Online opponents quiting for phone calls

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moot
  • 43 comments
  • 3,467 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
heh, why not just drive like all the Soccer Mom's in their SUV? lol

Funny that since I added the cupholder to my cockpit, I've been using my BT headset, too, so it IS just like when I'm driving for most races. I wouldn't take a call if it was the FGT Championship or anything, though, but anticipating finally doing the endurance races, I'll be using it certainly. :D
 
Uxi
heh, why not just drive like all the Soccer Mom's in their SUV? lol

Funny that since I added the cupholder to my cockpit, I've been using my BT headset, too, so it IS just like when I'm driving for most races. I wouldn't take a call if it was the FGT Championship or anything, though, but anticipating finally doing the endurance races, I'll be using it certainly. :D
Multitasking, that is valid.
As long as they were not on mic to GT5 at the same time, that would be excruciating.
 
"Sorry I missed your call, babe. I saw it ringing but I was playing a racing game that I decided was more important. No I didn't win. Hello?...are you there?"

Question, Moot. How old are you?
 
"Sorry I missed your call, babe. I saw it ringing but I was playing a racing game that I decided was more important. No I didn't win. Hello?...are you there?"

Question, Moot. How old are you?

Why is your babe not massaging your shoulders while you are on GT5?
What kind of world do you live in where your babe is not within a whispered voice command away from you. You need to sort it out. Or maybe your "babe" is too young to live in your house and lives with her parents?
 
Eric.
"Sorry I missed your call, babe. I saw it ringing but I was playing a racing game that I decided was more important. No I didn't win. Hello?...are you there?"

Question, Moot. How old are you?

I would like to know as well. Also you can add to that what you do in life?
 
I'm work for Brian Cox the particle physicist.
I say work, I'm his dog. It's not easy, but you get what your given.
Just lap it up.
 
Why is your babe not massaging your shoulders while you are on GT5?
What kind of world do you live in where your babe is not within a whispered voice command away from you. You need to sort it out. Or maybe your "babe" is too young to live in your house and lives with her parents?

Maybe some people are adults and have responsibilities to tend to (different work schedules, errands to run, and so forth) and cant be together every second of the day.
 
You are immediately forgetting the best type of adults, the over 60 pensioners that have done 45 years of being responsible and have free time to do something they want to do, just because they feel like it.
 
You are immediately forgetting the best type of adults, the over 60 pensioners that have done 45 years of being responsible and have free time to do something they want to do, just because they feel like it.

That doesn't make them any less likely to get an important call. You have some serious issues if you think nobody should leave a video game to answer the phone (which could be a matter of life and death, literally).
 
That doesn't make them any less likely to get an important call. You have some serious issues if you think nobody should leave a video game to answer the phone (which could be a matter of life and death, literally).

I don't think you have taken the time to read this thread, as it has already covered the ground many times about "important" calls. Billions of people all over the world to many things everyday that are trivial but they would still ignore a phone call, even if it was their partner trapped in a burning vehicle.
Why can you not get it?
You don't know if the call is important, most normal people do not feel they have to answer a phone. It's making me more concerned that this is connected to the young generation of people that have grown up knowing mobile phone technology, these individuals are getting so attached to their phones it's almost a part of their body, they even take them into their bedrooms when they go to sleep. It's scary. I heard that some people actually get a pain response in the brain when deprived on their mobile phone.
As if they lost a limb.
Also what is a matter of life and death if it's not literal? How can you have a non literal matter of life and death, in some comic book your reading that features phone calls in an emergency?
 
It doesn't hurt anyone for someone to drop. Racing is a "Free For All" sport in GT5, So if someone drops its no big deal.
 
I don't think you have taken the time to read this thread, as it has already covered the ground many times about "important" calls. Billions of people all over the world to many things everyday that are trivial but they would still ignore a phone call, even if it was their partner trapped in a burning vehicle.
Why can you not get it?
You don't know if the call is important, most normal people do not feel they have to answer a phone. It's making me more concerned that this is connected to the young generation of people that have grown up knowing mobile phone technology, these individuals are getting so attached to their phones it's almost a part of their body, they even take them into their bedrooms when they go to sleep. It's scary. I heard that some people actually get a pain response in the brain when deprived on their mobile phone.
As if they lost a limb.
Also what is a matter of life and death if it's not literal? How can you have a non literal matter of life and death, in some comic book your reading that features phone calls in an emergency?
You are a poor lost soul. "a matter of life and death" is a saying that is used allot and usually is not meant in a literal sense. Yes people ignore phone calls for all sorts of reasons but that doesn't mean its the right thing to do. Some calls you know can be ignored and those are the calls that are ignored even when playing a video game and it usually involves someone that's not very important to you. The calls that people stop racing for are most likely from people that are dear to the person being called.
 
I really would like to know what kind of life Moot has. Every single aspect of it. I have a hunch it would make a great documentary.
 
Tough.

AUP
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back