Online Radio?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Snowtire
  • 21 comments
  • 1,101 views
Messages
443
Here at work I'm forced to use the WMP radio tuner. There's some good stuff on here. I was just wondering if anyone else uses this function or other online radio stations? http://www.radio13.net/
 
check out www.shoutcast.com or to a much lesser extent (because it's got too many ads for my liking) www.live365.com

I learned about shoutcast only because bash.org seems to have an excellent trance station running and because I'm thinking of turning my crappy dsl connection into a streaming server for a few select friends (i'm capped @ 12kb/sec uploads :'().
 
Originally posted by Mr. Snowtire
Try the techno rave party


I like this one a lot. It's a nice change of pace for someone who likes techno and trance a lot. That would be me, of course.
 
the local one is Radio5

Mainly pop, hip hop, R&B :yuck:

That metallica one sounds 👍
 
I would have to agree with your view on R&B, I am not a fan myself. Too much "Smooth, silky, soft" for my tastes.
 
By chance, did you design it? I was just wondering, because your name is in it.
 
It's just my pc acting as a server - I don't like giving out my ip address so I use a dyndns.
I use shoutcast to stream my 18 gig playlist :D
 
Hey I am the same about Online Radio, I like it at times, but really iTunes is very good with online radio. You can download the Windows version at www.iTunes.com. :)
 
Two of my favourites:

www.rrr.org,au - great Australian community radio station (based in Melbourne) that plays genuine alternative music. This is one thing I really miss from Melbourne - thank god they're online.

http://www.abc.net.au/dig/player/
This is a great radio station if you're in your thirties - good mix of new and older stuff, and it's a really good playlist - some really good on-line features too, like artist details, albums, that sort of stuff.
 
Back