Online incompatability error [742]

  • Thread starter Thread starter souldrifting
  • 13 comments
  • 3,730 views
Messages
126
Messages
cDc_johny
As it says does any one know what that means, i keep getting it when trying to play with certain friends.
 
^ I hate that NAT mess...

In the XMB go into Settigs - Network Settings and do an Internet Connection Test. If you have NAT 3, that could be the issue.
 
We both have nat type 2, so hence the confusion, all ports seem to be open upnp is turned on, any thing ells it might be?
 
We got that when I had restricted the cars to a subset of the garage and a player has not selected a car from the garage.

If you get it again go to the garage and select a car
 
We got that when I had restricted the cars to a subset of the garage and a player has not selected a car from the garage.

If you get it again go to the garage and select a car

Thanks mate, i'll give that a try too.
 
Anyone find a solution?
 
Bump to the top!

Still having issues with this, even after the update. We can connect to other people rooms but not each other.

We tried to join a british public lobby and my mate still couldnt join, Something to do with region mis-match maybe???? his in germany, but has a US PSN accoun. Now getting error 771 too?

An error list would help greatly if there was one.
 
Last edited:
Have you tried forwarding a port to the ps3? of course if you don't have a router (wired/wireless) then the point is moot, but it still wouldn't hurt to assign everything manually.
 
I am also getting error 771 when trying to play with a friend. We both are on NAT 2
 
Have you tried forwarding a port to the ps3? of course if you don't have a router (wired/wireless) then the point is moot, but it still wouldn't hurt to assign everything manually.

I havent manually routed it. However i have set the router to allow any inbound/out bount connections. I have no problems connecting to any one ells, nor does any one ells have problems connecting to me.

Its really only a problem with 1 person. However we cant seem to pin point what the error might be since were both getting it only when connecting to each other.

Any one know what error 771 and 742 mean?
 
I had a different problem with that... We where 3 friends. And only one of us could see all in the race. And we could see only him! And after that, I couldn't even join the rooms of my friends for this 771 error...
 
Up to the top again.

Just had same issue as the person above. All friends were in lobby but i could only see one of them, There were 5 in the lobby.

Still getting error 771 even with my ps3 on a DMZ, very frustrating.
 
Back