Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKingJoshXx

Self Made Billionaire Lobster Salesman & POTUS
Premium
United States
Indy
xXKingJoshXx
Am I the only one having this problem or is PSN down for everyone?

Updates:
Just saying, now that everyone is arguing over how people do or don't pay for PSN, I will say that currently (2:15am EST) PSN is still down. I will update later today.

Please stop arguing over who does or doesn't or whatever pay for PSN!!! It's very annoying!

For those of you that care, I just checked, and PSN is still down. (It's 4:30am EST). Going to bed now, goodbye. Will still update later today.

Last edited:
Ignore this double post, please.

Last edited:
I ask the same question. I been trying to log in more than 5 times and it's really aggravating.

After about 8 differeny error codes trying to log in today I find this....

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...lawsuit.ars?comments=1&start=120#comments-bar

Oh dear :ill:

Gotta admit just now I am unable to connect to the PSN with both my UK and NA accounts. Double checked my net connection with speedtest and pingtest and all according to those sites is hunky-dory. Agree with them or not, but anonymous do indeed seem to have some very skilled programmers in their ranks.

hi all, i have been having this problem all day and would like to know if its just me or anyone else that not been able to sign into the PSN, many thanks phil

on the PSN website its status is showing offline for me, trying to sign in gives a webpage is not available .....meh :(

Yeah I am afraid that for the moment we are all this:
screwed.jpg

Edit...
FWIW finally just managed to login into the PSN.

Last edited:
I have the same opinion of this as I do on people who hack games. If you do it in your own time and it does not affect me, then I could care less. Since this affects me, I hope karma gives you what you deserve.

I have the same opinion of this as I do on people who hack games. If you do it in your own time and it does not affect me, then I could care less. Since this affects me, I hope karma gives you what you deserve.
You mean just like the karma Sony is receiving for how they've been handling the hackers in the first place?

You don't mess with Anon.

Like I said, when it affects me, I care. When it does not affect me, I do not care. Both the hackers originally, and now Anon, have affected me in ruining my experience online by hacking and now preventing me from playing online. I hope karma affects them in an appropriate fashion for affecting my life in a negative way.

Sony could have likely handled the situation better with hackers. But I could care less about Sony's handling of the situation; I only care about how this affects me. Since my online gaming on the PS3 is negatively affected by their actions, then I am going to side against the side that is hurting my experience. If Anon wants to send a message to Sony, then they need to do it in a fashion that will not impact me, i.e. still allowing me to play online.

Yes, it is very self centered, but I want to enjoy the product I purchased. Their actions are ruining my purchase and I hope karma runs it course.

You mean just like the karma Sony is receiving for how they've been handling the hackers in the first place?

You don't mess with Anon.

As you don't mess - lightly - with any criminal organization, but that's entirely beside the point. Sony puts up a fight to defend what they think is their intellectual property, props to them. The only thing I fear is that an escalation of this will take away the PSN as we know it. I don't want to feel I need to pass a number of security checks before I actually am able to play online.

Like I said, when it affects me, I care. When it does not affect me, I do not care. Both the hackers originally, and now Anon, have affected me in ruining my experience online by hacking and now preventing me from playing online. I hope karma affects them in an appropriate fashion for affecting my life in a negative way.
Because you can't play some video game online for a day or so, means your life has been affected in a negative way? :lol:

Get up, and go outside. This kind of talk is ridiculous.

By pulling this stunt, they're only making themselves look worse. If they want to take on Sony, then so be it, but they shouldn't do it in a way that annoys innocent PSN users. Imagine coming home from a hard days work, wanting to relax and play some GT5 online with your friends, and then finding out that you can't because some hackers have selfishly attacked PSN. What's ironic is, they said in their statement that they're doing it to stop Sony taking away features, when they themselves are taking online play away from innocent PSN users.

Because you can't play some video game online for a day or so, means your life has been affected in a negative way? :lol:

The get up and go outside reply. Awesome stuff there! 👍 Great stuff! :cheers: Such as awesome reply! :bowdown:

:rolleyes:

Whether it is a hour, day, month, year, etc, is not relevant to the discussion. I wanted to come home today from work and play some video games. (*) This petty attack is impacting what I wanted to do with my spare time. I am not going to bow down to the almighty Anon because they decided they needed to take action against what they saw as an injustice; I see their actions as trying to control what I can/cannot do with my spare time and have reacted appropriately to their injustice towards me.

(*) This hobby is no different from any other hobby that people participant in with their spare time. Why is it that people take the holier than thou attitude with regards to playing video games? Get off your high horse and stop judging. I am not judging you on what you choose to spend your time doing.

By pulling this stunt, they're only making themselves look worse. If they want to take on Sony, then so be it, but they shouldn't do it in a way that annoys innocent PSN users. Imagine coming home from a hard days work, wanting to relax and play some GT5 online with your friends, and then finding out that you can't because some hackers have selfishly attacked PSN. What's ironic is, they said in their statement that they're doing it to stop Sony taking away features, when they themselves are taking online play away from innocent PSN users.

Little hypocritical of them eh? Also, you did a much better job in stating what I wanted to say. 👍

The guy who wants to play video games on his video game console needs to get up and go outside? Why? That is kinda the whole point of the console you know. :rolleyes:

I guess to the so-called hackers that isn't important since they only seem to care about messing around on linux and installing random homebrew apps but 99% of PS3 owners just want to play games.

