Online coming alive?

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 353 comments
Well, speaking for myself, I'm pretty open this weekend. Would any of you be available Saturday around 20:00 ~ 00:00 GMT? Or are these times asking too much on a Saturday in Spring? :)

EDIT: I'd like to organize a time that's good for everybody. I'm pretty much open between GMT 10:00 am Sat (sorry Biggles) to about ~ 3:00 am Sun Morning. So long as I know in advance.

Last edited:
I would race with you guys sometimes but unfortunately I'm not that good at this game. It seems that when I got on there's not much action.

:lol: Hey, I'm up at 4:30 am during the week. If I wake up at 6:00 on Saturday it's 'sleeping in'. Besides, I'm just trying to be flexible with different time zones seeing as it's a weekend and people have plans. :)

At any rate, so long as we can get a general consensus as to the time, I'll definitely be hosting an old timers event this Saturday (that would be old timer cars, not drivers--with this group it's necessary to specify ;) ).

I'm thinking maybe:

- Monza - 5 minutes - warm up

- Hockenheim - 10 minutes - dry

- Misano - 10 minutes - wet

- Montreal - 10 minutes - dry

- Mugello - 10 minutes - wet

- Spa - 20 minutes - dry (finale)

kjb
I would race with you guys sometimes but unfortunately I'm not that good at this game. It seems that when I got on there's not much action.

Nonsense! You're welcome to join in, kjb!

Had a 20 min race with ENERGIYA (of course) at Mugello in the 512M last night. Pretty closely matched the whole way in lap times. E made a couple of small mistakes which, in the end, made the difference. Mugello seems to be the perfect track for this car. I love the way you can force the rear end out with this car, it gives you a lot of control in the corners, as long as you don't hit any bumps!

20 minutes, Biggles? That means you got your new wheel already, isn't it? Review, please! :D

EDIT: I can't tell if last night (11 PM GMT) there was any activity, because as soon as I connected, "JoaoPereira_P" sent me a race invite and I went into his lobby without checking the lobby list. However, I think there wasn't much activity, because we did 6 races straight and nobody showed up for the entire length of their duration. Considering we were racing the 360 GT and not some classic car almost everyone avoids, that must mean few people were playing last night.

Hey, I'm up at 4:30 am during the week. If I wake up at 6:00 on Saturday it's 'sleeping in'. Besides, I'm just trying to be flexible with different time zones seeing as it's a weekend and people have plans.

No wonder you were "struggling" that night at your house. ;) I guess, to be fair, we should have had a 4.30 am race session too! :guilty:

Well, we'd make a perfect team for a 24 hour endurance event! 👍

20 minutes, Biggles? That means you got your new wheel already, isn't it? Review, please!

No, I don't have the new wheel yet. My G25 just mysteriously stopped de-centring after I messed around inside the wheel unit (kind of the same way the shifter mysteriously stopped mis-shifting a while ago), so although it's still a little bit off-axis, it doesn't move more off-centre while I'm racing, so I'm able to race more-or-less normally at the minute. :)

Well, we'd make a perfect team for a 24 hour endurance event! 👍

Count me in! If (I'll dream now) GT5 comes with proper endurance racing, and we can do it online, and the car's driver can be changed at the pits (technical wonder, but I guess it could be done), I'm all for a Swiss-American-Canadian-Portuguese team racing GT5 Le Mans online! And if we have random weather, I'm already applying for night driving in the wet. I just love that! ;)

...GT5 comes with proper endurance racing, and we can do it online, and the car's driver can be changed at the pits...

Yeah, sure. :) Oh it's coming, no doubt. But only in 2017 with GT6. (A PS4 exclusive). But when it happens, I'm SO there! LOL!

I enjoy driving the LM. But 24 hours at VIR in the rain. I have only one thing to say to you...

(That would be def. 2 to be sure)

Well, i just realized that an audio device is desperately needed.
Having a headset is fine, having a headset without USB isn´t, and an adapter from chinch to USB is still in the store waiting to be purchased.
At this point i´m more than glad to hear some facts about a good headset for the PS 3.

Yes, the game is much more enjoyable and social with a headset. (Well, that is to say, most of the time :rolleyes: ;) ). I use a bluetooth ear piece myself. I used to use my old earpiece from my cellphone. It paired quite easily and frees up an extra USB port.

