One in a million. A GT4 story

• Thread starter I-ROC
  • 42 comments
im sorry, it wont complete races?

Explain exactly what the problem is?

Right before it loads the replay, A GT symbol with a red line that goes in a circle. Can't think of a good word to describe it. But for me if its red it doesn't load, but if its white, it does load, and its never white.

Search in the main GT4 forum for "Disk Read Error" &/or "Disc Read Error".
You'll find lots of threads that detail the causes & fixes for your problem.
If you're handy with a screwdriver & dust-off can it's relatively easy, and there's plenty of step-by-step pictorical guides out there for you to look at while you do it.

Which model do you have? Fat PS2 or newer slimline PSTwo?

yeah the red circle of hatred and frustration, it happens mostly if youre using a slimline, i think its as a result of badly fitted lasers inside the ps2.

You can still continue your story without using GT4. I would like to hear more.

Search in the main GT4 forum for "Disk Read Error" &/or "Disc Read Error".
You'll find lots of threads that detail the causes & fixes for your problem.
If you're handy with a screwdriver & dust-off can it's relatively easy, and there's plenty of step-by-step pictorical guides out there for you to look at while you do it.

Which model do you have? Fat PS2 or newer slimline PSTwo?
a fat PS2. It will not even work on any skinny PS2's.

I had the disc read error once. I just rubbed it on my shirt and away it went.

Also, The first few installments of this were good. Though the car show and Trial Mountain ones were absolutely horrible. Take the time to actually write the story and not just mishmash everything together. It'll look better and ultimately be better to read.

Sunday Cup at Autumn Ring Mini Reverse

After the Trial Mountain race, a thin man wearing a baseball cap came up to me. he said "We were impressed by your skills." i raised one eyebrow and said "What?" He said "Sorry, I didn't introduce myself, I am Ronald Sclinsky and the head of the sunday cup, and we would like to ask you if you would want to join the Sunday cup?" I got a smirk on my face and said "Yeah!" He said "Well go to Autumn Ring Mini, about Tuesday." I said "Okay, I'll be there!" As I was walking away, he yelled for me to come back. He said "You cannot use the fireblade." That made me sick. What could I use? Oh well. (Fast forward to Tuesday) Okay if found out the lineup.
Fiat Punto HGT Abarth '00
Pegout 106 S16 '03
Scion xB '03
VW Polo GTI '01
Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Twinspark '02
Toyota Corrolia Levin Gt-Apex '83 (ME)

We came to a rolling start, my palms were sweater the a black dog thats been in the sun all day. I come in hard and realized my car needs oil.

Notes
Passed Alfa 2 Corner Lap one
Passed VW Corner 3 Lap one
Passed Scion Corner 5 Lap one
Passed Pegout corner 9 lap one
Passed Fiat Corner 9 lap two

After the race, Ronald came up to me. He said "Great job! You are invited to the next race at the beginners course." I looked at him in the eye and asked "What do I win?" He said "600 credits." That put a smile on my face.

I got my GT4 to work.

Ronald Schlinsky? :lol: where did you get taht name? you're funny, dude...i dont even know why, this story just cracks me up!

it might stop working, best invest in a new copy.

Much better this time around, i still think its should be paragraph's long, but this is great, its impossible to get bored because youre always left wanting more! Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words Fluke! And by any chance, does anybody know how to take pics from a race with a USB stick?

....my palms were sweater the a black dog thats been in the sun all day....

Just a quick note here but you should take just a couple of minutes to proof-read the preview of your posts before you hit "Submit Reply." A spell checker won't catch errors like that, since the words are real words, however, in that context they make little sense. "Sweatier than" is what you need to edit in! ;)
(Also, as a sidenote, dogs don't sweat. ;) That's why they hang out their tongues and pant a lot!)

Thanks for the kind words Fluke! And by any chance, does anybody know how to take pics from a race with a USB stick?

It's easy. Save your replay file.
Go to replay theatre. Select the replay and play it.
Use "Select" to pause the replay when you want to take a picture.
Use the photomode options to compose your picture (exposure, colour, shutter speed, etc.) and press X to take the photo.
Now use "Start" to save, ensure your USB stick is plugged into either of the USB ports (doesn't matter which) and ensure the "Destination" is set to "USB Storage Device."
Click OK and you'll see the message showing that it's saving the picture.
It can take 30 - 60s to save the photo quality image to the USB drive.
Once you're done with taking pictures, unplug the USB Drive and attach it to your PC.
You should see an automatically generated folder called "GT4" which will contain your pictures, sequentially numbered "IMG0000.JPG, IMG0001.JPG, etc."

Hope that helps and the next chapter gets some pictures to help tell the story. 👍

Last edited:
Since my GT4 broke down, :grumpy: I will just try to make the story without pics, and the same sunday cup lineup.

The slippage
@ High speed ring
Fiat Punto HGT Abarth '00
Pegout 106 S16 '03
Scion xB '03
VW Polo GTI '01
Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Twinspark '02
Toyota Corrolia Levin Gt-Apex '83 (ME)

The race started off. I looked around. I think I was the only FR here, thats a advantage. We vroomed are engines. I looked at the 147 next to me. He was just as ready as me. We have just started. I slammed on the throttle, then I heard tons of tire squealing. "Ow, better not do that again I said to myself." I passed the Polo and the 147 on the straight. I took the first turn hard, maybe too hard. I immediately started drifting, and I slid down the track and crashed. "Bob Saget!" I yelled louder than a two year old being swung by his ankles. I quickly got on the throttle. I passed two cars on the straight, and the next turn, I took it easy, but still got oversteer. I quickly countersteered, hoping to regain control. I regained, but at the price of one spot. On the long straight, I passed every body, but I still oversteered on every single corner. Right after the race, I headed to the Mechanic in the garage. I said "Why is this car slipping so much?" He said "Well, this is a well known drift car. It has tough suspension, but many consider the engine too small to drift." I asked him "How many liters is it?" He gave a moment of thought, and said "I've been told, 1.6 liters." I looked in amazement. What a small engine! He said "I can get rid of that oversteer for you. Give me 11,000, the car, and see me at the next race." I reluctantly gave him the money. He started up the Corrola. "Wait!" I shouted "What car do I take?" He pointed to this dirty civic, and threw me the keys. He drove off.

Back