Online dos and donts

• Thread starter kingcars
  • 35 comments
Yeah kingcars, I recognized your name during the race. Those races sucked, I ended up getting too pissed off and tried to get revenge on some of the other guys but ended up messing myself up even more. I never tried to hit anyone before that and I didn't know that they added more measures to protect against ramming, so I usually ended up off the track.

If I just concentrate on racing after being wrecked, I usually can just get by and leave them behind.

Haha yes, I found out the hard way about the whole "going too fast into a corner turns you into a ghost" thing. I did a few more Suzuka S Class races today and just dominated, except for one race where someone named loco(cant remember the last part) in an R35 just drove away from me, even when I ran my personal best lap of 2:11 something in the Ferrari 599.

@Tabsy - It's definitely possible, but I can't be sure. I'll be playing the S Class Suzuka race mostly if anyone wants to race sometime (why are there only 4 races and a bunch of time trials? Ugh).

Glad you all are interjecting some etiquette here. It's often hard to have restraint in video games, nonetheless in a racing game we have all been playing offline for many years. We have all gotten into some bad habits over those years and the transition to polite online play which includes not forcing the issue and staying out of the racing line when off the pace takes restraint.

Say a prayer for me when I get my US copy and all the Americans (I am one too) go all Talladega Nights and "rubbing is racing" on me.

There's nothing wrong with two good drivers battling it out, rubbing fenders, leaning on each other a little bit (in a controlled fashion). That's what makes racing fun. Wrecking (or intending to wreck) is where it goes wrong. I dont have a problem if someone bumps into me, cause lets face it, it's going to happen on accident, especially when racing hard for position. People just need to know the limits.

Back