Count me in! If (I'll dream now) GT5 comes with proper endurance racing, and we can do it online, and the car's driver can be changed at the pits (technical wonder, but I guess it could be done), I'm all for a Swiss-American-Canadian-Portuguese team racing GT5 Le Mans online! And if we have random weather, I'm already applying for night driving in the wet. I just love that! ;)

I too would love to see this in GT eventually along with mechanical damage so it would actually reward endurance driving, not hotlapping ;)
Also, a team principal mode would be nice, either so people can spectate or keep drivers awake!
But all off topic and for another subforum ;)

I might come online in a bit tonight, getting my practice in for the World Championship while I have no exams.

Had a 20 min race with ENERGIYA (of course) at Mugello in the 512M last night. Pretty closely matched the whole way in lap times. E made a couple of small mistakes which, in the end, made the difference. Mugello seems to be the perfect track for this car. I love the way you can force the rear end out with this car, it gives you a lot of control in the corners, as long as you don't hit any bumps!

Dont forget the earlier race at this track, probably no more the 0.50 difference for whole race.

Checky little bugger got my draft down the main straight on last lap to take my win by .07. Damm you Biggles. great race mate. 👍👍

Medical Car, now on track: ;)

picture.php

Great, if i have a big accident, i'll expect you to help rescue me. If no rescue i'm be filling charges to your ambulance company. LOL

Dont forget the earlier race at this track, probably no more the 0.50 difference for whole race.

Yes, actually the 10 minute race was better, because the lead changed hands several times & in the end I just squeaked past by drafting off the last corner to the finish line. Pay-back for Hockenheim the previous night where you caught me on the home straight. Great race, & the crowd loved it! :)

All clear. But just remember, Emergency vehicles have the RIGHT OF WAY! ;)

Not in Ferrari challenge thay dont, If i have to pass you ambulance in race, i will.

Yes, actually the 10 minute race was better, because the lead changed hands several times & in the end I just squeaked past by drafting off the last corner to the finish line. Pay-back for Hockenheim the previous night where you caught me on the home straight. Great race, & the crowd loved it! :)

Not all the crowd loved it, some were upset for you last second pass for win. lol

jjaisli, thanks for the tip with the bluetooth earphone set.
I had to search for that part but found it finally and managed to install it.
Now i just have to be online when you guys here are on tour. :)

Glad it worked for you Flinx. So many people have Bluetooth headsets now I think it's the easiest and most convenient way. Just one word of warning. I don't know if this is a common problem but one of my friends paired his wife's old Bluethooth headset up to his PS3. And every time he was using it and his wife walked by with her phone, his earpiece would un-pair from the PS3, usually right in the middle of a conversation. It took weeks before he was able to make the connection and figure out what was causing it.

Hope to see you on-line soon.

oops ... that could be troublesome. Imagine this:

Driver A - "So, how does your wife regard your playtime with the PS3?"

(wife walks in the house one floor above and talking on the phone with a friend. Suddenly, the headset switches and pairs up with the phone)

Driver B (the un-suspecting husband) - "Well, my wife knows I have a mistress here, but as long as I spend some quality time with her, she doesn't really mind, she's very open-minded about it"

:dopey:

oops ... that could be troublesome. Imagine this:

Driver A - "So, how does your wife regard your playtime with the PS3?"

(wife walks in the house one floor above and talking on the phone with a friend. Suddenly, the headset switches and pairs up with the phone)

Driver B (the un-suspecting husband) - "Well, my wife knows I have a mistress here, but as long as I spend some quality time with her, she doesn't really mind, she's very open-minded about it"

:dopey:
:dopey:👍

I just opened a lobby for some action in virginia, using the 250 GTO.
Feel free to join.:)

Last edited:
Had a good race tonight with none other than Saarinen69, he asked me to tell you lot his new PSN: MHailwood.

First we had a few races which involved me, gravel and his 20 second lead. Eventually we managed to end up racing each other, albeit me holding him up, at Infineon, which is nice to know considering its going to be one of the tracks on Sunday. I don't know my braking points in the F430 on some tracks as I've either not raced them in this car before or I've not practiced them since driving other cars (such as the F40 on Mont Tremblant).
Sadly, i screwed up what is usually my good track, Mugello by trying to take the first corner faster and faster until I ended up slipstreaming Saarinen and outbraking myself, almost flying into him.
Good night overall, got some good practice in and settled some fears about at least on track on Sunday anyway. :)

Back