Online Drag Racing Leaderboards

• Thread starter Harry6784
  • 2,020 comments
United States
Under the Hood
ote-260013_cp.jpg
To continue the leaderboard tradition, here is the latest edition for GT6. This will be a bit different since there is no 1/4 mile test to post your times. This time all competition for top spots will be held online. Here's how it works:
  1. Choose a car that you feel is fast enough to deserve a spot on the leaderboards. (For explanation purposes I'll choose a Nissan GT-R '09)
  2. Take a look at the current leaderboards and see if someone had already claimed the spot for the fastest GT-R.
  3. If no one has yet claimed the top spot, make a post here or send a PM to me or one of the officials notifying us that you have a car you wish to be posted on the leaderboards but the current top spot is vacant. You are then put on a waitlist for one week. This means that if a week goes by and no one else comes and challenges you with the GT-R, the top spot goes to you.
  4. If someone has already has the top spot for the GT-R, you will have to challenge them and beat them online in order for you to have the title of "Fastest GT-R". To challenge someone, simply reply to this thread in the following format:
    I, (your username) challenge (username of current champion) for the spot of fastest (full name of the car you will be racing for)
  5. The residing champion now has three weeks to race you or he is disqualified and you will automatically become the new champion.
  6. Once you two make it in a room, this is how the competition will work.
  1. Along with the current champion and the challenger there needs to be three other people on the track as well. One neutral ghost that both racers agreed upon (does not have to be an official), and two judges at the end of the track to decide who won should there be any disagreements. The judges do have to be officials. If no judges can be present, the results of the race can be validated if both racers come here and verify the same outcome.
  2. Should there be any spectators, they need to go to the pits or spectate. There should now only be 5 live cars on the track.
  3. Current champion has lane choice for the first race ONLY. After that whoever wins each race has lane choice for the next race. Winner is best 3/5*.
* Should a race be too close to call, the judges can call for a rerun.
6. After race is finished, the officials will let me know who won and I will update the leaderboards accordingly.​

RULES:
  • Nitrous is NOT allowed. If there is enough popular demand I may make a separate leaderboard for N20 cars.
  • To prevent too many people claiming vacant titles, you can be on a maximum of 5 waitlists at any given time.
  • SRF, TCS or any aids besides ABS are prohibited.
  • NO "E-Cheating" or any other manipulation of the brakes to enhance your speed.
  • You can challenge a maximum of 3 people per week.
  • Racing will take place at the regular spot, back stretch of Indy Road Course.

Last edited:
F.A.Q.

Q - I Got mazdamans Black edition That mean I got spot for black edition 12?

A -
Unless there were two official judges calling the race and the race was best 3/5 then no. This is to make sure all leaderboard spots are accurate and correctly represent the participants skill, reaction time and net speed.

Q - What if I used all my 3 challenges per week limit and someone challenges one of my spots?

A - The 3 challenge limit a week applies to you challenging someone else's spot. You can defend your spot as many times as needed.

Q - Can I challenge people from other regions?

A - In short, yes.You are free to challenge anyone you want on any board you want BUT that puts you at a distinct disadvantage. For example if I am from the US and I want to challenge someone on a European board I would have to go in a room that's hosted by a European and the ghost would have to be European. Only then will I have the spot should I win. Simply winning a race with a EU ghost is not sufficient.

Also you can claim up to 5 spots a week total, not 5 spots per leaderboard a week; so you cannot claim 5 spots on the US board and 5 spots on the EU board in a week.

Last edited:
Time to get a specialized dragster Supra and crank out a couple thousand horsepower XD It's a shame we can't tune up the 2JZ engine to what it's really capable of...

Question about topic #3. If there isn't a current leader for a certain spot and we PM an official about it, how will people know to challenge for the spot?

Are you saying if no one else PM's an official within the week, it becomes the initial person's spot?

Question about topic #3. If there isn't a current leader for a certain spot and we PM an official about it, how will people know to challenge for the spot?

Are you saying if no one else PM's an official within the week, it becomes the initial person's spot?

If you click on one of the leaderboards, you will see a column called "Waitlist". In that column I will post the person on the waitlist and the date they will become the new leader should no else challenge them. Example:

Nickrows - 12/20/13

If you click on one of the leaderboards, you will see a column called "Waitlist". In that column I will post the person on the waitlist and the date they will become the new leader should no else challenge them. Example:

Nickrows - 12/20/13
very nice set up and well thought out bud. i like it, cant wait until i can compete and judge!

Also if you haven't noticed the leaderboards also include a column for HP/Drivetrain that you can sort and search. These things I have to input manually so if anyone is willing to help me out I would greatly appreciate it 👍

What are we going to do about the online usernames ? Hardly anyone is using their PSN online at the moment.

What are we going to do about the online usernames ? Hardly anyone is using their PSN online at the moment.

The name you choose in GT6 is just for racing. When you are about to join a room and you click "view players" you still see their PSN. Also when you're in the room there is a button you can click so that you can view everyone's PSN.

Oh ok, I didn't do the view players thing, just saw a big list of real names when I popped online quick. Thanks.

Go ahead and shoot me a friend request on PSN, if you plan on being active on this. As I am an official and will be on a lot starting this weekend. So send me a FR! And send me a message whenever you need an official and I'll gladly join.

I have to say this thread is well done great job Harry keep up the great work. I can't wait to see how this starts turning out! 👍

I Claim the Skyline V spec R33 , and the Shelby Gt500 , And Black Edition R35 , and R35 09 Spec V
Come to our lobby to see how fast you're car really is. I Claim R33 Subaru legacy GTB, R34 Vspec nur 11, and Toyota Supra.

Back