One Headlight Brighter than the other?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Event
  • 6 comments
  • 850 views

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
Messages
6,899
Messages
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
Why do some cars seem to have one headlight brighter than the other? You can see this a lot looking into the rearview mirror at night. So many have one really bright headlight? Are they low on headlight fluid? :lol::D
 
One is the high beam, while the other is the low beam. I may be in-correct, but I know this goes for motorcycles.
 
It seems to just be distracting! I don't like looking into the rearview mirror to that! I could flip the mirror up, but then I have reduced visibility...
 
Probably improper calibration of the headlights (isn't there like.. a 35 foot rule where the headlights have to meet at a point or something?)

They probably twisted the calibration screw while thinking they were securing the headlight, thus, making one headlight shoot farther than the other one.
 
Actually, you shouldn't have to mess with the calibration in order to change the lamp. However, a minor bump or fenderbender might do it.

If one lamp is a LOT darker than the other, like a dull yellow color, it usually indicates a bad ground connection on the dim lamp.
 
My guess would be two different bulbs with two different wattages being used.
 
Why do some cars seem to have one headlight brighter than the other?

Calibration, as was said. Both bulbs are the same brightness, but one's pointed in your face - so it looks brighter.
 
Back