Whether it is a hour, day, month, year, etc, is not relevant to the discussion. I wanted to come home today from work and play some video games. (*) This petty attack is impacting what I wanted to do with my spare time. I am not going to bow down to the almighty Anon because they decided they needed to take action against what they saw as an injustice; I see their actions as trying to control what I can/cannot do with my spare time and have reacted appropriately to their injustice towards me.
The fact you think it negatively affected your life is what's sad. It hasn't done anything but just inconvenienced you for a while. They aren't doing anything to you that Sony hasn't done to 1 of them.

Besides that, you should be more than able to continue playing the game unless Anon has magically shut off your console from being played offline as well. :rolleyes:

That is an awsome post from a guy with over 24,000 posts, in a gaming forum on his profile. :)

That is an awsome post from a guy with over 24,000 posts, in a gaming forum on his profile. :)
Doesn't bug me. I'm not the one complaining about 4Chan keeping me from playing a game for 1 night. :lol:

The fact you think it negatively affected your life is what's sad. It hasn't done anything but just inconvenienced you for a while.

Negative or inconvenience? Is there really a difference? In this case, the two words mean the exact same thing. So what is your point? Semantics?

They aren't doing anything to you that Sony hasn't done to 1 of them.

Since Sony did it to them it makes it okay to do it to me?

Besides that, you should be more than able to continue playing the game unless Anon has magically shut off your console from being played offline as well. :rolleyes:

I stated I wanted to play online, not offline. If I were complaining about offline play, then you would have a point, but I am not complaining about offline play.

Negative or inconvenience? Is there really a difference? In this case, the two words mean the exact same thing. So what is your point? Semantics?
You're being inconvenienced from playing online. Hardly means your life is being affected in a negative way.

So because Sony did it to them it makes it okay to do it to me?
You're the one preaching about karma. Sony is mishandling the lawsuit to help them & this is what they're getting in return.

But, I guess you only stand by such words until you're affected, and now you completely change your mind....

You're being inconvenienced from [playing] online. Hardly means your life is being affected in a negative way.

Being inconvenienced implies being negatively affected. Now if you want to talk degrees, then you have a point.

You're the one preaching about karma. Sony is mishandling the lawsuit to help them & this is what they're getting in return.

But, I guess you only stand by such words until you're affected, and now you completely change your mind....

I have not changed my mind at all. I was preaching about karma in relation to Anon's actions affecting me. Yes, Sony is getting something in return for what Anon deemed worthy of taking action on, but Anon's action on Sony in turn affects me and is just the spread of more bad karma. If Anon were truly as wonderful as they believe themselves to be, then they would have done this in a manner to not affect those of us that are innocent in all of this, i.e. me and any other person who wants to access the PSN to play games online.

Last edited:
Splitting hairs much?
Nothing bad is happening to your life from not being able to play a game online for a while. You are still more than capable of doing something else for a while to pass the time.

I have not changed my mind at all. I was preaching about karma in relation to Anon's actions affecting me. Yes, Sony is getting something in return for what Anon deemed worthy of taking action on, but Anon's action on Sony in turn affects me and is just the spread of more bad karma, in this case by Anon. If Anon were truly as wonderful as they believe themselves to be, then they would have not done this in a manner to affect those of us that are innocent in all of this, i.e. me and any other person who wants to access the PSN to play games online.
You clearly do not understand Anon. Nothing bad happens to Anon & do not care what they think of themselves. Attacking Sony's servers & websites is the only way to let Sony know they're serious.

Second, GeoHot & the other man were innocent as well. You speak of karma, here's Sony's karma for trying to put 2 innocent men on trial by having their own other innocent players affected. Sucks for you, but that's how the karma you keep talking about works.

Nothing bad is happening to your life from not being able to play a game online for a while. You are still more than capable of doing something else for a while to pass the time.

I am more than capable of doing something else to pass the time, but I wanted to pass tonight's spare time playing video games on the PS3 online. I guess wanting to enjoy tonight's spare time with my choice hobby for the night is wrong?

What if these DoS attacks were to last for a week? A month? A year? Would you be taking the same stance? The point is, any length of inconvenience to innocents, i.e. everyone but Sony, is too much.

You clearly do not understand Anon. Nothing bad happens to Anon & [they] do not care what they think of themselves. Attacking Sony's servers & websites is the only way to let Sony know they're serious.

I have read about Anon's past shenanigans, so I know what their modus operandi is. In this case, Anon has taken the stance that their DoS is more important than the inconvenience to all the innocents with this attack. That is a fairly large mishandling of the situation, especially when Anon has stated that they are trying to protect consumers with these attacks on Sony. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employees

Also, is that an okay way for Anon to let Sony know they are serious, especially if something serious comes from it? Nothing may come of it, but if something does, it could be tragic.

Second, GeoHot & the other man were innocent as well. You speak of karma, here's Sony's karma for trying to put 2 innocent men on trial by having their own other innocent players affected. Sucks for you, but that's how the karma you keep talking about works.

I was not aware that a verdict had been rendered on the case. But if you are arguing that GeoHot is innocent until proven guilty, then I would agree with you. Until all of the evidence is presented and a verdict is rendered, Anon has no business commenting on the situation, especially when their actions involves the inconveniencing of a large number of people.

Last edited:
Fairly certain that the Geohot case is still ongoing.

Anyways, I'm guessing this will only end badly for gamers. People do crap like this, than wonder why every game released seems like a half finished piece of 🤬.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back