guess I mean like the sports car version or the Touring Car concept.

what I meant by "Touring Car style" was that as race cars go they at least bear some physical resemblance to their road going versions as opposed to say the top end Le-Mans and open wheel "pure" race cars that have evolved away from a more traditional car body style.
With that logic, GT1, 2, 3, 4, etc. cars would be Touring Cars too, they aren't, they are Sportscars, "GTs".

That was one of the reasons I put up some GT300 cars, while they aren't true touring cars in the official rules sense I believe they are a regulated in such a way that they're much more like their road going versions than say the GT500s are.
While a couple of them are definitely closer to road cars (like the Porsche 911 etc.), they are still far away from street legal and still Sportscars. Just look at the Shiden, which doesn't even have a road version and looks a lot like a Le Mans Prototype (unfortunately it's not in GT5).

With that logic, GT1, 2, 3, 4, etc. cars would be Touring Cars too, they aren't, they are Sportscars, "GTs".

Similar to, alike in some ways.. I didn't say that looking like a real car automatically makes any race car a Touring Car, I didn't say they are "exactly the same as" Touring Cars. Simply that they (specifically the Super GT cars) share more physical similarities with their road versions, as the Touring Cars do with theirs, than some other race car classes in the game do.

While a couple of them are definitely closer to road cars (like the Porsche 911 etc.), they are still far away from street legal and still Sportscars. Just look at the Shiden, which doesn't even have a road version and looks a lot like a Le Mans Prototype (unfortunately it's not in GT5).

Aside from the Shiden and the Mosler MT900 I thought most of the GT300 cars looked like race versions of regular production cars, the likes of Subaru, Toyota, Lexus and so on. As far as being street legal goes are any of the Touring and DTM type race cars considered street legal? I wouldn't have thought so, but I could easily be wrong there.

Perhaps we can just agree on this thread being about touring cars in general, both regular / traditional Touring Cars and Grand Touring Cars, rather than getting all pedantic and nit-picky over rules and definitions and other such frippery? :).

Perhaps we can just agree on this thread being about touring cars in general, both regular / traditional Touring Cars and Grand Touring Cars, rather than getting all pedantic and nit-picky over rules and definitions and other such frippery? :).

Thank you:tup:👍👍👍

Back