Online racing separating wheel users and pad users

• Thread starter Hasassin_X
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Hasassin_X
they really need to make it so wheel users race online with wheel users and not pad users and vise versa the reaction time on a pad is way faster in my opinion than on a wheel! Other than that the races need to have tracks switched more frequently than once a week to mid it up a bit. That and the penalty system needs adjusting so when someone hits you they get penalized not both of you

Dude, I'm perosonaly a pad user & would die to own a wheel. We shouldn't get penailezed for not being able to afford a wheel. Having a wheel would increase my lap times so I don't see where your coming from
I’m not saying people should be penalized at all I’m saying they should have an option to have wheel users play with wheel users. Some of these racers with pads are all over the place real twitchy then hit you and both of you get penalized happened to me last night. Guy cut on my inside tried to turn and pushed me off the track and I got hit with a 10 sec penalty. I’ll race with who ever but the response on the stick is much quicker I’m faster on the pad probably because I recently just started playing with a wheel so trying to adjust to it I guess. It was just a suggestion really but still loving the game either way

I think laptimes need to reflect the setup used. So if you post up a time that is incredible, and you used a fanatec wheel, everyone knows you’re a wheel snob. Whereas, if you post a decent time using a pad, you get mad respect. Wheel>pad for LT any day. Forza was the same way. I would always place top 1% in the world. But I would be number 60,000th (out of 5 million) on a wheel. And 80,000th on a game pad.

Yeah... No. You're way wrong in your assumptions that pad users are faster than wheel users. Certain tracks are better for each. Note: I have yet to play GTS with a DS4 and have been using a wheel for a few years now.

But I can recall that tracks like Big Willow and others with long sweeping corners wheel users have a huge advantage in. Simple because its harder to maintain speed and turning radius's on a DS4. I would be interested to see if a DS4 could get thru the turning sections on Suzuka East as smoothly as a wheel can.

Join a league and race with people who are actually good at driving to see if you can stack up.

Last edited:
161vwp.jpg

@TNR_KING_FILO is one of the fastest pad users i've raced against. I use a wheel and not being allowed to race against someone of his quality would be stupid.
One thing that people seem to be forgetting is that the game has only been out for a week. It is full of casual gamers at the moment who are trying something new. Give it another week or two and some of those casual players will be getting bored and play something else, meaning lobbies will have more dedicated GT players in them increasing the quality of the grids.

you've got to remember this is the most anticipated game of this year. it's even beaten FIFA 18 in terms of sales in the UK... FIFA. Let everyone get used to the game. if you want a more competitive environment use the SPORT mode features.

you've got to remember this is the most anticipated game of this year. it's even beaten FIFA 18 in terms of sales in the UK... FIFA. Let everyone get used to the game. if you want a more competitive environment use the SPORT mode features.

I think some here are missing my point. I’m not saying pad users are not fast they are some of the fastest and some even hold records! I play in the Sport part of the game so it’s regulated for the most part . What I’m trying to say is we should have an “option” to race with wheel users or pad users. I was in a race last night which I will upload later on the dragon trail course which by the is pretty much dominated by the Nissan GTR GT4 I can make it around that track on a wheel in 1:48:890 after a ton of tuning but I was passed by a Porsche which doesn’t have as much power but handles a bit better during the last lap. After watching the replay you can tell he was on a pad by watching how he controls the car and for a pad user he was amazing but he can go full lock and back quicker than a wheel users helping him turn quicker at a higher speed. Just think from a competitive standpoint we should have the option to choose. I was a pad user at one point and nothing made me happier than beating a wheel user so I get it. An option wouldn’t be so bad.

I agree that in terms of pure lap times a wheel is faster but there are points on certain tracks that is far quicker with a controller.
Also Rally I find a lot easier with a controller because you cn counter steer more efficiently.

Well I like that PD listens to to fans and update 1.03 is out I can tell you that the torque on the T150 even at 1 was still hard after update wheel feels good at this setting and I’m as fast with the wheel as I was with the pad now which is awesome! The settings may look the same but they are different by all means play around with them you’all see.

I’m in the process of uploading my time trial on Dragons Trail I just did this morning using the wheel will be posting it in a few so look out for that let me know if there is any way I can improve my time!

I have this car tuned using 97% power level if you guys what the tune let me know I’ll post it

Here ya go

Last edited:
Back